Rally 6....

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Shouldn't be a problem Andy. I am 2 days away coming from Calgary.
Go to Google maps and hit the directions button. Type in your address & destination and it will give you the travel time and distance in addition to the directions.

Sue and I look forward to seeing you and Margaret again :thumbsup
:cheers
Trent

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Thanks Trent - I will plan it.
Andy

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Andy, maybe coming thru St.Louis? We can work a Rally party at my house. I'm sure DBTGT from tulsa will tow.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Frank - I will be coming I-94 Detroit to Chicago ...then on to I-80 all the way to Salt Lake City.
Given I will be short on time, I will not be dropping South to St. Louis area.
andy

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Andy,

That will be a cake walk, I had to bring my engine back to Detroit for a quick repair and dyno, left California Friday morning and arrived in Detroit Sunday morning. One advantage, I had an F250 diesel that would go about 600 miles between fills.
Bruce

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
2 long days, Andy - Stay in North Platte, NE - Nice Comfort Inn, just south of I-80. Whiskey Creek Restaurant on the north side - good steaks.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
2 long days, Andy - Stay in North Platte, NE - Nice Comfort Inn, just south of I-80. Whiskey Creek Restaurant on the north side - good steaks.

Good advice Ralphie, . My plans are to go to the Rally but if im around at the time your passing by i would love to run with you down the road for a while.

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Thanks for the input guys. I feel comfortable now with attending the Dream Cruise and also making it to Rally 6 Salt Lake.
I drive every March - Detroit to Lincoln NE and then on to Vail to Ski. (But I am not trailering the FGT).
I will check this out more carefully as the summer approaches.
thanks again.
andy (AJB)

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Any GT owners in the Salt Lake area, I know it is still a long ways off but I need information on a secure location to leave/store my motor home and GT (In a trailer) for a week or so before the rally. We are taking a sightseeing trip the Salt Lake and plan to fly home then back for the rally. We will need to leave the vehicles some were for 11 or 12 days. Have not checked with Miller Motor sports track yet but looking for options.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Any GT owners in the Salt Lake area, I know it is still a long ways off but I need information on a secure location to leave/store my motor home and GT (In a trailer) for a week or so before the rally. We are taking a sightseeing trip the Salt Lake and plan to fly home then back for the rally. We will need to leave the vehicles some were for 11 or 12 days. Have not checked with Miller Motor sports track yet but looking for options.

I was thinking of coming down early as well in my motor home and maybe park it at the track for a place to get out of the heat?

Infantryman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2011
Ohio
Looking forward to making my first rally!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Sent email to Miller Motorsports to check on trailer parking and RV hook ups. Will post when I get responce.

Jan A. Byrd

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
Percy IL
Is there a headquarters hotel already planned and if so how do I contact them? Jan Byrd.
JansCar2.jpg

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Why wait?

r627.JPG

Top of the road out of Kamas heading towards mirro lake and then back to I-80 near Evanston???

Not sure if I added these or not.

SAAC at the MMSP, few years ago honoring B Bondurant.

bondurantGTforum2.jpg

larrymillerbobbondurantsaac30.jpg

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Oh baby, very excited to make this one, need to make up for the last 2 I missed :frown

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Would be nice to know on Rally VI that at least the date has been set. Looking at finalizing home leave plans to be in US and attend the Rally. Much cheaper if I can book air travel back now. Is the Grand America Hotel in SLC still being looked at as the Rally headquarters?

My anticipation is building for Rally VI and the second time that I will get to see and drive my car (hoepfully not in the rain again). :biggrin:biggrin Also to meet more of the Forum participants and have more late night GT talks and also more drinks and cigars. Too much fun for one event. :rofl:rofl

Cannot wait!! :banana:banana:banana

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I literally just now faxed back the two day contract for Miller Motorsports Park. We are booked August 24th and August 25th. We'll go 24-25-26 and I'll get in touch with you about an opportunity for the 23rd as well since you're coming from so far out.

Now the work begins to allow us to take these things out for hot laps...

1-2-3 Car
85896466.gC0dIWoK.L1010493.JPG

Andretti Car
mmp26.jpg

mmp4.jpg

mmp11.jpg

mmp15.jpg

mmp19.jpg

mmp27.jpg

It's fair to say MMP is a must see for Ford GT owners. Many, many, many millions worth of historic hardware in there.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I had inquired with Miller Motor Sports about storing/keeping my RV and car at their track before and during the Rally. Miller Motor Sports called me last week and told me they will allow vehicle storage at the track and that they have RV setups available. This will be a great time at a great facility. Nice photos of the museum Dave.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
HOLY COW! I know I'm a little late but WOW! It looks like I will finally be able to attend a Rally. What a thrill to think it will happen right here in my back yard. I have a home in Utah (Orem/Provo area) and while I travel between there and Arizona weekly, it is my state of official residency. I had a garage and a track/clubhouse membership at MMP for a couple of years, and have driven the track more times that I can recall (I'm still really slow).

I have a four post lift and a great big house if any of you need the use of either during the rally. Be warned, MMP is out in the middle of nowhere, but its not a long drive back to Salt Lake in one direction or Utah Valley (where I live) in the other. The track is very secure and has 24 hour gate control. The museum is simply astounding, and there is some incredible GT40 history right there under the nose of many who don't even know what they are looking at. There is a Hampton Inn very near the track, but the Grand America and it older sibling Little America are incredible and should not be missed. I've traveled the world and the Grand is still my favorite hotel. World class. We honeymooned in Little America while we were going to BYU. That was all we could afford at the time, and even then it was a stretch :) Now we cruise up to the Grand for dinner or to occasionally celebrate an anniversary. If you have any questions about Utah, the track, accommodations, dining, etc. drop me a line and I will be happy to assist. It will be fantastic to finally meet you guys and put faces with names. You are gonna love Utah and MMP!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Mitty, it will be a pleasure to meet such an eloquent writer. Perhaps your musings will include your opinion on the Rally.