New car ahead of schedule

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Really thinking its time to unload the Ford GT and why. 6000 miles. Never in rain. Never outside. Never uncovered.
Airbag replaced (emblem--- under warrenty) Now in the same condition. Cam cover emblems replaced under warrenty. Now in same condition. Standard wheel hubcaps replaced under warrenty (rust) . Now in same condition and ordered at my expense. Cam covers themselves now have powder coat (paint ?) flaking. Hood paint bubbles starting . BTW, Im in Tampa not Cleveland, not clearwater beach . Audi V10 R8 is looking good . German quality is becoming attractive ...but wait ... even freaking Fiats didn't these sorts Vega level qc issues.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
yep, time to sell.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It would be really, really, really awesome if you finally actually sold your car. Seriously, you've been bitching about how you don't like it, it's not very impressive, and it's a piece of junk on this website since 2005. You just now decided it's time to sell? Please, for the love of God, actually sell it and finally, mercifully, (and I hope I'm not being rude saying this) shut the **** up. I went back to snag a bunch of your "I hate my GT, this thing sucks, there's like 100 cars I'd rather have" posts, but unfortunately Bony had deleted a bunch of them. I wish those gems about how you were going to get rid of your crappy GT to get a much better Lamborghini were still around for all to enjoy. We get it. You don't like the car, you've never liked the car, the car is not impressive to drive, it's got shoddy build quality, it has no personality (ironic). Doesn't that kind of make you an idiot for still owning it over 5 years from the commencement of Operation Enduring Bitching? It's turned into a quagmire. Get out! Get out!

p.s, I'll give you $100k cash for that hunk of junk tomorrow. I'll give you $110k for the car and a signed agreement that you vacate the internet. :rolleyes

If you don't like Tungsten make me an offer on my 2006 ALL YELLOW NO STRIPES AT ALL
5000 + miles Standard wheels and radio. Red calipers No changes Never over 100 mph Seat covers and mats since day 2 . Bought new in my name All services . Never liked it . Still don't NOT a financially driven sale Tampa FL fcorp1@tampabay.rr.com

Im not that impressed by the car. I find the cable transmission linkage to be weak and horribly imprecise ,the lateral seating support non existant and the lack of carry space silly and use-limiting (even the Countach had a truck, btw). Oh, and don't forget the stupid hard plastic seat buttons or the overdone radio speaker .The car is very (ie too easy) to drive and, in this way and likely for me only , it lacks personality. The performance is good but not nearly twice as good (cost wise) as a Viper. Had I driven a new Viper and the Ford in close proximity I would likey have bought a Viper (but immediately trashed the gaudy wheels) and a Confederate Wraith for the cost of the Ford alone. May still do so.

As many poster seem unimpressed with the Big Mac Basketball between the seats radio , doing this is an instant (4000) price reduction. Same for the wheels if you contemplate changing them anyway. Same for the used car body shop quality stripes.

crazy cuban4

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2010
Cortez, FL
I live 45 minutes from Tampa and am looking for a yellow GT.

If you are interested in selling it email me at popeyeswil@gmail.com

Thanks,

Wil

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
It would be really, really, really awesome if you finally actually sold your car. Seriously, you've been bitching about how you don't like it, it's not very impressive, and it's a piece of junk on this website since 2005. You just now decided it's time to sell? Please, for the love of God, actually sell it and finally, mercifully, (and I hope I'm not being rude saying this) shut the **** up. I went back to snag a bunch of your "I hate my GT, this thing sucks, there's like 100 cars I'd rather have" posts, but unfortunately Bony had deleted a bunch of them. I wish those gems about how you were going to get rid of your crappy GT to get a much better Lamborghini were still around for all to enjoy. We get it. You don't like the car, you've never liked the car, the car is not impressive to drive, it's got shoddy build quality, it has no personality (ironic). Doesn't that kind of make you an idiot for still owning it over 5 years from the commencement of Operation Enduring Bitching? It's turned into a quagmire. Get out! Get out!

p.s, I'll give you $100k cash for that hunk of junk tomorrow. I'll give you $110k for the car and a signed agreement that you vacate the internet. :rolleyes

DBK - that made me LOL :lol

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Interesting marketing technique. Dump on a car you are trying to sell. If you find German car quality "attractive" you would have been disappointed with my last (08) M5 which I dumped (due to the usual German overengineering glitches) for an American CTS-V which has been flawless. Dave would look good in yellow--sell it to him.

tony h

GT Owner
Jun 16, 2010
United Kingdom
Really thinking its time to unload the Ford GT and why. 6000 miles. Never in rain. Never outside. Never uncovered.
Airbag replaced (emblem--- under warrenty) Now in the same condition. Cam cover emblems replaced under warrenty. Now in same condition. Standard wheel hubcaps replaced under warrenty (rust) . Now in same condition and ordered at my expense. Cam covers themselves now have powder coat (paint ?) flaking. Hood paint bubbles starting . BTW, Im in Tampa not Cleveland, not clearwater beach . Audi V10 R8 is looking good . German quality is becoming attractive ...but wait ... even freaking Fiats didn't these sorts Vega level qc issues.

When you post threads like this they are flame magnets and I would not be too surprised if you get negative criticism. :thumbsdow

Its not often that I will side with anyone but I agree 100% with DBK, sell the car if you are not happy.

Yes, the GT's have their faults but take it from me, I have had loads of so called exotica and guess what, they ALL have their faults.

BTW, if you get a V10 R8 make sure that you get a manual shift as the auto box to say the least is rubbish!! Test drive one and you will understand why I say this.

Best of luck with your new car.

Tony h

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas

Calm_down_bro-DWrvfmLVFfKK0S1yir7V.jpg

I just thought it would be funny to post this here.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I am a physician also, I am assuming you are one. I spend my time fixing broken bones, trauma victims ect. I have to agree with DBK, what is the reason you still own this GT?

If you have been happy wit the car, why still post about it.. I have both an 08 SRT10 and a GT. No question in my mind which is the better built automobile. SRT10 is an excellent car but it is not the quality of the FGT. So rambling about owning an SRT10 viper means very little here. However, the Viper Club of America is a great organization, perhaps they would love to here your stories?

If you are a physician, you are use to making decisions that effect peoples lives, so make one that effects yours and sell the car to ShelbyElite Autos and move on with your life.

There won't be a lot of interest in the continuance of this story, I can assure you, on this Forum.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I just thought it would be funny to post this here.

:lol

For the record, I am in no way, shape or form saying there is nothing to bitch about with the GT. This guy has just been on here for five years, and the few times he chooses to post it's usually some sob story about how the GT sucks and he should sell it. WELL THEN SELL IT! I mean seriously, five years? Talk about not learning when to cut your losses. Must be a real glutton for punishment to keep racking up miles in that crappy yellow bucket of bolts.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
p.s, I've now reconsidered and lower my offer to $99k. It sounds like there's a lot of problems with that thing.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Chip is on his way over to my house in a few minutes. I'm gonna tell on DBK.... he needs a time out!! LOL. One of the funniest posts I have read in a long time.

You are gonna make a good dad, Dave. Often, the truth just needs to be said... instead of just being the elephant in the room!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
.....p.s, I'll give you $100k cash for that hunk of junk tomorrow. I'll give you $110k for the car and a signed agreement that you vacate the internet. :rolleyes

:lol :lol :lol

H

HHGT

I'll trade you a Mac, iTouch, iPad, iPod, iPhone, BMW 7 and a Denny's gift certificate for your GT.....

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
I'll trade you a Mac, iTouch, iPad, iPod, iPhone, BMW 7 and a Denny's gift certificate for your GT.....

As I have always know, you do appreciate Quality which is why you own all of the above! With the exception of the Denny's gift certificate of course.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas

Just wondering "what is standing in HARMS' way"? :confused:lol

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA

How in the heck does someone put 6,000 miles on an odometer if the cover is not ever removed. Or do we have the special secret translucent cover in Tampa? So, as it was never outside either, it must be run on your test track inside with the cover on! Where is the fun in that? As for never being in the rain; I hope not, unless the roof covering your indoor track and the car cover both are leaking.

Airbag replaced (emblem--- under warrenty) Now in the same condition.

And this affects the performance of the car how? Look, all metal (and everything else created in nature, or by man) fatigues. I believe the better solution is to purchase another zero miles car, have everything set to perfection, and encase it in a clean room; using laminar air flow, and 100% Nitrogen. This will keep most everything perfect as long as any of us shall live.

Cam cover emblems replaced under warrenty. Now in same condition. Standard wheel hubcaps replaced under warrenty (rust) . Now in same condition and ordered at my expense.

Wheel hubcaps ordered at your expense? If that is the only item you have replaced at your expense in 5 years, with no rain, on a covered car with 6,000 miles on it; you have an amazing car, sir.

Cam covers themselves now have powder coat (paint ?) flaking. Hood paint bubbles starting . BTW, Im in Tampa not Cleveland, not clearwater beach .

Much more salt in the air in Tampa than in Cleveland. As a matter of fact, much more salt in the air anywhere in FLA than anywhere in the Mid West, or in Ohio.

Audi V10 R8 is looking good . German quality is becoming attractive ...but wait ... even freaking Fiats didn't these sorts Vega level qc issues.

I am a fan of almost all auto industries, including those out of Germany. If you really think you can make a replacement part on a Ford GT that will function properly and outlast Ford’s production part; for about the same amount; I am most certain we will purchase these items from you: like the fantastic billet aluminum pieces coming out of southern Maryland. But sadly, those too will wear out and need to be replaced one day.

Pete S.

H

HHGT

As I have always know, you do appreciate Quality which is why you own all of the above! With the exception of the Denny's gift certificate of course.

Actually, I never said new..Did I ? I was trying to be savy and purchase all these products used since they take a 40% hi in their first year alone and maximize the trade benefit..Smarty Pants!!!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I will buy that Turd :)

enrico

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2010
London, UK
... even freaking Fiats didn't these sorts Vega level qc issues.

they are launching the 500 in the US sometime soon, I have one and works perfectly, highly recommended