Gulf GT is complete…

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Gulf GT said:
I just remembered, B&D's dyno failed while my car was on it last week, and we could not get the print out. Not cool!

I just spoke to brian about your car. He said it was making alot of popping noise from the exhaust, due to the headers. He also said those headers where way to loud for the street. Good thing i got the cat bypass pipes instead.

On a freindly note, he said your car would not stand a chance next to mine. I would bet money that Jacks tune will not make as much power and be as smooth as brians. That just my 2 cents.

DynoJet 224xLC w/ Eddy Current

Just an fyi we have had sitting in a crate for a couple of months the following DynoJet Dyno pictured below:

224xlc_Red.jpg

This will be up and running in the next two weeks!!!!

Check out the link below for more information on it:

http://www.dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/224xLC_dyno/index.aspx

If anyone has any questions please contact me directly.....

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
sales@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I specifically asked Jack for a tune that would give me better street drivability as opposed to top HP. In my 30+ years of driving street and race cars it seems excellent to me. Not interested in racing my GT, but happy to oblige anyone in a formula style race car of equal set up.

As for the exhaust, it sounds fantastic to me, but then I am used to being around open wheel race cars. A car with a muffled exhaust and test pipes sounds like nothing to me. The popping and banshee wail like sounds this exhaust produces are the only way for me, and it’s still way quieter than the race cars I’ve driven (ear plugs totally unnecessary). In fact, I’ve heard some street Lambos with aftermarket exhausts louder than this. However, I admit that my tolerance is probably higher than most. Also, having every option made by the factory on the car is the only way to go for most serious collectors.

Last edited:

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Nice! Like I said before, this is one of the only cars that I can think of that can go Vintage or Modern and look great!

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Gulf GT said:
I specifically asked Jack for a tune that would give me better street drivability as opposed to top HP. In my 30+ years of driving street and race cars it seems excellent to me. Not interested in racing my GT, but happy to oblige anyone in a formula style race car of equal set up.

As for the exhaust, it sounds fantastic to me, but then I am used to being around open wheel race cars. A car with a muffled exhaust and test pipes sounds like nothing to me. The popping and banshee wail like sounds this exhaust produces are the only way for me, and it’s still way quieter than the race cars I’ve driven (ear plugs totally unnecessary). In fact, I’ve heard some street Lambos with aftermarket exhausts louder than this. However, I admit that my tolerance is probably higher than most. Also, having every option made by the factory on the car is the only way to go for most serious collectors.

Your car is beautiful. I have the same set-up as you on the exhaust, and an SCT tune by Muscle. The exhaust is music every time I take the beast out. I have heard a couple of other exhaust set-ups...and for me...THIS IS THE ONE!!

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Mine as well is tuned for street. Brian had it dyno'ed on 91 octace at 690 rwhp, but not as safe on the street.

What good is the GT if you dont track it. Nothing worse then a GARAGE QUEEN. Just like my Ferrari Freinds dont drive their cars. I put 8000 miles on my 360 in a year. That is the main reason I got my new wheels, so I can put slicks on the stock wheels for the track.

Maybe we need to have a tuner battle at the track.

Gulf GT said:

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I got a better idea since you like open wheel. I am going to drive F1 cars in oct. Not a baby version but the real deal. They will have a 2001 BMW HP car that Ralf Schumacher drove in the 2001 season. These are the real deal, 1200lbs, 700hp, 15,000 rpm. Here is the link below. Makes all of our GT's look like honda civics.

So far I got myself and 7 friends going to the event.

http://www.lrsformulausa.com/shop/cart.php?page=welcome

Last edited:

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
davefordgt said:
Mine as well is tuned for street. Brian had it dyno'ed on 91 octace at 690 rwhp, but not as safe on the street.

What good is the GT if you dont track it. Nothing worse then a GARAGE QUEEN. Just like my Ferrari Freinds dont drive their cars. I put 8000 miles on my 360 in a year. That is the main reason I got my new wheels, so I can put slicks on the stock wheels for the track.

Maybe we need to have a tuner battle at the track.

What have you done to get 690RWHP? Thanks in advance.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
davefordgt said:
I got a better idea since you like open wheel...

No thanks, I don't need lessons. Which by the way, why did you hijack the post on my car with your statements about your “tuner” is better than my “tuner”, and your “car” is faster than my “car” in the first place? Are you one of those guys who like to compare bank accounts, wives, or the brand of toilet paper hanging in peoples bathrooms? Who cares?

Last edited:

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Gulf GT,
As a Heritage owner, I must say yours looks GREAT!!! Good job!!!:cheers

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Spirit said:
Gulf GT,
As a Heritage owner, I must say yours looks GREAT!!! Good job!!!:cheers

Thanks to all the people who enjoyed the car. That's the reason I put up the post, to share and enjoy, and to learn. Looking at some more changes, so I'm going to make a separate post to ask some specific questions. Thanks again, David.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Looks great and I love the wheels. Will we see you at the 27th run upto SB?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Gulf GT,

You car looks absolutely great. I had the opportunity to see it in person several times as I got to know Jack, Chris and the rest of the team at Muscle Motors. These guys are first class. Their shop is very clean and very well managed. If I didn't do all of my own work, MMP would be the first (and only) ones I would trust my GT with.

I have the same exhaust as you too - and I agree with you and lamboman that it is really great. It is so fitting for the car and the raw sound is absolutely great. As stated, it can be driven quietly and within legal bounds (db) quite easily.

Great decision on choosing MMP. Their maturity level is also very high - evidenced by their restraint not to get into a "my weenie is bigger than yours" discussion. MMP let's their work and the customers speak for them and I have no doubts that it is a pretty large fan club!

Last edited: