ACC GTAIR Accufab Air Inlet Support
FMS M-6766-GT Ford GT billet oil fill cap
FMS M-8006-GT Ford GT coolant overflow cap
FMS M-6067-A Ford racing ignition coil covers
FMS M-1828-GTC license plate frame
FMS M-6360004-GT Ford GT seat covers
KN 33-2317 K&N Air Filter
SCC 9400 SCT XCalibrator 2 w/ custom dyno & street tune by MMP
(592HP@6500RPM at the rear wheels on the dyno)
Powder coated brake calipers in matching light blue body color
Powder Coated in matching orange and polished OEM Ford GT Wheels
(spokes in orange, polished lip and inside behind spokes)

Jack and his crew did a fantastic job. I have had numerous supercars and worked with many shops over the years, and these guys are definitely pros. Without question one of the best experiences I have had with a custom shop.

David

Attachments

• GT on flatbed.JPG
    GT on flatbed.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 426
  • GT quarter.JPG
    GT quarter.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 403
  • GT rear wheel.JPG
    GT rear wheel.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 361
  • GT front wheel.JPG
    GT front wheel.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 347
  • GT headers.JPG
    GT headers.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Beautiful work. You must be thrilled to have it complete.

Enjoy it and be safe.

- doc

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
David,
Those wheels are KILLAR!!! - Fantastic!!! You should have some small spinners made to finalize that vintage look.

People will spot your car at the rally and go: "Look there is also one of the old GT40's"

:thumbsup

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Hey, my shinny oil filler has been on backorder for 4 months, I need to have a word with my dealer.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Love the look. Enjoy!

Manny

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ass-o-lutely beau-ti-ful :cheers :banana :cheers

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Absolutely magnificent!!!

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Very nice, when will you bring it to Crystal Cove? Mine is w/ Accufab right now getting the works done to it. Can't wait to get mine back. :willy

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
:wink Now you just need some gulf decals etc.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Great job David! See ya soon.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Any reason you did not put a new pulley on it for some more boost?

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Sweet! Can you take a few more shots of the engine compartment? How does it sound?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
davefordgt said:
Any reason you did not put a new pulley on it for some more boost?

Didn't feel the need for more power yet. May do it in the future.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
I agree...the thing is bitchin...spoke to Jack today, he;s doing silmiar stuff to mine next week

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
You guys should also try at Brian at B&D Racing. 818-992-3278. He has done work on my cars for over 5 years now including the GT. On the race tune it puts out 690 RWHP. In case you did not know Jack does not have his own dyno. He rents Brian's for dyno time. I guess if you guys dont do pulleys and custom tune then it does not matter. But since I have done so much tunning, I feel much safer to run my car hard. Dont forget once you put on aftermaket parts, good bye warranty. Even if they are from Ford Racing, it does not matter. I am not putting Jack down, just giving you guys another option.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
GTx said:
Sweet! Can you take a few more shots of the engine compartment? How does it sound?

It sounds fantastic. I have been lucky to have either owned or been around just about every sports car in existence. Everything from a 1960 F1 car to a 72 Miura SV with a tuned sport exhaust to my recent Challenge Stradale. The exhaust sound you hear when driving your car is one of the most important parts of the experience. This exhaust on this car is one of the best combinations I have ever heard. In my opinion, and I think it's quite an experienced one, there have been way too many posts on the forum poo-poohing this exhaust. Everyone says it’s loud, but there are definitely other aftermarket exhausts out there that I have heard that are much louder. I was really worried after reading the posts here, but after hearing it on my car for just 10 seconds I was astounded with the sound. It's got fantastic tone along with all sorts of popping and gurgling. It's quiet enough to cruise around without getting noticed and loud enough to make a bold statement, very versatile and very appropriate for this car. But the best part is that is isn't just loud. I listened to the Borla box without cats and it just sounds little louder than the stock with no tone or resonance, no music, just bass. This exhaust shrieks like a banshee on throttle with a melodious tone that is loud, but oh… so much more. When I am just cruising at low rpms it still has a "tone". It's got more than just bass. Great exhausts like great musicians aren't just loud, they make music, and this one's got it all. Is it too loud for the street? Legally, yes, but it's so controllable that you can determine what sound you want to make. Ford Racing and Borla have done their homework. It makes sense, they’ve got 10,000 times deeper pockets and tons more engineering data on this car than any aftermarket manufacturer will ever have. The question is did they put that money and data to good use, and just like the GT as a whole, the answer is a resounding yes, yes, yes!!! :thumbsup

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
davefordgt said:
You guys should also try at Brian at B&D Racing. 818-992-3278. He has done work on my cars for over 5 years now including the GT. On the race tune it puts out 690 RWHP. In case you did not know Jack does not have his own dyno. He rents Brian's for dyno time. I guess if you guys dont do pulleys and custom tune then it does not matter. But since I have done so much tunning, I feel much safer to run my car hard. Dont forget once you put on aftermaket parts, good bye warranty. Even if they are from Ford Racing, it does not matter. I am not putting Jack down, just giving you guys another option.

Jack's got a dyno; he just hasn't had time to set it up. They're so busy over there it's like a zoo, so somebody likes em. Their reputation in the industry is exemplary, and they’re known all over the country. Brian's probably great too, but having a dyno in house doesn't necessarily make a better or worse tuner.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Craftsmanship is everything. You can make a dyno do anything you want... they have their place, but are great for bench racing :bored

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
WOW, thats nice, especially appreciated by us UK Golf fans.

You do need a number though to complete perfection.

Enjoy :bow

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
davefordgt said:
You guys should also try at Brian at B&D Racing. 818-992-3278....

I just remembered, B&D's dyno failed while my car was on it last week, and we could not get the print out. Not cool!