New car ahead of schedule

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
a neighbor -Gordy Hoare - married Iona Johnson - who thus became Iona Hoare.

And to the best of my knowledge neither one has owned owned a Ford GT!

Jeff wrote this while passing the 90,000 mile mark--nearly all of which was driven outdoors and uncovered. But, he's old school.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Perhaps it is all indoors and covered so people can stay "out of harms' way"! Probably isn't any harm in assuming that.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Enough of the names (and I am as guilty as most) ---lets get back to the issue. This poor man has a dog of a car he has had to endure for 5 years which he has had to drive 6000 miles indoors while covered and now cannot even get market value for it. To hijack this thread in such a way is despicable. Show some compassion.

I wholeheartedly agree. $88,000 - including the 'infamous' car cover.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
If anyone needs a PPI I would be willing to fly to FL. I spent some time under an oxygen tent as a child (for my asthma) and am familiar being in a closed, indoor canopy.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Perhaps it is all indoors and covered so people can stay "out of harms' way"! Probably isn't any harm in assuming that.

Then there's no harm in giving it a big :thumbsdow

H

HHGT

Dave, let him raffle it here. $500 tickets and we buy as many as we want with a cap on price. He can get what he wants for the car (within reason) and one of us will get a great deal. I have plenty of room in my garage. I'm sure there is a lawyer amongst us to transact this with a charitable theme. I'm down for 2 tickets...

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But, he's old school.

Well, the "old" part is certainly correct anyway. :biggrin

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Jeff wrote this while passing the 90,000 mile mark--nearly all of which was driven outdoors and uncovered. But, he's old school.

Getting closer to 90k. But the GT is home in Seattle and I'm in P.S. I Luv You, California. 1,300 miles of seperation. Yuk.

btw- I do have a few miles "undercover" in the GT - quite a few covered bridges, some few tunnels and a dozen ferry rides along the way.

But that's about it.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Enough of the names (and I am as guilty as most) ---lets get back to the issue. This poor man has a dog of a car he has had to endure for 5 years which he has had to drive 6000 miles indoors while covered and now cannot even get market value for it. To hijack this thread in such a way is despicable. Show some compassion.

We've done a good job of diverting this thread...me included. Probably for the good however since the OP has not been forthcoming with a response of price, etc. despite some earnest inquiries. The original post is similar to some I have seen on other car forums (F-chat comes to mind)_...done just to incite a response. A 14 y/o at home on X-mas break from school...and bored.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
99% of the time you will not get a response like this thread on this forum. Forum dogpiles are generally pretty lame. But in this case, it's just enough. The OP has been bitching about the car since the inception of the forum, and for the entire time he's been claiming he didn't like it and should sell it. Time to put up or shut up.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Yes. Please close this thread. I'm tired of even thinking about it/him. Let's get this "out of harms' way".

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
One of our beliefs in medicine is "Do no harm" ... So lets follow that lesson and be done with it.

Stu

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
One of our beliefs in medicine is "Do no harm" ... So lets follow that lesson and be done with it.

Stu

LOL good one. Forgot about that.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
86 this one, por favor

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007

Stu

That's true. But I thought we were helping to end the good doctor's suffering by finding a new victim to take that turd off his hands.

I don't see the harm in that.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Personally I liked Bony's moderator rules, don't insult any FGT owners, or you will be banned for a few days. I remember that Bony banned me for questioning the truthfulness of one owner that claimed to drive his FGT into and around Mexico. Bony explained his reason to me and I was fine with his decision. I don't agree with Dr. Harm's assessment of the FGT, however, IMO he should be free to express his views as long is he isn't insulting another owner. I you don't agree with his statements, counter with fact and not insults. I don't remember his past posts, but this one doesn't make me feel that I have to pile on the guy.

Be nice, it is the holiday season.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Blackice is absoluetly right. When i first read this it reminded me of Corvette Forum where pileing on is the normal. I also agree with the general assumption that the Dr should sell but enough is enough IMO.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Personally I liked Bony's moderator rules, don't insult any FGT owners, or you will be banned for a few days.

You have no idea how many posts of Bony's I deleted for absolutely ripping people a new asshole.