New car ahead of schedule

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
My dad knows Dr & Dr Doctor. (Optometrists if I remember correctly)

Other funny names:

Mike Hawk
Mike Hunt

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Washington University Med School/Barnes Hospital in St.Louis had Dr.Harvey Butcher, general surgeon. He was a great guy, may he RIP. One of my buddies, an OB/GYN is named Tugwell.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I knew a guy named Frankie Pickle. He used to embalm stuff.

GTRob

Feb 18, 2009
Already contacted the good Dr ask the price. First emailed I received about price was 'Market Value' and he also send a link to pictures. Emailed him back what is 'Market Value' and has not heard from him yet.

And on the note of funny names, saw an election sign a few years back for a guy running represent one of the districts in the government with a name John Stoner

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I graduated from high school with a guy named Chad Stoner, and yes he was.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Already contacted the good Dr ask the price. First emailed I received about price was 'Market Value' and he also send a link to pictures. Emailed him back what is 'Market Value' and has not heard from him yet.

Same here. Car isn't for sale....just jerking us around. At least he's supposedly in Fl and not TX or I would have to apologize for his childish behavior.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania

And on the note of funny names, saw an election sign a few years back for a guy running represent one of the districts in the government with a name John Stoner

Market Value? Is that kinda like whats written next to surf n turf on an expensive menu at a steakhouse? LOL

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
My market or his? lol......yeh, yeh I know the answer. Market value is highly subjective.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Market value? I am conflicted.

On the one hand the car is a piece of junk as generously admitted to for years by the seller--so why would I pay "market value" for a typical piece of American junk?

On the other hand I am into odd, collector cars that are one of a kind. If I can get a GT that has run the clock to 6000 miles, while covered and indoors I am thinking market value may be one hell of a deal. What to do??

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Its also a one of a kind too. Did 6000 miles indoors while covered. As DBK surmised it was likely on a 9ft wide treadmill so it did 6000 miles without actually traveling a mile. Go explain that one.

If nothing else the car's in shape!

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
What is market value of a "rust bucket" Ford GT, never driven uncovered outdoors? It's one of a kind, is that good or bad. My definition of market value is what someone is willing to pay and someone is willing to accept as payment.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
you guys are giving this guy too much attention. Someone please hijack this thread.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
you guys are giving this guy too much attention. Someone please hijack this thread.

I thought we did with the funny names?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

OK, here are some more: Had a customer by the name of Richard Fresh. Just think of having roll called in school with you last name first. Had a vendor with the name Harry Wiener..... swear to God!

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
My market or his? lol......yeh, yeh I know the answer. Market value is highly subjective.

Im gonna say that your idea of "MARKET VALUE" is lower than his, if not most anyones. :)

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
This has gotta stop-- but, ok I knew a guy named Dick Hertz.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
There was a Crystal Chandilier was in my law school class. So I was told anyway.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
This has gotta stop-- but, ok I knew a guy named Dick Hertz.

Ok I'll bite......who's Dick Hertz?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Ok I'll bite......who's Dick Hertz?

Some guy I knew who hated his car--no, actually a guy in college

H

HHGT

How about: