Lamborghini Veneno

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
Taking delivery of a Lamborghini Veneno. What you get for $4.1 MIL and change.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...o-gets-delivered-to-its-new-owner-video?email

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If you took the Lamborghini badges off and said it was a Mansory body kit on an Aventador (which, let's be honest, it's not that far from), a lot of the people singing this car's praises would be killing it mercilessly. Lamborghini has descended into farce with cars like the Veneno. Just my opinion.

This is what a car by a serious car company looks like:

lamborghini-miura-s-main.jpg

lamborghini-miura-s-2.jpg

This is not:

Lamborghini-Veneno-5.jpg

lamborghini_veneno_78.jpg

veneno_4__big-620x411.png

Comically bad rear end. An extra that didn't make the cut from a 90's Batman & Robin scene.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It looks like it belongs in a SciFi movie more than on the road or track.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That is a ridiculous looking POS. I hope the flat bed truck comes with the car as the owner will likely need it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That is a ridiculous looking POS. I hope the flat bed truck comes with the car as the owner will likely need it.

The owner is a pretty big poster on one of the Lambo boards. It's funny because the trajectory of the thread was pretty much "Wow, this is a hideous excuse for a body kit" ---> "This couldn't be any uglier" ---> "God what has happened to Lambo" ---> "This member bought it for $4 million dollars!" ---> "OMGWTFBBQ YOU ARE SO LUCKY IT IS SO AMAZING BEST LAMBO EVER!" :lol

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
This day in history 3 years ago: Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and Joe Shit the Rag Man, Lamborghini's product planning committee, green light the Veneno and cancel production of the Miura concept. Classless ballers everywhere rejoice.

image.jpg

Yeah, that looks terrible.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The owner is a pretty big poster on one of the Lambo boards. It's funny because the trajectory of the thread was pretty much "Wow, this is a hideous excuse for a body kit" ---> "This couldn't be any uglier" ---> "God what has happened to Lambo" ---> "This member bought it for $4 million dollars!" ---> "OMGWTFBBQ YOU ARE SO LUCKY IT IS SO AMAZING BEST LAMBO EVER!" :lol

And to think he could have bought an original GT40 AND a 427 Cobra with the same money.

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
This is what a car by a serious car company looks like:

I agree that the car is pretty ugly. Ironically, I think you would agree that Lamborghini is a much more "serious" car company today than it ever was. This is what Veneno owners use as a daily driver:

Attachments

• ford.jpg
    ford.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,540

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
This day in history 3 years ago: Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and Joe Shit the Rag Man, Lamborghini's product planning committee, green light the Veneno and cancel production of the Miura concept. Classless ballers everywhere rejoice.

:lol

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Wow, aweful rear end!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Wow, aweful rear end!
Even worst than the new Stingray.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

i_cant_see.jpg

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
The guy seems like a normal dude. Good for him.

I'm no Lambo historian but every time I've seen or read something about the Miura words like "outrageous" and "revolutionary" are always used. Same here. Like it or not you have to respect that Lambo (on this car) doesn't give a damn about what you, we, or I think about it.

Is the aero stuff functional? I mean, if you saw an F1 car for the first time today it would look pretty crazy. In a world of 40 billion boring ass vanilla mustangs/camaros/etc, what's not to love?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I get trying to keep outrageousness in the brand DNA because Lambo has certainly traditionally had that, but there's a difference between being outrageous as a function of talent and originality and being outrageous for the sake of being outrageous. The Beatles were outrageous, so is Miley Cyrus. The Murcielago SV is a really outrageous car and it still looks great. I think people will look back on it in 20 years and think "damn that car was pretty awesome." I think people will look back at all these 3-20 unit goofy side projects and think Lambo was out oligarch and sheik shopping. Can't blame them for chasing those dollars.

I think the Aventador Roadster is certainly an outrageous car, it's actually good looking, and it's nearly 1/10th the price. Not that the price matters, it just makes it pretty clear why Lambo does the re-body projects.

verde-scandal-lamborghini-aventador-roadster-mclaren-12c-revozport-1.jpg

1529823_642866695751748_264078774_o.jpg

FENZO said:
In a world of 40 billion boring ass vanilla mustangs/camaros/etc, what's not to love?

This. Definitely this. :lol

lamborghini_veneno_78.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

True, but this car is so objectively hideous, I can't imagine any reasonable person would describe it as beautiful.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I'm surprised to see the comments expressed towards the Veneno. It's not my favorite Lambo and the styling is a bit over the top but it is a Lambo yes. I think it's great that a company still exists with the balls to make cars like this and stick with the large cubic inch N/A powerplant while everyone is running for small displacement/turbo/hybrid hills. I know of a group of F car owners, one in particular with an F40, who absolutely despises the FGT. I won't repeat some of the adjectives I've heard them use to describe it but they are of a similar to some of the words in this thread used to describe the Veneno. I think almost any reasonable thinking person would agree that like it or not the neither the FGT or the Veneno are "hideous". They may not be the car that lights your fire but to describe either using such terms suggests a bit of jealousy and/or intimidation. In any case, I'd take one of these over the Veneno or FGT any day of the week :)

[video=youtube;vbW8lhQBG58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbW8lhQBG58[/video]

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The Veneno begs the question; if the car, say, sported a manufacturer's badge identifying it as being a 'Stefenini Bravado' (or you chose the name)...would anyone pay $4 mil for one? Would anyone think it actually looked sharp? Would anyone even want one? 'Highly unlikely IMHO...just like reaching a concensus on what constitutes 'good taste'.

That thing makes a Pontiac Aztec look gorgeous.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I can unequivocally assure you Luke I am neither jealous nor intimidated. My eyes hurt though.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Everything in life is about surface area.

MP4_29.jpg