Lamborghini Veneno

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
If stipulated you had to keep it, how many guys on here would trade straight up right now Veneno for their FGT? Liars! lol I think it is a fantastic car but I do hate the Contach wheel arches.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm surprised to see the comments expressed towards the Veneno. It's not my favorite Lambo and the styling is a bit over the top but it is a Lambo yes. I think it's great that a company still exists with the balls to make cars like this and stick with the large cubic inch N/A powerplant while everyone is running for small displacement/turbo/hybrid hills. I know of a group of F car owners, one in particular with an F40, who absolutely despises the FGT. I won't repeat some of the adjectives I've heard them use to describe it but they are of a similar to some of the words in this thread used to describe the Veneno. I think almost any reasonable thinking person would agree that like it or not the neither the FGT or the Veneno are "hideous". They may not be the car that lights your fire but to describe either using such terms suggests a bit of jealousy and/or intimidation. In any case, I'd take one of these over the Veneno or FGT any day of the week :)

A bit over the top? :lol Again, over the top and good looking do not have to be mutually exclusive. I absolutely think a good number of reasonable people would describe the back end of the Veneno as hideous, and have seen them do so.

Like Sinovac, I can unequivocally assure you I am neither jealous or intimidated. And hey, I've seen you talk all kinds of trash and give backhanded compliments about Ford GT over the years. Don't be intimidated! :biggrin

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Luke, come on and move to Texas, I think the cold weather has affected your mind. Enough said. PS We will welcome you with open arme, I think.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
LOL I like the FGT but I don't love it. I am definitely jealous of the recent increase in values and wish I still had mine to take advantage of. That said, when my F car acquaintances bag on the FGT I can't help but think it is because secretly inside they are thinking dammit my car isn't selling for $250k these days I sure wish I had one! Hideous or not if any one of you told me you'd kick the Veneno out of bed, you be lyin!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If Lambo created a modern day Miura, done the same spirit as the FGT/GT40 remake, I wonder what might come of it.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
True, but this car is so objectively hideous, I can't imagine any reasonable person would describe it as beautiful.

+1 for hideous.

veneno.JPG

Some good names there for future Lambos, if they run out of bulls.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
If Lambo created a modern day Miura, done the same spirit as the FGT/GT40 remake, I wonder what might come of it.

It would sell to atypical Lamborghini owners and expand the companies' customer base. This is obviously a terrible idea. I can see why a for-profit company would be opposed to it. The original Miura is one of the most beautiful modern cars ever made and the concept did it great justice.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Some would consider a modern remake of a classic to be sacrilege cough cough... Should Ferrari make a modern 250GTO? I think not. You wouldn't buy one anyway Pockets lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Everything in life is about surface area.

:agree:

View attachment 32653

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Oh, muh gosh...:willy:willy:willy

'Not "on topic", Ralphie! 'Not on topic! :slap

Don't do that to us old guys!

Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Ralphie gets it. Must be an engineer!

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Lambo was out oligarch and sheik shopping.

:lolOne of the best lines I've read on this forum!!!!!

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
This is what a car by a serious car company looks like:

Really agree with your post. Lamborghini produced 3 of my top ten cars. The word that comes to mind when looking at the Veneno is "joke".

Attachments

• balboni-condujo-un-lamborghi-countach-201210932_1.jpg
    balboni-condujo-un-lamborghi-countach-201210932_1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 367
  • l3.jpg
    l3.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 324

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Ferruccio is not rolling over in his grave he's spinning in it at an exponential tangential speed.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I like Luke, always a bit of a smartass but that's better than being a dumbass. However, to say that 'if you don't like it you must be jealous' is leaning a bit towards the latter. The car is ridiculous... that is all.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Really agree with your post. Lamborghini produced 3 of my top ten cars. The word that comes to mind when looking at the Veneno is "joke".

The Countach has aged extremely well.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Sans the American bumpers. Likely one of, if not the most awful add-on mandated by U.S. safety regs.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ferruccio is not rolling over in his grave he's spinning in it at an exponential tangential speed.

Ha. Now this is a good line!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Sans the American bumpers. Likely one of, if not the most awful add-on mandated by U.S. safety regs.

No doubt.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
The most outrageous design to come along ever in it's day. I have to imagine there were slews of Corvette faithful in 1983 decrying the hideous and vulgar styling of the Countach :wink

82-Lamborghini-Countach-LP500-DV-09_CI-05.jpg