Lamborghini Veneno

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
If the Veneno was $200-$225k, and they built around 4000 units, Many on this forum would buy one.

Not totally sure about that assertion. But If it was true, (judging by the opinions on this thread) everyone would elect for the "rear-end delete" modification prior to taking delivery.:wink

BTW.....On a different note....I don't understand the whole FGT rear end bumper hate thing. What about the bumper looks like a truck bumper? I realize that deleting it makes it look more like a gt40....but I think they did a very nice job with integrating the bumper.....IMHO

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It's a ridiculous car... THAT IS ALL.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm not sure debating with the admin/site owner is in my best interest but I don't think I've ever called the FGT anything remotely close to hideous on any forum.

I never said you called it hideous. I said you've spent a great deal of time elsewhere on the internet explaining how the Ford GT is essentially a milquetoast, boring, old man's car with no soul or heritage that isn't special or worth the premium it commands. To me, that smacks of the "haterade" way more than a bunch of people that just happen to think a car is ugly. I like Lamborghini. I think the Veneno is a disaster. A Pontiac Aztek is really ugly too. Does that mean I'm just jealous because I never had a car that could deploy a tent? :lol

There are very few cars that reach the level of ridiculous aesthetic calamity as the Veneno. That is just an opinion, and one clearly shared by a large number of people. Attempting to apply some type of psychoanalysis to it is silly.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Oh, and really, tribalism? I don't think I've ever seen a site where so many people own so many other marques! Nonsensical!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
He is just a troll'n.

It is still ridiculous.

Milquetoast... damn son, I had to look that one up!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
There are very few cars that reach the level of ridiculous aesthetic calamity as the Veneno. That is just an opinion, and one clearly shared by a large number of people. Attempting to apply some type of psychoanalysis to it is silly.

here I found one those other cars you were talking about, idk why but since the first time I saw the veneno I couldnt get this picture out of my mind :)

corp_0801_03_z+1973_chevrolet_corvette_movie_car+front_view.jpg

btw was the veneno designed by George Lucas by any chance?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
^^Corvette Summer was one of my favorite movies as a kid. No joke.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Wow, aweful rear end!

Even worst than the new Stingray.

I hate to say it - and I never thought I would - but the rear end on the ZO/6 & ZO/7 'Rays have actually 'grown' on me.

I'm currently taking meds for that malady, however.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
^^Corvette Summer was one of my favorite movies as a kid. No joke.

I would have guessed Enter the Dragon.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I love ya Mike but that particular Lambo looks like it was drawn for a comic strip. Am I jealous....yeah.... absolutely of the 4.5mil. For that kind of coin I could have a Enzo, Zonda, Aventador , over pay for a Gulf Ford GT (old man car) at The Barrett Jackson and still have cash left over.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I never said you called it hideous. I said you've spent a great deal of time elsewhere on the internet explaining how the Ford GT is essentially a milquetoast, boring, old man's car with no soul or heritage that isn't special or worth the premium it commands
I'm not sure I said all those things but I guess I do feel most all modern cars lack soul but thats just a reflection of the world we live in today. I certainly think its worth a premium. I don't know about some of the wild predictions but who knows. Its always going to be a top tier car no doubt.

No one ever answered my question…

If offered a permanent & straight up trade, your FGT for the Veneno, who would say no?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

If offered a permanent & straight up trade, your FGT for the Veneno, who would say no?

I didn't catch you asking that question before.

I will answer NO!

The reason is I don't want to drive around in a 4 million dollar car and the maintenance costs are way too high for something I am going to drive less than EP would. I prefer the look of the FGT over the Veneno as well.

Now if I could flip it I would trade in a second.

Last edited:

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
No no… no trades allowed and assume the cost of ownership the same as the FGT. This is purely a technical design and aesthetic comparison.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
No no… no trades allowed and assume the cost of ownership the same as the FGT. This is purely a technical design and aesthetic comparison.

Would a pair of Batman Chones come with the Lambo?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm not sure I said all those things but I guess I do feel most all modern cars lack soul but thats just a reflection of the world we live in today. I certainly think its worth a premium. I don't know about some of the wild predictions but who knows. Its always going to be a top tier car no doubt.

Come on man. On F-chat you've called the GT "soulless," a "grand touring porker," a "3500 lb understeering pig," a "portly grand touring car," a "wonderful car for that older refined gentleman who wants to take the wifey out to dinner in comfort" (i.e a car for old pussies), a "poser car" that have a "donk pickup truck look to them," running a "pickup truck rear bumper" and a "dry sump Triton F150 engine" etc etc. And all that was just from one page! Besides that, you're very complementary to it. :lol

There is absolutely no way in hell I would trade my GT for the Veneno, and I'd venture the majority of this site wouldn't either. There is no aesthetic comparison.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Would a pair of Batman Chones come with the Lambo?
image.jpg

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I would have guessed Enter the Dragon.

f.gif

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I did not! I did say it was a wonderful car for that older refined gentleman who wants to take the wife out to dinner in comfort which it is! It's power everything that drives as smoothly as a Lexus. I have jabbed at the rear bumper that I think looks so much better gone. Show me a thread, not I would ever go on that site, where I ever used the terms poser, understeering, pig, donk, porker, or triton engine? Now you're just pouring on. I like the FGT. I love them when done a certain way. I think Ed's(Sims) FGT is one of the nastiest cars on the planet.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I've learned to glaze over Luke's posts when reading threads.....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Those are exact quotes!

"I think stock out of the box they are soulless."

" Do you really think that grand touring porker is a track car?"

"A set of tires and shocks and you think a 3500lb understeering pig with power windows, door locks, and giant sub woofer woohoo is going to hang with a real race car? I can tell you who is deluding themselves."

"See, what you're driving is a portly grand touring car."

"A Ford GT is not a La Ferrari and probably would get beat by a new Camaro..."

"You guys need to get out more if you think the GT is on top. Nice yes, but pedestrian."

"it has something the FGT doesn't... soul"

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/american-muscle/418972-ford-gt-crushes-ferrari-resale-value-4.html

My point in bringing this up is not to prove you've dogged the GT quite a bit (as you've damned it with exceedingly faint praise here a number of times anyways). The point is that a number of us have an opinion that the Veneno is a poorly executed "design" (especially based on a rear end that would probably get you a D+ at CCS or Art Center) and somehow this makes us jealous, envious haters, while you've repeatedly criticized the GT as a fat, soulless, pedestrian old man's car and that's just an opinion. It's silly!