Lamborghini Veneno

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Ok you win. You should bring along the context as I'm sure there was some back and forth before those statements were made. I like the Veneno, most of you don't. Okay…

Thanks Chris. No matter brother I still appreciate the CD you sent me a few years back.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm not trying to win anything. :lol

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
:lol

f.gif

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Those are exact quotes!

"I think stock out of the box they are soulless."

" Do you really think that grand touring porker is a track car?"

"A set of tires and shocks and you think a 3500lb understeering pig with power windows, door locks, and giant sub woofer woohoo is going to hang with a real race car? I can tell you who is deluding themselves."

"See, what you're driving is a portly grand touring car."

"A Ford GT is not a La Ferrari and probably would get beat by a new Camaro..."

"You guys need to get out more if you think the GT is on top. Nice yes, but pedestrian."

"it has something the FGT doesn't... soul"

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/american-muscle/418972-ford-gt-crushes-ferrari-resale-value-4.html

Damn the Internet Stenographer. He should have made corrections on the errata sheet.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn...break time.

Sooooooo, who's going to win the Super Bowl?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Sooooooo, who's going to win the Super Bowl?

In 2004, the Ford GT was the clear winner! :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Still is IMHO...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
'Still is IMHO...
Why would anyone sell a winner? :confused

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Not sure why but folks do it all the time w/ all kinds of assets.

Sell the winners, take "some" profits. Keep the losers, avoid "real" losses.

Human nature I guess. Painful to watch, even more painful to experience.

And just to weigh in, that Veneno is fugly. Rare but still fugly.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Why would anyone sell a winner? :confused

'Problem is you don't know thee reason behind my doing so, Clinton. If you did, AND you also knew a bit of the personal/family 'history' behind what prompted it, you wouldn't question my decision...at all...period.

Wuv you anyway, 'ICE. :wink

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
'Problem is you don't know thee reason behind my doing so, Clinton. If you did, AND you also knew a bit of the personal/family 'history' behind what prompted it, you wouldn't question my decision...at all...period.

Wuv you anyway, 'ICE. :wink

I would never question your judgement, only that your statements seem inconsistent with your actions.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I would never question your judgement, only that your statements seem inconsistent with your actions.

Yeeeeeup, I know they are. 'Changes nothing though... :wink

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
All I am saying is I never got this vibe from my FGT open long tube headers or not

Doesn't mean I don't like the FGT... I do

[video=youtube;YYDQRHreLbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYDQRHreLbM[/video]

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
All I am saying is I never got this vibe from my FGT open long tube headers or not

Doesn't mean I don't like the FGT... I do

If you want to drive a car that vibrates your guts, that you have to drive (and not just steer), shift for real, with a clutch that you have to REALLY PUSH, and brakes that if you really want to go from 100-0 have to push with both feet, you need either a Cobra or a GT40. Original or replica, it doesn't matter. Either is a "man's car".

I loved my Cobra, and when I sell the GT, I'm going to be very interested in a Cobra again. I've drooled over the new 289 Shelbys but I'm almost positive I can get the same experience from a SPF. Kirkham's are nice but you can get a Shelby for only another 10K more, and after a year, the Shelby will have higher resale value.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Kirkham's are nice but you can get a Shelby for only another 10K more,

I'd like to see one of those deals. I paid $78k for my Kirkham a couple years ago. Shelbys were $120k+.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd like to see one of those deals. I paid $78k for my Kirkham a couple years ago. Shelbys were $120k+.

When I priced mine they were within about 3K of each other for identically configured cars. That was in 2006. Shelby has gone up but the Kirkhams have stated they will have a price increase too. Compare alloy cars, no fair comparing a glass Shelby with a alloy Kirkham.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
When I priced mine they were within about 3K of each other for identically configured cars. That was in 2006. Shelby has gone up but the Kirkhams have stated they will have a price increase too. Compare alloy cars, no fair comparing a glass Shelby with a alloy Kirkham.

There is about a $25k+ price difference between a Kirkham and a fiberglass Shelby now.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There is about a $25k+ price difference between a Kirkham and a fiberglass Shelby now.

So be it. Back then, they were literally equal.

Oh, did you paint your Kirkham or unpaint the Shelby (yes, they will)? Remember, equal cars...

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I bought my Kirkham fully intending to paint it black, that is until I saw it roll out of the back of the delivery truck in all its reflective glory. lol