Lamborghini Veneno

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Do you guys also feel the Zonda R is hideous? Maybe envious is a better word?

3-4-retro-basso-6.jpg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I don't like the rear of that Zonda either, but wouldn't kick it out of my garage if it was given to me.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Not hideous. Except for the tacked on ill-fitting diffuser. That doo-wop hairpiece is pretty bad too. The wing is a wing like any other. Doesn't look good, but take it off and it looks worse. All in all, not hideous, but fugly.

Don't let the extreme Photoshop influence your decision.

Last edited:

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Photoshop? Maybe it's your 3d glasses :)

pagani-zonda-r-at-monza_3.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
That's a great pic.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ok, I'll play. The Zonda R is a nice looking car, including the back. It looks like a number of race cars I can think of. Very purposeful.

You don't seriously consider the Zonda R to be in the same aesthetic universe as the Veneno, do you?

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Clearly, no one is changing anyone else's mind but I think it is telling to listen to a group of FGT owners bag on another super car that frankly is on an entirely different level. Seems like hate to me. It's not as if I will ever have the first world problem of deciding whether I should purchase a Veneno or not but if I did, I would not. The squared off wheel arches do not work for me. That does make the car hideous no more than it makes a FGT hideous for the pickup truck rear bumper it possesses. All I can say is I'm glad Laborghini still exists and is willing to build unapologetic suoercars giving the world that now seems bent on crowning conformity and political correctness, a big FU middle finger! I would think that FGT owners would appreciate that given the car they treasure is probably that last true American car built without compromises but nope… tribalism reigns supreme short sited as it is.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Ok, I'll play. The Zonda R is a nice looking car, including the back. It looks like a number of race cars I can think of. Very purposeful.

You don't seriously consider the Zonda R to be in the same aesthetic universe as the Veneno, do you?

Yes, I sure do. It's outrageous and extreme. Many people spent hours designing each so that the unwashed masses could critique and call them hideous!

lamborghini_veneno___2014_by_its_hazardous-d6qxkh2.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yawn. Glass houses Luke. You've been wandering around the Internet explaining how the GT is lame and for old men and not special just about everywhere but here since you sold yours. "Seems like hate to me."

But the near-unanimous opinion that the veneno has a terribly ugly rear end is somehow the indicator of envy and jealousy? :lol

Aesthetics are not subject to price or rarity. Veneno could be $100 billion and 1 of 1 and it would still be a mess.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yes, I sure do.

Ok. Just checking.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I'm not sure debating with the admin/site owner is in my best interest but I don't think I've ever called the FGT anything remotely close to hideous on any forum.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Do you guys also feel the Zonda R is hideous?

Truth be told, there's never been a Pagani that I've actually liked the looks of. ('Not a grammatically correct stmt, but, what the hey...)

Wuv U none the less, Mikey!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I guess your right Luke. I should trust your judgment when you assert it's unfair to call the Veneno hideous.

08-28-2013, 12:51 AM
Luke Warmwater
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

I'm just thinking right now for the near term of a couple three years. If things are as they seem then a conservative rate of return should yield as well if not better than the market would? On the other hand I think it was Buffet who said the time to sell was when everyone else was getting in. It will all be interesting to watch and I would be lying if I said anything other than I wish I would have hung on to mine another 18 months. Perfect no stripe red beauty with 5k miles. I babied it to no ends. Financial implications aside, I still find the GT40 to be a much more fulfilling car to own. It may never reach the uber collectable status that the FGT "may" reach but it has something the FGT doesn't... soul

Reactions: ByeEnzo

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Looks like it's time to bow out of this thread lol. While I would enjoy discussing the merits of the modern car design with you all as well as old threads plucked off that other site that I will not mention or ever visit again, I'm sure that retorts would quickly descend into personal attack and I would be labeled a trouble maker and summarily banned. No thanks...

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I Agree with DBK. My all time favorite car has always been a Miura. I had toys of it and the GT40 and the Porsche when I used to play with my older brother and I always chose teh Miura. The best looking car ever. This was mainly when I saw the Proto type FGT in 2004, I fell in love with it. As for all the Batmobiles yes they are exotic and some very cool but really in 30-40 years the Miura will still rule over all. I can imagine 40 years from now you would look at a veneno and say wow what a beauty!!!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I would think that FGT owners would appreciate that given the car they treasure is probably that last true American car built without compromises but nope… tribalism reigns supreme short sited as it is.

I think it's curious that you have your conclusion already set up when you ask your question. You seem to ask for opinions, but all you're really doing is waiting to make your pre-conceived point.

I surely appreciate the Zonda for its capability, but not for its appearance. Therefore, opinion is hate and...tribalism? Really? You mean like the F-car forum? lol.

Let's compare the GT rear end (with bumper) to the Veneno...no...never mind...I don't want to see the Veneno again.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
What is my pre-conceived point?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
That we are unwashed massed, tribalist, pick-up truck bumper loving, unappreciative, conformist, haters.

And having an opinion apparently proves all that.

Last edited:

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
The irony of someone bashing Lamborghini while wearing red and blue 3D glasses :lol

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
If the Veneno was $200-$225k, and they built around 4000 units, Many on this forum would buy one. Do I like it ? Hell yes ! It's a bass ass -in your face- looking car.
Imagine how good it would look sitting right next to a FGT.