Heffner Performance & Cool Tech LLC

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I think the friendship between Jason and I was finally consummated when he offered me the co-pilot seat during the autocross event out at El Toro air base a few years back. He said something about going out and havin’ some fun and see what the car would do. Giddy-up! However, he forgot to mention that we were going to tear up the course in his POS rental Pontiac Gran Prix. I can’t tell you how hard we were laughing by the second turn. It was if there was just no linkage between the steering wheel and the front tires. Go like hell down the straight, hit the brakes (what brakes?), turn the steering wheel and then watch the cones in front of you go, uh, directly underneath you. Mr. Toad’s wild ride, although I think the Mr. Toad ride may have better cornering capability.

Anyway, over the years, Jason has installed a boatload of our transaxle coolers on his project cars and it always gave us the occasion to chat about one thing or another – I guess mostly about the latest topics on the forum. Jason had asked several times if we would have an interest to install his GT TT kits over here on the Left coast. I’d always maintained an interest and we both knew that as the TT virus spread, the Left coast guys could not remain immune. We’ve done a few dozen pulley upgrades, too many RBD to list, and quite a few Whipples…. and we were ready (and anxious!) when the first TT inquiries started.

I’m very happy to say that Terry and Monica have entrusted us with their beautiful red, formerly 4.0L Whipple car and we are in the midst of a Heffner TT install. We’ve taken the money :eek from another forum member and so we have a second install in the queue. We couldn’t be happier to work with Jason and his fine team at Heffner Performance. The quality of the delivered components is just stunning. The headers and turbo up pipe are just friggen’ works of art.

Here’s a few pics of how the car sits as of this afternoon. At the same time, we are doing a Rear Bumper Delete (RBD), Halon, Short Shifter, etc. In the pics, the RBD frame rails are not yet installed and the turbos are just trial fitted. I’ll post some more pics here as the install continues.

Thanks Jason, Terry, Monica & Tom for giving us the opportunity. Your car(s) are in good hands and I know that the results are going to be spectacular!

If anyone else closer to California than Florida catches this nasty virus, give us a call as I think we may have the anecdote.

Attachments

• HeadersClose.JPG
    HeadersClose.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 693
  • Headers.JPG
    Headers.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 686
  • TTonCar.JPG
    TTonCar.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 687

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Snoopy.gif

I am so excited! I loved my 4.0 Whipple, but always wanted to do this. Sure makes it nice to have people able to make it happen like Kendall and Jason... I can't wait!

Attachments

• smilie_thud.gif
    smilie_thud.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 655
  • jawdrop.gif
    jawdrop.gif
    845 bytes · Views: 640
  • sm_excited.gif
    sm_excited.gif
    760 bytes · Views: 640

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Kendall, congrats on your first TT install! And to you, too, Apollo.

I just signed up for Rally V so can you put me down for a massive amount of work in mid-September? It'll be two years since you've last had your hands on my gal (doesn't sound quite right) and she not only needs some massive TLC but also has to catch up on all of the cool mods from Kip and company. I might just have to do the TT as well.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Your car will be well taken care of by Kendal !! Can't wait to see the final results !! :thumbsup

Kendall, congrats on your first TT install! And to you, too, Apollo.

I just signed up for Rally V so can you put me down for a massive amount of work in mid-September? It'll be two years since you've last had your hands on my gal (doesn't sound quite right) and she not only needs some massive TLC but also has to catch up on all of the cool mods from Kip and company. I might just have to do the TT as well.

Hey Buddy !! Great to hear you are coming !! :thumbsup

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
When the mile bug hits you, the #1 prescription is a TT!

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Best of luck with the install. Can't wait to see how a TT looks in a Tungsten as well. :wink :lol :cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I believe it is a virus.

Life begins at 220 MPH. In this energy starved era, let's all set our cars up so they burn 2 gallons of gas a minute at full throttle!! :banana :banana :banana

Chip

Attachments

• 22 TM.jpg
    22 TM.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 612

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Congrats Kendall!
I am sure your install will be on par with Jason's amazing hardware.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Congrats guys. Sky, I can't wait to go for a ride in your thrill machine once Kendall gets it done for you!!! Thanks for the offer for Vegas. What a riot that was this weekend. Next time for sure we'll time it out at the same time as you!!!

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
View attachment 15867

I am so excited! I loved my 4.0 Whipple, but always wanted to do this. Sure makes it nice to have people able to make it happen like Kendall and Jason... I can't wait!

Apollo,

I am glad to see your install in moving along, it looks great. Soon the effects of FGT withdrawal will be erased. May your Whipple's next life be as fruitful as the first. Now if I can just find the time to put it on...

Chris

H

HHGT

:huge:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Congrats guys. Sky, I can't wait to go for a ride in your thrill machine once Kendall gets it done for you!!! Thanks for the offer for Vegas. What a riot that was this weekend. Next time for sure we'll time it out at the same time as you!!!

Amazing how fast time flys in Vegas. I swear it is like time moves at 4x normal speed there!! Glad you had a great time and hope to see you out there soon. :cheers

Did you get to do the SkyJump?? :eek :willy

Next time your in Cali we will be rockin TT!! :banana:thumbsup :banana

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
Congrats Kendall, you are an obvious choice to be the West Coast TT go to man.
Gary T,.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Life begins at 220 MPH. In this energy starved era, let's all set our cars up so they burn 2 gallons of gas a minute at full throttle!! :banana :banana :banana

Chip

NICE PIC! Looking forward to one in Red!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Best of luck with the install. Can't wait to see how a TT looks in a Tungsten as well. :wink :lol :cheers

Mojave is going to be fun... looking to shoot down a big red bowtie!:thumbsup

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Apollo,

I am glad to see your install in moving along, it looks great. Soon the effects of FGT withdrawal will be erased. May your Whipple's next life be as fruitful as the first. Now if I can just find the time to put it on...

Chris

Chris, you are going to love that Whipple once you get it on. I feel a bit crazy for doing this because the car worked so well with that combo - I can't wait to see your gal dressed up!:cheers

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Terry I don't even think I will recognize your car the next time I see it. :eek :thumbsup

Two things, one....your install can't get done fast enough. :lol

Second, September can't get here SOON ENOUGH!!! :biggrin :rofl

Hope you and Monica are having a great summer and I will see you in the desert.....hopefully with better weather than last time. :cheers

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Congrats guys!!!! That is great!! Keep the picture updates coming please :banana

hmmmmmmm red twin turbo :cheers

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Thank you, Kendall. It has really been great to work together over the years and I am very happy to see the installation going so well. The West Coast guys are very fortunate to have you out there as it is not always easy to find someone as capable and passionate about GT's as you are. I can't wait to hear from you as well as the lucky owners when the cars are on the road. Keep the pics coming and keep up the great work.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Sky,

And tail wind!!!!

GTED

Terry I don't even think I will recognize your car the next time I see it. :eek :thumbsup

Two things, one....your install can't get done fast enough. :lol

Second, September can't get here SOON ENOUGH!!! :biggrin :rofl

Hope you and Monica are having a great summer and I will see you in the desert.....hopefully with better weather than last time. :cheers