Heffner Performance & Cool Tech LLC

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Got the exhaust today from Jason, and put it on. The exhaust secures and aligns the turbos. You can see that wastegates are installed. All plumbing to the turbos is done. A couple of things now to do up top and we'll fire this bad boy up.

Exhaust_Small.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
the car looks amazing, great craftsmanship and the tt kit from jason speaks for itself. it will be nice to see the car run at the next mile event. congrats!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I'm getting old. I have the annual Sports Illustrated wall calendar hanging nearby.... but I just can't tear my eyes from the ass of this GT! Forget the RBD kit, Terry, I think we should leave it like this!

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
I'm ALMOST as old as Kendall.... and even with the TWO Sports Ill calendar's hanging in the Cooltech shop ( one thankfully left on the default Brooklyn Decker page ).... I couldn't keep my eyes off the rear end of this car either.... the welds and fitment of everything is UNREAL !! Can't wait to hear it run !

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
:tap::tap::tap::tap:

I am getting tired of waiting for my turn Terry!! :bored

:lol :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Looking good. Can't wait to see Terry and Monica put it in action.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Terry must have gone to bed early as I tried to call him..... the penalty is that The Forum will know before Terry that we fired the red beast up for the first time with the new snails. Not sure the neighbors really enjoyed it, but we sure did!!! Gonna have to see if we put oil and water in it as we sure didn't see anything leaking!

Jason, hat's off to you again for such a wonderful kit. I've gotta finish up the wiring on the 8-channel data logger and we'll be ready tomorrow to see if the transmission still works too !

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Turning the key and pressing the button to fire that baby up just had to have been too cool!! :thumbsup

I can't wait to experience that for myself. :banana :cheers :banana

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Turning the key and pressing the button to fire that baby up just had to have been too cool!!

Hearing her rumble back to life after spending several weeks in the shop as we got all of the parts together, was indeed special! Of course the belated, "all systems go!" was preceded by the obligatory oil priming sequence which itself was a chance to make a last look at oil lines, fittings, etc. Finally, all was good and the green light was given!! I swear, by the eagerness to start, you can tell that they miss running!!

Next steps are to complete some wiring (mostly unrelated to the TT kit) and housekeeping details and then to fit/modify the pan for the down tubes and a final step to cut the down tubes to eliminate their visibility from the rear of the car.

Again, thanks to Jason for the quality kit. We have no drips, leaks, etc. - nada!

You are next up, TOM!!!!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Tom, you are not going to believe it!:biggrin:thumbsup:biggrin:thumbsup I went to see the car run today. The workmanship is incredible. It sounds almost too good!:biggrin:thumbsup I/We are very lucky to have Kendall so close.:biggrin Can you tell I am happy!!!! You are going to be all smiles too!
:cheers

:tap::tap::tap::tap:

I am getting tired of waiting for my turn Terry!! :bored

:lol :cheers

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Glad to hear you are HAPPY!! :lol :banana

Heading to my Vegas home tomorrow and Summer and I will drink a toast to the successful completion of yours and the beginning of mine. I know how lucky we are to have Kendall and he is the only one who has touched my car since I purchased it. This is going to be a grand adventure!!

That said ever since Kendall mentioned a "third" kit waiting to be installed it has totally been gnawing at my mind. WHO IS IT....and will they be joining us in Mojave??? Will we be able to revisit the 60's and create our own 1-2-3 finish at the Mile??? I know I know, wishful thinking, but it is going to be fun to let those horses run free!! :thumbsup

Can't wait to hear how your first drive is!! :cheers

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
We got Terry's car pretty well buttoned up and took it for a spin late last night (well, not literally, Terry, relax). Those of you that know/work with me know that we seldom will drive a car unless the customer insists on it for final shakedown or checking on some anomaly. The first drive in a baseline set-up TT - pretty much up somes up the reason why we don't drive customer's cars. Simply stated, in most cases there's just no need. Out of the box tune from Heffner and this thing just drove like OEM. I didn't expect ANYTHING different, but I want Terry to be quite happy with the whole install.

This morning we woke up and got a quick picture before loading her up for a short ride over to the dyno.

AtRest.jpg

Basically, we have worked out a deal with a local dyno shop to use their dyno and equipment when we need to. I have been looking for a long time to find some really good equipment and people that we could work with. Anyone wanting to dyno their car - let me know as we now have the ability to do this with really top equipment and a good environment.

Here's a pic of our test subject for today with all of the datalogging equipment attached.

Instrumented.jpg

We made a baseline pull to a modest 5K RPM to establish the correct operation of the wastegates and the various vacuum plumbing of the install. Keep in mind that ambiant air temperature was 104 degrees!

Once satisfied with the baseline and all of the collected data, we wanted to introduce the boost controller to the equation and simultaneously decided to run her up to 6K as long as 5 sets of eyes saw continuously good A/F ratios. (Jason, really, we never had doubts!)

With a second run under our belts and remembering a conversation I had with Jason on Friday evening where he told me exactly how many uranium pellets to drop in, we proceeded to our third run. Here's a pic of me explaining to Terry the exact location of the uranium pellets...

WhatsThis.jpg

OK, with everything a "GO", we let her fly...... aiming for a 6400 RPM run and ready to abort if A/F's were anything but flat.

Here's a video of the last run of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5x7PcoDuaM

OK, and here's the final dyno chart. Remember, 104 degrees ambiant air temp at test time. Car running Heffner TT 91octane tune - although car is filled with 100 octane for testing.

AsTuned.jpg

We've dialed her back a bit for Terry's everyday driving but I think that when the next mile comes up, this thing is going to be a BEAST!

Last edited:

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
So Kendall sends me a text this morning... " dyno 11am " .... I'm so there.. I actually beat them there ! First thing that's very apparent when Terry's car is unloaded out of the Cooltech trailer..the exhaust note is VERY unique ! I've heard a bunch of GT's with just about every type of exhaust...but the TT sounds wicked just firing up. Kendall posted details... so I'll just comment on how BLOWN away I was by every part of the dyno experience today. I'm no novice to dyno runs...having witnessed everything from total meltdowns, to 7/11 runs for bags of ice to pack everywhere. It basically went like this ( and keep in mind it was EASILY 100 degrees in the dyno room ).. drive car on dyno, strap in , attach all data log equipment, do a warm up run ( 600 HP on 10 lbs boost at only 5K RPM's !! ).... carefully inspect all values and A/F ratio etc.. then, after cranking up the secret control knob, do a relaxed pull to 6500 rpm and watch the readout... 920 HP !!!! On the conservative 91 octane tune no less !! Car ran PERFECT...no leaks, drips, vacuum leaks, strange noise... nothing... fired right back up instantly and idled like OEM back into the trailer... UNREAL !!! Ryan Pond drove the car on the dyno... I've ridden shotgun with him in his personal ride, and he is NOT afraid of WOT... maybe his right foot is the secret ingredient.. LOL !!!! Congrats Kendall and Cooltech crew on a killer install...and thanks to Terry for letting me hang...

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Kendall, all this have done is make me ponder.... Should I ? Should I not ? I need a ride...Hook me UP !!!

Congrats on an awesome story...

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Should I ? Should I not ? I need a ride...Hook me UP !!!

LOL, Sam.... DON'T go for a ride until you have moved some furniture into the garage - where you will be staying after wifee discovers your addiction!

Seriously, I'm sure Terry wouldn't mind giving you a ride - but you have been warned! Also, Terry will be able to share his impressions (after we let him have the keys - which we haven't done yet!), since he is just coming from a well-tuned (thanks Torrie) Whipple 4.0. I say, well-tuned because Terry's car posted the fastest 1 mile speed in comparison to any other SC GT in the mile venues he entered. (It's all in the secret sauce here at Cool Tech and it has nothing to do with minor things like tunes we get from Torrie and Heffner :lol.)

I don't think I like Jason any more either... he's got me thinking too. The BASTARD!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
So Kendall sends me a text this morning... " dyno 11am " .... I'm so there.. I actually beat them there ! First thing that's very apparent when Terry's car is unloaded out of the Cooltech trailer..the exhaust note is VERY unique ! I've heard a bunch of GT's with just about every type of exhaust...but the TT sounds wicked just firing up. Kendall posted details... so I'll just comment on how BLOWN away I was by every part of the dyno experience today. I'm no novice to dyno runs...having witnessed everything from total meltdowns, to 7/11 runs for bags of ice to pack everywhere. It basically went like this ( and keep in mind it was EASILY 100 degrees in the dyno room ).. drive car on dyno, strap in , attach all data log equipment, do a warm up run ( 600 HP on 10 lbs boost at only 5K RPM's !! ).... carefully inspect all values and A/F ratio etc.. then, after cranking up the secret control knob, do a relaxed pull to 6500 rpm and watch the readout... 920 HP !!!! On the conservative 91 octane tune no less !! Car ran PERFECT...no leaks, drips, vacuum leaks, strange noise... nothing... fired right back up instantly and idled like OEM back into the trailer... UNREAL !!! Ryan Pond drove the car on the dyno... I've ridden shotgun with him in his personal ride, and he is NOT afraid of WOT... maybe his right foot is the secret ingredient.. LOL !!!! Congrats Kendall and Cooltech crew on a killer install...and thanks to Terry for letting me hang...

It was great to have you there T, and I think the way you described it was exactly how I felt. I still have to keep pinching and remind myself that was my car... I am amazed how careful and meticulous everyone was and I think that made me feel very comfortable. The way the car ran and sounded... :eek Wow!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think I like Jason any more either... he's got me thinking too. The BASTARD!

Kendall, Jason should be paying you a finders fee, because reading your write up on this is making me want a set of snails too............. Hmmm, another trip to California WOULD be a hella lot of fun!!!!! :banana

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Great posts and thanks for all the pics and updates!! :thumbsup

All I have learned since I bought this car is not to say what I won't do to it because everything I have said I would never do to the car I have ended up doing. :frown :willy :biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Woohoo nice numbers !

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Woohoo nice numbers !

Thanks Torrie. It is still just so simply amazing how much HP these cars can put down.... and then just drive as normal and docile as a Camry around town. AMAZING engineering!