GT assembly line build books

H

HHGT

I could do like the C2 Big Block guys and make some fake build books to increase the value of my Red GT

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
As I keep an accurate log of every road and mileage each day the car is driven, along with all other pertinent work performed while stationary, the build book would be a nice addition to this superfluous information - however, if I don't have it or know what's in it, it's really not a loss. If I had it, and lost it, that would be much more disappointing.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
thx DBK. The info looks pretty neat. cool to have for the car.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Thanks Dave, for sure, the books are not make or break, but you know some of us geeks, just like the cool original stuff. Fingers crossed, but not holding mr breath. Thanks!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
DBK ,
Sign me up for one..

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Yeah DBK, I'll take one as well!

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
:rofl:lol:rofl Ask and ye shall receive? :biggrin

Then again, with a 0.1% chance (being the difference from 99.9%), maybe we should ALL be putting in our orders now? :thumbsup

Sorry Dave, couldn't resist. :wink

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
I wouldn't get too fired up over the build books. I have mine and it's never going to be anything other than something to say "cool" and then file away. Nice to have, not something I'd be bummed to be missing. I just can't envision that saying my "rear LH axle shaft nut assy was originally torqued to 405 nm" will make the car worth more. I probably gave a couple dozen of them out before SSV closed because they were pretty relaxed about giving them up. The odds of FMC giving them up remains near nil. I'll do my annual pitch sometime next week, but I'd say there's a 99.9% chance the position on giving them up remains unchanged.

Sooo yoooou'rrre saying I have a cccchance??? (think jim carey from dumb and dumber)
If they don't have a use for them, I'd like to put in a word to get '06 #1520. Better to have with the car than in storage somewhere.
Thanks
Dan

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I'd love to add my build book to my Heritage if they were ever to be made available again.

Keep asking Dave! Appreciate your efforts.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I'd love to add my build book to my Heritage if they were ever to be made available again.

Keep asking Dave! Appreciate your efforts.

+1 - Ed

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I managed to get hold of the build book for my Vanquish. Turned out Stevie Wonder built it.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I managed to get hold of the build book for my Vanquish. Turned out Stevie Wonder built it.
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol funny he built my 92 xj40/xj6..:lol:lol:lol:lol:bored
.....YOUNG MAN I am going to pm you very soon for something big....get ready.....gtjoey1314:thumbsup

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Wow...facinating stuff.
Any recent progress in prying away these build books from Ford? I would love to have my car's build book.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Sadly, I am sure they are all long gone.
Had to be a Rally 1 for a chance...

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Or at the assembly line during the build.

BTW, they really are not all that interesting but I get why one might want one.

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Actually, I thought it was a quite interesting collection of detailed assembly instructions and car specific results.

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
I hope they are still around somewhere.