Rlhay2

Oct 21, 2014
Am I mistaken or did Richard say this car has a clear title? interesting JMO

Indeed, he did state it was a clean title, car. :shrug

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
Indeed, he did state it was a clean title, car. :shrug

I bought the car with a straight clean title from the original owner.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
frankly Im surprised with all the hate regarding this car, there are far worse rebuilt GT's out there, anyone remember the white orange car?, and that car was not even wrecked. When all said and done I wouldnt buy it. but I dont think its blasphemy to put it on air ride or changing anything else, for a while when i first got on this site people couldnt wait to see how someone would change and modify their car. if everyones concern is the frame well then it is completely documented and for everyone to see. much better to buy this than some other rebuild GT that you never know what happened to it or how it was put back together. I would value this car at about 200K which is what he has in it.

I suspect I know why keyvan hates the car; they did change it from red to black :)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
frankly Im surprised with all the hate regarding this car, there are far worse rebuilt GT's out there, anyone remember the white orange car?, and that car was not even wrecked. When all said and done I wouldnt buy it. but I dont think its blasphemy to put it on air ride or changing anything else, for a while when i first got on this site people couldnt wait to see how someone would change and modify their car. if everyones concern is the frame well then it is completely documented and for everyone to see. much better to buy this than some other rebuild GT that you never know what happened to it or how it was put back together. I would value this car at about 200K which is what he has in it.

I suspect I know why keyvan hates the car; they did change it from red to black :)

+1.

I'm curious what the cam change was. We've not heard anything here about that. People change cams in other engines have a little base to do it from, but the engine in the GT is not high volume so the tuners really don't have a lot of volume. The Monkeys are not in to engineering, so the cam had to be from a production car. What one???

I'm curious because the Roush engine from my Cobra - a Windsor based 351 bored/stroked to 427 had a cam from a 1985 engine. It sounded great at idle. You could feel it in your chest.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
+1.

I'm curious what the cam change was. We've not heard anything here about that. People change cams in other engines have a little base to do it from, but the engine in the GT is not high volume so the tuners really don't have a lot of volume. The Monkeys are not in to engineering, so the cam had to be from a production car. What one???

I'm curious because the Roush engine from my Cobra - a Windsor based 351 bored/stroked to 427 had a cam from a 1985 engine. It sounded great at idle. You could feel it in your chest.

people have been changing cams in ford gt's for a while now, I have a custom ground comp cam in mine with higher lift and duration, car picked up 80 hp of course mine is also fully built though; other people that i can think of off the top of my head with different cams are mullet, peaks texas mile car, marks texas mile car, Ed sims, the crazy guy in florida and im sure there are many others....

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I have a custom ground comp cam in mine with higher lift and duration, car picked up 80 hp

Wow, imagine if you had changed out all four! That's like 320 HP!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

:lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

OOOK Eric... :lol

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
OOOK Eric... :lol

Stop being so Roush.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Stop being so Roush.

being so Roush just might get me on the list for the new GT :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good ones boys.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Good ones boys.

it all makes sense now Frank, my name that is.... it only took 42 years

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas

Would that be enough hp to beat Mullet?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
For what this is, i.e. cruiser, car show queen, it's great. Probably helps that it's a no-stripe black which is probably my favorite paint scheme.

It's never going to see any track time. With the appreciation in value, 99% of the remaining, non-bagged, cars will never see the track either. Purists need to get over it. It's a wrecked car that got a new life, and personally, I like it.

[video=youtube;2w6Qcdc_aog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w6Qcdc_aog[/video]

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I love this thread!

Ed

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I'm glad the car was repaired to be enjoyed again as opposed to being parted out. It's not my thing, but someone will enjoy it and that's what counts. Might even show up at Rally 11, who knows?

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I can already hear the muffled pops from heads exploding when the first NGT gets wrecked/repaired.

Aluminum, carbon, and bags.. oh my!

Based on the video above, I'd drive the sh!t out of that car.

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
the Monkey car with 4000 some miles and original paint, was a fairly easy rebuild to bring it back to stock configuration, and save another one of the marque. The point we "purists" are making here is with the very limited production of the GT and the fact that is a piece of Ford history never to occur again, why heavily modify and virtually ruin so rare a car? If they had made 100,000 of them so what, but this very special car deserves honor not horror

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Car looks great dropped but not with air ride bc how I'm sure it changes its high speed handling.

Speaking of purist...at this weekends Cars and Coffee, a guy with his F40 asked me , " why would you ever twin turbo your GT40"?

I wanted to say... Hmmmm. Your car is TT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
the Monkey car with 4000 some miles and original paint, was a fairly easy rebuild to bring it back to stock configuration, and save another one of the marque. The point we "purists" are making here is with the very limited production of the GT and the fact that is a piece of Ford history never to occur again, why heavily modify and virtually ruin so rare a car? If they had made 100,000 of them so what, but this very special car deserves honor not horror

Same can be said for a lot of 'questionable' mods that I've seen in numerous other cars. Have you been to a Rally? The GMGT is pretty tame compared to some of the Frankensteins that are on this forum. I don't mean that in a derogatory way, but just to highlight the fact that people are accepting of a lot more of fellow forum members.