Gas Monkey Ford GT

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
At least they picked the best color lol . Now people will think my car is that one.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
no one can claim there was no transparency in how damaged the car was and what was done to fix it ; for those who want to buy it.....

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
A car that was designed to win Le Mans is now designed to cruise the streets at night. Here's what it is made to do:

Ed

Attachments

• JR1N5597.jpg
    JR1N5597.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 10,861

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
yea they should have put parts on it to make it faster on the track not a low rider.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
It's "on" on Discovery Ch right now.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Painful to watch....

Lost me with color change

Hopefully in 2050 Ford Classiche Center will return to OEM

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Who tuned the car? How much does the cam swap make ?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Guess we should give them credit for saving a GT...

Richhill43

Apr 13, 2010
Johnson City, NY
That sounds believable; many people are busting down doors hoping to get frame damaged cars. I am not a purist as I have a Heffner modified GT but I don't see this being the money maker as you claim. I love the black non-stripe cars. The impact this car suffered to break that frame must have been extreme and I would be very nervous of latent damage. Throwing Richard's name or the GMG name on it may add some value now but in a few years he will be a forgotten sole.

not to spoil your assumptions or anything but i worked with richard for a year to get him the car he wanted....and he specifically asked for a car with frame damage for tv drama...so yes it was disclosed and yes he wanted a frame damage car. Thanks have a blessed weekend

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Next thing you know they'll put chevy engines in a 1932 Ford, then what?

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Next thing you know they'll put chevy engines in a 1932 Ford, then what?

That is a well known practice now.

I just want to see him go 240 mph like he said .

Again who tuned this car and who owned and wrecked it ? We know most owners .

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
Screenshot_2015-10-13-07-44-26.jpg
Who tuned the car? How much does the cam swap make ?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
It's a good thing air suspensions have never been known to fail at high speed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I didn't think it looked so bad. And like I said, there will be no mistaking this car for what it is. Unlike the Ferrari, which I think was misrepresented, this one stands out like a sore thumb. I wonder what auction it will show up at.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
HPP Motorsports did the tuning.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
What a hooptie. Can't believe I wasted an hour watching part 2. I love the part where RR threw some nondescript magazine at his two shop monkeys claiming a FGT had just sold for $550k. Perhaps a 0 mile, pristine Heritage. All made for TV pulp and showmanship.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Perhaps a 0 mile, pristine Heritage. All made for TV pulp and showmanship.

Yes it was, yes it is.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Car looks ok. I'd rock it down the freeway at 220+. ;)

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I must admit that the car looks good once it was done. BUT---------- not sure if many people know that have never repaired a GT but the front upper and lower knuckles where the front space frame attaches are actually held on to the cast aluminum structure with an adhesive. The design thinking was that in a front impact or front side impact, the knuckles would just break off the casting. What happens is that the adhesive used to hold the knuckles on was over designed and instead of breaking off, they usually break pieces off leaving the adhesive intact. This car must have taken a severe hit because there is actually pieces of the cast aluminum broken out and off behind the knuckles as well. It had to be a hard hit too to have to straighten the cast aluminum structure. Am I mistaken or did Richard say this car has a clear title? interesting JMO