Ford GT Rally XIII - Registration

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
As far as helmets. I found this vendor/ web page.
competitionmotorsport.com
They have a good page that talks about helmets and sizes and shapes. Which brands are better for certain shapes.
I haven't tried them yet, but since my current (old ) helmet is SA 2005, Ill give them a call and talk with them,, They have guys that will discuss what is best for your requirement. I'm sure they would like you to buy from them.. If they give me good advice, I'll probably purchase there, since they spent the time to get me the right helmet ( shape/size).
They also have a good selection of HANS devices..
Most places are fairly close in price, so if someone can help me with a fit, I'll give them my business.
My current helmet, while I like the paint/graphic, has a few hot spots because the shape is wrong for me.
My 1 cent. Looking forward to the track :)

Reactions: Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
For the track day at the private track there will be no requirements for seat, belt type or dates. One item that is dated for most events is helmet date. Your helmet needs to be SA2015 or newer, no motor cycle helmets. We are not going to be “Helmet Police” but it is for your own safety. Hope this helps just remember “This is not a race”.
I always like that cycle & auto helmets meet the same Snell crash requirements but the only difference is cycle helmets don't have a fire proof lining. At a open track we have no fire proof suit so our entire body will be consumed by fire but our heads will be fine! LOL!

Ed

Reactions: Nafod

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I always like that cycle & auto helmets meet the same Snell crash requirements but the only difference is cycle helmets don't have a fire proof lining. At a open track we have no fire proof suit so our entire body will be consumed by fire but our heads will be fine! LOL!

Ed

You will need to remember the experience 🤪😜🤓

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
What are you all providing in the way of address and contact names / numbers for delivery of your GT in Scottsdale? Mike of Reliable asked me that, and at this point not knowing what day the cars will arrive, I don't know if I'll actually be there when my car arrives.

How are you guys handling this?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll be there to receive cars. Mike has my number.

Reactions: Ed Sims and extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
OK, thanks a lot.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Just deliver to hotel. Whomever is there helps unload.

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Ed
I am pretty sure the SA helmets are also rated for multiple impacts. When I first started doing DE's I was hoping to use my motorcycle helmet - I didn't know at the time that I was going to like the track that much.

I need a new helmet anyway, mine is SA2010 and PCA won't let us use them. I got 10 good years of use out of it, and even was able to use it during charity karting events. It was a worthwhile investment. My wife and kids seem to think my head is pretty important - I think they are hoping that someday I will eventually use it. :)

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
+
I'll be there to receive cars. Mike has my number.

Dave for those trailering, will there be a place for trailers and tow rigs? Much appreciated. Thanks for making it all happen.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Maybe a tech sheet might be helpful.
Something similar to what the car clubs use for there track events

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Hmmm… I could dust off and shorten the tech inspection sheet I wrote for the Potomac Porsche Club years ago when I was a tech inspector for their driving events. If I can find it…

Reactions: roketman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We will have a tech sheet. You cannot get on the track without an armband and no armband without a signed tech sheet. Just like we did at Miller at the last Rally.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Hmmm… I could dust off and shorten the tech inspection sheet I wrote for the Potomac Porsche Club years ago when I was a tech inspector for their driving events. If I can find it…
Pete
I did the Summit point club race several times!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Yeah, I “grew up” (as a driver) at Summit Point. It was about 1 hour drive from my house. Lots of fun memories there.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
BTW - any thoughts on Covid-19 Delta vs the Rally? Lots of virus breeding time between now and then, and I think most people have not taken this seriously, and are not taking appropriate precautionary steps. Just something for possible consideration.

My only thought is that each individual will be responsible for determining their comfort level attending. I encourage everyone to take whatever it is they feel is the appropriate level of precaution. My suspicion is that given the average age of the attendees, virtually every single person in attendance will have been vaccinated. If you want to wear a mask, that's cool. If you don't want to wear a mask, that's cool too.

My agreement with the hotel is binding, and can only be postponed not canceled, so absent some state-level prohibition on the event, it will occur as scheduled.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yeah its happening.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave for those trailering, will there be a place for trailers and tow rigs? Much appreciated. Thanks for making it all happen.

Yes, there will be parking available for those bringing a trailer. I will send out a map with the parking areas as the event approaches.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Great video Andy!
I totally see DBK as the hammer man uh, err girl......

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Agree! Good one!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
That’s about how I feel!