Ford GT Forum 200 mph Club & Standing Mile Results

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
LOL...no, that speed would exceed the speed rating of the av-tires. They are only rated to 160 knots. :lol

So Chris, what you are really saying is that your Camilo/Heffner FGT is faster than your jet will ever be down an airport runway. :lol

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Do we get special props for doing it on pump gas? :biggrin

Last edited by a moderator:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
It wasn't easy, and required more than a mile, but at the Miami exotics event, my gal hit the 200mph mark. She is running a Gen II Whipple with Ford Racing/Borla exhaust and Bridgestones. No other mods of significance.

The Exotic Rally event was pretty chaotic to say the least. The airport outside Miami is a great location. The group organizing the event was not to be recommended. The weather was pretty warm, around 85 degrees with some wind. The best I could do in the standing mile was around 185-190mph. Generally speaking, I think my technique, or lack thereof, was a limiting factor. I suspect a better driver would have been good for another 10 + mph.

At the later part of the day, we were able to take a running start at the mile, maybe an additional few hundred yards, then I extended my run a little past the mile marker until she finally reached it. Cool stuff. Certainly a bit scary, yet the allure of the twin turbos grows. Makes me doubly appreciate the cajones Ray has for going 266mph.

Last edited:

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Congrats...it was great to see you at the event. I got so pumped up watching..I beat the snot out of my Rossion Q1 on the back strip and exit roads. Man..she sticks like a go kart !
congrats ..again!:thumbsup

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Congrats...it was great to see you at the event. I got so pumped up watching..I beat the snot out of my Rossion Q1 on the back strip and exit roads. Man..she sticks like a go kart !
congrats ..again!:thumbsup

Yes she does !

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Torrie telling me to "stop being a wus", and shift at red-line, or just above, helped my last time.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Torrie telling me to "stop being a wus", and shift at red-line, or just above, helped my last time.

hahahahaaaa that totally made my day Mitchell. Nothing wrong with a tad bit of friendly encouragement.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
The advice was much appreciated. The drive home last night to NE Florida was rough, pouring rain and lightening. Lucky you waited to drive home.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
The advice was much appreciated. The drive home last night to NE Florida was rough, pouring rain and lightening. Lucky you waited to drive home.

Man I am still waiting. Its been pouring here waiting for that to pass and dry up some so I can go home.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Is there going to be a 250MPH club? :biggrin

Toolman

Mar 30, 2008
Does the run have to be in a Ford GT?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Why would you want a decal on your Supra or whatever that said "Ford GT Forum 200 MPH Club"?

Speaking of which, where are those decals?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
WOOT!!! I hit 323 today at Race the Base. That's kilometers/hour, but it is over 200 MPH (200.7mph to be exact). :banana:banana:banana

Race the Base event at Cold Lake, Alberta, August 28, 2010

So, I was talking with one of the Race the Base instructors this evening and it turns out that the speed gun post was 2,000ft PRIOR TO the Lift Off marker, and so all the cars were clocked slower than they really ran. At the lift off markers, my RPM's were just over 6400 in 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Uhhhh.......I think I might have made it this past weekend. :biggrin

Wow......driving that fast is just too much fun. Whatever shows up eventually whether it be decal or t-shirt would be cool, but what would be really awesome would be a race patch for our fire suits that says Ford GT 200mph club. That would rock. :cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Does the run have to be in a Ford GT?

Clues.

Ford GT Forum

Topic: ' Ford GT Forum 200 mph Club'.

I'd say, based on my impeccable skills of deduction, yes.

:)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Okay, with the winter lull I'm FINALLY gonna get some shirts and other stuff made. Details coming soon.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
sweet

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Okay, with the winter lull I'm FINALLY gonna get some shirts and other stuff made. Details coming soon.

cool can you make a special one for me, that says "two miles faster than Mullet!" :)

Aug 25, 2006
cool can you make a special one for me, that says "two miles faster than Mullet!" :)

You are funny

I understand that the clock is still ticking as Mullet is preparing for the next event with even greater expectations.

All the best

Shadowman

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
cool can you make a special one for me, that says "two miles faster than Mullet on one day only but still cannot top Mullet's 226.2" :)

fixed that for ya