Can anyone help me with placing a deposit?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
IMVHO, You wont have to worry about dealers. There will be a VERY small handful of "selected" dealers, willing to upgrade their facilities and schooled in Carbon Fibre repair and all the rest.
Like an ASTON dealer while producing the 077, or Jaguar producing the XJ220, You will be FITTED to the car and depending on race version or street all other options will be personally added.
ITS A CUSTOM SUIT.
Ive heard 2 financing options so far.
1. $250,000 deposit after the above fitting, the rest at delivery.
2. Total payment down held in Escrow, between $550,000 to 1 million
This is what Aston , Jag and Mercedes has done in the past, This is what I have heard.
Remember this is a LA FERRARI CHALLANGER, not a 360/430 beater like the old FORD GT for $150,000 base sticker.
The La Ferrari is in the $1.3 million range.
So in that world its a bargain?
If you are 6 foot or 200 lbs, You must call Jeff Larson to drive it for you. You will not fit, this is a race car first, street car second.
The concept seats are AVANTADOR seats cut 1 1/2 inches on the side to fit side by side. There is only 3 inches between the 2 seats. If you have driven a McLaren or Lambo, Its tighter than that.
Remember many, many owners will be ordering from the MIDDLE EAST, GERMANY , They are the big players and most will never register the cars.
This is a world car, the worst will be with dealing with the U.S. and all the regulations.
Im hearing the tub alone is $150,000 alone, remember 1,200 cars compared to 4,038 for the 05/06.
The above numbers make sense.
Well, we shall see. That's what Ive been told.
Good luck to all that dream of owning one, its the first step to getting the keys, or chip,or button.:thumbsup
GTJOEY1314

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
IMVHO, You wont have to worry about dealers. There will be a VERY small handful of "selected" dealers, willing to upgrade their facilities and schooled in Carbon Fibre repair and all the rest.
Like an ASTON dealer while producing the 077, or Jaguar producing the XJ220, You will be FITTED to the car and depending on race version or street all other options will be personally added.
ITS A CUSTOM SUIT.
This is what Aston , Jag and Mercedes has done in the past, This is what I have heard.
Remember this is a LA FERRARI CHALLANGER, not a 360/430 beater like the old FORD GT for $150,000 base sticker.
If you are 6 foot or 200 lbs, You must call Jeff Larson to drive it for you. You will not fit, this is a race car first, street car second.
The concept seats are AVANTADOR seats cut 1 1/2 inches on the side to fit side by side. There is only 3 inches between the 2 seats. If you have driven a McLaren or Lambo, Its tighter than that.
Remember many, many owners will be ordering from the MIDDLE EAST, GERMANY , They are the big players and most will never register the cars.
This is a world car, the worst will be with dealing with the U.S. and all the regulations.
Im hearing the tub alone is $150,000 alone, remember 1,200 cars compared to 4,038 for the 05/06.
The above numbers make sense.
Good luck to all that dream of owning one, its the first step to getting the keys, or chip,or button.:thumbsup
GTJOEY1314

But if the dealer info package is correct, the 400K is probably an upper limit, with reality sitting about 350K.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Whoever told you that completely and totally fabricated it. Like 100% made it up. :lol

GTjoey said:

Definitely not a LaFerrari challenger. The two priorities in the marketplace are Ferrari 458 Speciale and McLaren 650S. More so the former than the latter, as it is viewed as the superior driving experience. Raj stated it publicly, and he also mentioned Aventador, but that's more on the crazy looks than the driving experience. Aventador is a legitimate 4k lb car, so it's not comparable, but it does have the wow factor similar to GT and lacks all the crazy battery tech the LaFerrari, P1, 918 have.

If you are 6 foot or 200 lbs, You must call Jeff Larson to drive it for you. You will not fit

You will fit comfortably at 6 foot. It's definitely tighter than an 05/06, but 6 foot is fine. Visibility will definitely be worse the taller you are, but I know people taller than 6' that fit in the car. The seats are definitely compact within the greenhouse, so two, uh, robust individuals will be getting up close and personal.

While it is a global car, the production distribution between markets will be distinct so sales in Market A largely won't impact what happens in Market B.

GTJoey said:
GTJOEY1314

Tell em to stop yanking your chain bud!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Im squeaking by with the 6 foot but as 50 approaches the 200 lbs is tough. Maybe we can get a custom heritage blue girdle .......:biggrin
I mean this sincerely, I cannot see how this car could be under 500,000.
Im on both sides of this fence. Paddles, traction control , rides leveling, all carbon fiber.
Unless they are giving it away?
So we see, hey Its a real step out of the box....
Lets see.
P.S. You think your smart but My flip phone shows your number when you call, stop pulling my chain buddy I know its you.:lol
GTJOEY1314
Also can we get a prescriptive front windshield?:eek

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The seats are definitely compact within the greenhouse, so two, uh, robust individuals will be getting up close and personal.

OK, OK, the diet starts today!! Still gotta figure the money part......

On a serious note, while I appreciate Ford's intent to race this car - clearly they have a business case in mind to take it to the other actors (as you mentioned) on the street. I would hope that this is more visible to everyone. There's a tremendous (and growing) amount of wealth in the US as well as other markets. I don't think the business case is a huge stretch. To the contrary, I think that it is an attractive segment - not only for the marketeers but even for the CFO-types. There's a lot of headroom in the price that Ford can command and obtain - so no need to consider lower-than-optimum margins to move them. (By contrast, I don't think the NSX will have the same luxury in pricing headroom. There's a much more narrow bandwidth of acceptability/success hinged on nailing the price.)

Back to the new GT, all eyes are going to be on the performance capability - and there's clearly work to do to overcome any doubters on the V6 choice. I don't think these (V6) doubts could have been a surprise to anyone so my thinking is that Ford is confident in the aces up their sleeves. Based on the performance against peers, the GT can be in the $300K arena or even in the mid to high $400K. I guess what I am also saying is that the GT will be judged without prejudice in these supercar leagues. No need to have a bull or a prancing horse to gain entry to the club. Many credentials were established with the 05/06 GT.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Back to the new GT, all eyes are going to be on the performance capability - and there's clearly work to do to overcome any doubters on the V6 choice. I don't think these (V6) doubts could have been a surprise to anyone so my thinking is that Ford is confident in the aces up their sleeves. Based on the performance against peers, the GT can be in the $300K arena or even in the mid to high $400K. I guess what I am also saying is that the GT will be judged without prejudice in these supercar leagues. No need to have a bull or a prancing horse to gain entry to the club. Many credentials were established with the 05/06 GT.

I think the new GT in race form will shed a lot of weight and maybe even come in under the minimum (which gives them the opportunity to ballast for best handling). That said, they also have a technology advantage against the competition just simply with time. I predict the light weight and power realized from the EcoBoost race version, will perform in between the pack and the next step up with is the hybrid assisted La Ferrari and 918, etc. Ford isn't going to go to LeMans with a car that finishes in the middle of the pack.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I do believe you're wrong because I think as the cars get rarer and more costly, mileage matters less than condition. What's a 30,000 mile Enzo worth? I have no idea, but I guarantee it's a whole hell of a lot more than the original MSRP as long as it's been well cared for. If the car is desirable, and is viewed as having instant and long-term collectible status, owners will feel more free to use it. See: regular production Ferrari 3k mile broken-seal syndrome.

Dave, I think the car is absoutely fabulous!! I just think that history will determine what is done about this car. You know FAR more than we mere mortals about this car!! However, if it is as low of production and priced accordingly, the "average" Joe can't afford one and the people who can will park them and drive them a few hundred miles per year. I bet there is not an Enzo out there with 30k miles. I just think with the way the current low mileage cars are bringing premium prices, this car will not be "driven" but babied!! Money talks...BS walks. People are going to by this car....drive it sparringly knowing it will appreciate in value. I so hope I am wrong and we have people like Jeff with 50K plus miles on one. I doubt it.......anyone want to bet a case of beer (your choice)?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'm glad Dave was here to dispel that load of bs. I would have been really upset if I had gone on thinking Joey knew what he was talking about. I guess we will have to wait for big wigs to leak some more data.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Everybody thought the 2005-6 would be tucked away is special collections, never to be seen by sub 1%-ters. There are many GT with more than 30k miles, a handful with north of 100k. I can tell you that I am not saving anything for the next guy. When the taxman comes to get my stuff, it will be all but used up!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I can tell you that I am not saving anything for the next guy. When the taxman comes to get my stuff, it will be all but used up!

Me Too - You Can Bet On It !!:thumbsup

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
You will fit comfortably at 6 foot. It's definitely tighter than an 05/06, but 6 foot is fine. Visibility will definitely be worse the taller you are, but I know people taller than 6' that fit in the car. The seats are definitely compact within the greenhouse, so two, uh, robust individuals will be getting up close and personal.

Dave - you got my nervous if tight at over 6'.
You have to find a 6'4" 'dummy' to sit in the car for size, so I can find out if I can fit.
I may have to give up carbs for the next year !

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What dealer?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Never mind, I'll let DBK handle this.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I mean this sincerely, I cannot see how this car could be under 500,000.
Im on both sides of this fence. Paddles, traction control , rides leveling, all carbon fiber.
Unless they are giving it away?
So we see, hey Its a real step out of the box....
Lets see.

Ford magic.

I think the mention of 3 products in the competitive landscape was very specific. 458 Speciale for ultimate driving experience, 650S for certain overall performance metrics, and Aventador for wow factor and construction vs. price. You want to best Speciale behind the wheel and McLaren on the stat sheet. The Aventador really has nothing to do with vehicles in this category because it has a huge V12, poor driving dynamics, a physically massive body and a mega curb weight (and I still love it). However, it does have a carbon fiber monocoque and select CF body panels on it's wild exterior. The GT is CF everywhere and I think the Aventador is being mentioned as a benchmark for cost relative to construction.

Tupps11

Feb 26, 2009
Beirut/Lebanon
Considering Ford is a global company, with dealers in a regions...do you think dealers outside North America will get a shot at allocation of this car?

Im basically asking if its worth approaching our local dealers in the Middle East region, as some of them are our close friends.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Considering Ford is a global company, with dealers in a regions...do you think dealers outside North America will get a shot at allocation of this car?

Im basically asking if its worth approaching our local dealers in the Middle East region, as some of them are our close friends.

The car will be sold globally in markets that never got a shot at 05/06. Ford is cognizant of the fact that a number of GTs went to the Middle East, so I expect that a number will go there officially this time. Still, it's gonna be really difficult to come by and there is absolutely no hard answer on who gets them at this point.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...I bet there is not an Enzo out there with 30k miles. I just think with the way the current low mileage cars are bringing premium prices, this car will not be "driven" but babied!!...

A guy named Losee put 31,000 miles on his brand new Enzo when he bought it in 2006. He was like Jeff driving it all over the US. There are people out there that will put high miles on any car because they bought the car to drive it. Just as there are people out there who buy them to make money..

Ed

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The car will be sold globally in markets that never got a shot at 05/06. Ford is cognizant of the fact that a number of GTs went to the Middle East, so I expect that a number will go there officially this time. Still, it's gonna be really difficult to come by and there is absolutely no hard answer on who gets them at this point.

I also expect that means we'll see right hand drive versions for sale in countries that require it - e.g., Australia and New Zealand. They haven't said that yet but it would look cool. It will also add another variant of "1 of 1" since the volume, if produced at all, will be quite low.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Just got off the phone with a large Dallas area dealer. They were told yesterday that as a large dealer, they would get one vehicle, and then more beyond
that as part of a possible lottery system within the dealers. Very little info so far, no production numbers, etc. They were told that cars may start being delivered in Feb / March 2016.

They are unsure at this time on pricing and markup, and would probably do a names in the hat draw for vehicles they get.

Also put my name on the list at another large dealer, so while hopeful, not extremely optimistic on getting one.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just got off the phone with a large Dallas area dealer. They were told yesterday that as a large dealer, they would get one vehicle, and then more beyond
that as part of a possible lottery system within the dealers. Very little info so far, no production numbers, etc. They were told that cars may start being delivered in Feb / March 2016.

They are unsure at this time on pricing and markup, and would probably do a names in the hat draw for vehicles they get.

Also put my name on the list at another large dealer, so while hopeful, not extremely optimistic on getting one.

Dealer is either flat out lying or has been told that by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.