Can anyone help me with placing a deposit?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Secured the first allocation for my dealership today. Always wanted a GT but never bought one. Excited to join the club!

Oh yeah? How'd you manage that?

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
Working there goes a long way. Hoping we get more than one though. Ford rep said he'd have more information by next month hopefully.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Working there goes a long way. Hoping we get more than one though. Ford rep said he'd have more information by next month hopefully.

You're telling me a zone rep told you you were guaranteed a car? You should give me their name, because that's total bullshit.

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
DBK - has Ford Performance decided how they will sell cars - build to retail order or dealer orders on spec for sale?
Any info on build plans - will Ford outsource all manufacturing or will they do final assembly at a UAW facility as was the case with the 05-06 at Wixom?

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
You're telling me a zone rep told you you were guaranteed a car? You should give me their name, because that's total bullshit.

No no no, I'm assuming we will get a car, we're a decent sized dealership, I'm just saying that the folks in my dealership have ok'd me to take the first one. Nothing official from ford yet, our rep knows the same things we know, which is very little. He hopes to know more soon, like I said before.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
DBK - has Ford Performance decided how they will sell cars - build to retail order or dealer orders on spec for sale?
Any info on build plans - will Ford outsource all manufacturing or will they do final assembly at a UAW facility as was the case with the 05-06 at Wixom?

No info yet. I'd guess a mix of both as last time was. It is really, really up in the air how the allocation of these will be handled. Ford definitely learned some lessons from 04-06, so they will have to employ some serious creativity to find a satisfactory solution on an even lower volume, higher performance product.

TBD on the second one as well.

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
No info yet. I'd guess a mix of both as last time was. It is really, really up in the air how the allocation of these will be handled. Ford definitely learned some lessons from 04-06, so they will have to employ some serious creativity to find a satisfactory solution on an even lower volume, higher performance product.

TBD on the second one as well.

A lottery like Chevy does for the COPO Camaro with some sort of weighting favoring original 05 GT owners would be a creative solution.

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
DBK, is it official that this car will be a lower volume product than 05-06? Ive heard people saying things like 300-400 a year, but it seemed like complete conjecture. Is something like that what you expect or something closer to the volume from the 05 release?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It is a lower volume product and yes, they have said so publicly.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
1. Mark Fields clearly said tonight at the Black Tie Charity event at COBO hall when interviewed, that the NEW GT will be produced in Fewer total units than the 2005-2006 Ford GT. So less than 4000 Total over "X" years.
2. He also said his email and text messages are flowing in quickly... with a recent one from Tigers pitcher, Justin Verlander that 'he wants one".
3. So my friends, that will be the competition... some very deep pockets.
ajb (andy)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Did you go last night Andy?

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Would it not make sense to give us loyal original owners a "first crack" at purchasing a new GT (even better at MSRP). Ford is making the same on each car, it is the dealers who are making the huge markups if indeed there will be limited production. I can't compete with professional ball players who will probably sell the car in a few years!! It would be nice to sell directly to us and we choose a dealer!! We could go to one that has given us good service through the years and thereby reward them with the sale!! A local dealer whose dealership just celebrated 100 years of continuous family ownership did not get one GT last time around!
I know wishful thinking....

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
If this family with 100 years in business with Ford didn't get any loyalty from Ford, current FGT owners will not either. Great idea that will never materialize unfortunately. I think Dealers who mark up cars with the BS market adjustment stickers should not get any allocation, and that should include the stuck up sticky beaks Ferrari dealers.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Dave - I did not go last night. (I would have told you Rex and AndyRacer if I had).

Margaret and I watched it live on Channel 7 and Channel 4. I was looking for familiar faces...saw a few.
I listened intently as they interviewed Mark Fields and Bill Ford both at the Ford Pavilion.

Margaret now wants one of the new Ford GT's too. !
We will all see as the dust settles. I plan to go to the Auto Show this Wednesday from 8-noon.
Very fun times.... and thanks to you for publishing all the photos and articles on the Ford Products and keeping us 'well informed'

andy (ajb)

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
I agree it sounds very reasonable for those still in possession of their FGT bought new to get first dibs. They do deserve it. The problem is many of those customers wouldn't naturally buy the new car but with this shift in power from dealer to customer, this subset would then buy the car just to flip, all the while the dealers are pissed at Ford. Ferrari tried to eliminate flippers on the F50 by leasing the cars but owners were not pleased. It is very difficult to control an open market.

Ferrari probably does the best job by requiring new cars to be sold at MSRP and holding the dealers accountable for taking care of their best customers while making sure these customers don't flip too soon. IMO they went too far on the LaF by picking every customer themselves and asking for no dealer input.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
so why wouldnt ford give the original owners of 05/06 cars first crack? it would certainly show brand loyalty from ford to its customer base, could you imagine the look on the ferrari and lambro guys if they found out that in spite of the ford gt speculating to sell for thousands over msrp that ford is making an effort to sell it to its most loyal customers at best price possible? what would that do for fords image? and realistically how many original owners would take advantage of that? as a small group of ford gt owners here on the forum I like to think we were somewhat significant in portraying the car and keeping it in the limelight in the last 10 years. certainly guys like peak and mark and even mullet :) amongst many many others have had a big hand in keeping the cars relevant and always in the forefront of automotive interest, I thinks its time for ford to acknowledge the efforts of the ford gt forum in portraying its iconic car in the best possible light and give first crack to it most loyal customers ...... who knows if more people kept writing bs like this it just might happen :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Lots of ford people reading the forum right now. No guarantee it will have any impact at all, but this community is in the consciousness of a number at the company.

Edsel Ford dropped me an email Tuesday to ask what the buzz on the new GT was...

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
so why wouldnt ford give the original owners of 05/06 cars first crack? it would certainly show brand loyalty from ford to its customer base, could you imagine the look on the ferrari and lambro guys if they found out that in spite of the ford gt speculating to sell for thousands over msrp that ford is making an effort to sell it to its most loyal customers at best price possible? what would that do for fords image? and realistically how many original owners would take advantage of that? as a small group of ford gt owners here on the forum I like to think we were somewhat significant in portraying the car and keeping it in the limelight in the last 10 years. certainly guys like peak and mark and even mullet :) amongst many many others have had a big hand in keeping the cars relevant and always in the forefront of automotive interest, I thinks its time for ford to acknowledge the efforts of the ford gt forum in portraying its iconic car in the best possible light and give first crack to it most loyal customers ...... who knows if more people kept writing bs like this it just might happen :)

lol
Because as much as this forum and its owners have helped keep this car in the limelight, putting in the hands of the Lenos and Seinfelds and 'X' professional athlete is likely worth a whole lot more positive PR for Ford.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
lol
Because as much as this forum and its owners have helped keep this car in the limelight, putting in the hands of the Lenos and Seinfelds and 'X' professional athlete is likely worth a whole lot more positive PR for Ford.

totally disagree, no one can relate to leno's or seinfelds, but everyone can imagine having a license plate that says mullet :)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Lots of ford people reading the forum right now. No guarantee it will have any impact at all, but this community is in the consciousness of a number at the company.

Edsel Ford dropped me an email Tuesday to ask what the buzz on the new GT was...

essentially it is in fords interest to sell to the "common man" I mean that is what the company was based on when it was first started with Henry was it not? what better way for ford to show how it sticks to it roots and its traditions......????? not to mention to do something out of ordinary again, kind of like it did with the 05/06 gt,

gosh Im really pilling on the bs thick now.