Can anyone help me with placing a deposit?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I look forward to part three where you explain how critical the dental constituency is. :lol

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
so why wouldnt ford give the original owners of 05/06 cars first crack? it would certainly show brand loyalty from ford to its customer base, could you imagine the look on the ferrari and lambro guys if they found out that in spite of the ford gt speculating to sell for thousands over msrp that ford is making an effort to sell it to its most loyal customers at best price possible? what would that do for fords image? and realistically how many original owners would take advantage of that? as a small group of ford gt owners here on the forum I like to think we were somewhat significant in portraying the car and keeping it in the limelight in the last 10 years. certainly guys like peak and mark and even mullet :) amongst many many others have had a big hand in keeping the cars relevant and always in the forefront of automotive interest, I thinks its time for ford to acknowledge the efforts of the ford gt forum in portraying its iconic car in the best possible light and give first crack to it most loyal customers ...... who knows if more people kept writing bs like this it just might happen :)

Ferrari guys do buy at msrp. Almost every premium car dealer sells at msrp regardless of how hot the car is to their best clients. It's only the US brands that I have experienced gouging.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I look forward to part three where you explain how critical the dental constituency is. :lol

as EP always say "OH SHUDDUP"

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Ferrari guys do buy at msrp. Almost every premium car dealer sells at msrp regardless of how hot the car is to their best clients. It's only the US brands that I have experienced gouging.

fair enough, than it would be a double shame on ford not to do the same for its loyal customers. do you hear me edsel? :) just kidding as long as you make mine liquid blue and one of the first year production model i dont mind even if its late in the first year run, thanks!! your buddy soroush, who has been a die hard ford fan all his life, until recently I mean audi makes a fine car too, but mostly ford, lets just say I have received most of my traffic citations in a ford. does that count?

dave did say he reads forum ......

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Good luck, I like the way you think...

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Sell the car to us, we will pick the dealer to purchase through. That is real customer satisfaction when we choose which dealer gets the commission!.This way Ford doesn't have to make the decision which dealers will get the cars.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

"gouging" depends on if you're the buyer or the seller. Money is the medium not the equalizer.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
"gouging" depends on if you're the buyer or the seller. Money is the medium not the equalizer.

I take it you are a dealer?

It's really not reasonable for a dealer to charge more than the manufacturer intends. That's the reason for MSRP, so dealers don't take advantage of their markets and/or situations. It's also the reason all premium brands sell for MSRP, from Lafite to LaFerrari. In retail, over the long term, MSRP is really the holy grail but every once in a while, something so special occurs that the short sighted and greedy can't help themselves but to take advantage of the situation. These groups rarely make it to premium status.

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida

It's really not reasonable for a dealer to charge more than the manufacturer intends. That's the reason for MSRP, so dealers don't take advantage of their markets and/or situations. It's also the reason all premium brands sell for MSRP, from Lafite to LaFerrari. In retail, over the long term, MSRP is really the holy grail but every once in a while, something so special occurs that the short sighted and greedy can't help themselves but to take advantage of the situation. These groups rarely make it to premium status.

Devil'a advocate, if all cars sold for MSRP, I'd suggest dealers would be pretty happy. Millions of cars sell every year for thousands less than MSRP because the market demands it. Have you ever asked for a discount? Why shouldn't the market set the price on the GT as well?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

Definitely I'm not a dealer. Construction industry, where there is no list price.

M.S.R.P.

The key letter is S = suggested

Buyers certainly fall in love with below MSRP pricing. Most are happy with buying at MSRP.

And absolutely hate it when "market condition" pricing is above MSRP.

It's all fun and gamesmanship in the R (retail) world.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
totally disagree, no one can relate to leno's or seinfelds, but everyone can imagine having a license plate that says mullet :)

Haha, yeah!

I already have my plate ready for the new FGT. MULLET 2 ( I already have MULLET AND MULLET 1)

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Devil'a advocate, if all cars sold for MSRP, I'd suggest dealers would be pretty happy. Millions of cars sell every year for thousands less than MSRP because the market demands it. Have you ever asked for a discount? Why shouldn't the market set the price on the GT as well?

That was my point, over the long term, dealers in all industries are fortunate to get and strive for msrp sales.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Jeff...a dealer...hah! Jeff "deals" in putting miles on his FGT. 100k plus miles and counting. A real end user.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
I have 2 mill cash in hand and would pay 40k over window per unit for as many of them as 2 mill will buy if anyone finds lead on dealer allocation.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have 2 mill cash in hand and would pay 40k over window per unit for as many of them as 2 mill will buy if anyone finds lead on dealer allocation.
Can't Wait to see replys to this post

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Amazing

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Grab the popcorn!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I think I'll get my lawn chair out to sit back and watch the fireworks!

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Can you post a picture. I'd like to see what 2 million Cash in Hand looks like....

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I never wonder to see men wicked, but I often wonder to see them not ashamed.
-Jonathan Swift