4.0 liter Whipple ????

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
This sounds like rehearsal speech to us gearheads....:wink
On one of our other threads where we came up with lame/good excuses to spend $ to mod our cars without getting the boss at home upset......: See honey, the damn oil leak problem resurfaced again and I've tried to fix it 3 times to save money.... I'm told the only way to fix it for good is to replace the supercharger to a different brand, something called Whipple or something like that. Yes, really...:bs:rofl:bored

GTED

"somthing called a whippit or something like that" I like that better.:biggrin

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
This sounds like rehearsal speech to us gearheads....:wink
On one of our other threads where we came up with lame/good excuses to spend $ to mod our cars without getting the boss at home upset......: See honey, the damn oil leak problem resurfaced again and I've tried to fix it 3 times to save money.... I'm told the only way to fix it for good is to replace the supercharger to a different brand, something called Whipple or something like that. Yes, really...:bs:rofl:bored

GTED

It doesn't work for me Janet has a Whipple and a SC on everything she drives.
Maybe I could swap her whipple onto the GT while she sleeps

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
It doesn't work for me Janet has a Whipple and a SC on everything she drives.
Maybe I could swap her whipple onto the GT while she sleeps

Sounds like the ideal Mrs.!

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Gents, we're a fair ways through the first quarter of the year, any updates on the kit? I would have thought I'd just about had one by this time when original discussing it late last year...

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'm interested as well. My car lacks power. It is dangerous trying to enter the highway in it is current state. I think 900hp will help the problem.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I'm interested as well. My car lacks power. It is dangerous trying to enter the highway in it is current state. I think 900hp will help the problem.

LOL, I was thinking the same...:rofl

Aug 25, 2006

Fubar you are right; there is little that is more frustrating as attempting to merge into traffic for a nice drive when the 725 rwhp plus gals are fighting to do the job; LOL

I suspect that another 150 rwhp may be just enough to keep you from frowning however what is the number that will make you smile?

Be safe out there

Shadowman

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
could somebody please post a pic of a whipple supercharger in the color that is on the stock Ford supercharger......

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
could somebody please post a pic of a whipple supercharger in the color that is on the stock Ford supercharger......

A google image search would be fastest: Link

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Gen III Whipple?

Why don't we skip the 4L & go straight to a 5L or something like that. Would it be a Gen IV or Gen V? Just go to the biggest & baddest one around & stop this gradual climb. I went from stock to Gen I to Gen II. Come on. How many times am I going to have to change superchargers?

Ed

Can someone make a Gurney Bubble for the rear glass?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Can someone make a Gurney Bubble for the rear glass?

I like the way you think.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I like the way you think.

Me too +1:cheers

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006

Whipple1.JPG

Whipple2.JPG

Whipple3.JPG

Whipple4.JPG

Whipple5.JPG

Whipple6.JPG

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Looks good, but I like the all polished look.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Looks good, but I like the all polished look.

So do I...but it's soooooooooooooo much more work to keep it looking like new!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
A little birdie told me the 4.0 is still about a month or so away..:ack

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Why don't we skip the 4L & go straight to a 5L or something like that. Would it be a Gen IV or Gen V? Just go to the biggest & baddest one around & stop this gradual climb. I went from stock to Gen I to Gen II. Come on. How many times am I going to have to change superchargers?

Ed

Ed, I have done the same thing you have, and I feel the same way. I think we are keeping the factory open! We can look forward to a new generation every two years. When we're 95 years old it will give us something to look forward to: the "New and Vastly Improved Performance of Generation XLV Whipple for the Ford GT". Maybe by then we will really get an upgrade, it will run on banana peels and beer cans...

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas

so you have been driving around with Texas GT on the freeway huh?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
nota4re - thanx for the pix. i will be buying a 4.0 L whipple in the future and i am trying to decide wether to go with the stock gray color or the the polished.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Ed, I have done the same thing you have, and I feel the same way. I think we are keeping the factory open! We can look forward to a new generation every two years. When we're 95 years old it will give us something to look forward to: the "New and Vastly Improved Performance of Generation XLV Whipple for the Ford GT". Maybe by then we will really get an upgrade, it will run on banana peels and beer cans...

We are working on the new Mr. Fusion adapter kit for the GT. Just having problems with the food processor option.