4.0 liter Whipple ????

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Bony awesome! Can't wait to see the results as well as the install!!! And that cocktail sounds good!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
GT Valve Cover Blue

Best you ask Dustin who is a forum sponsor when he expects to roll out. I will post the minute my install is done. That is not scheduled for this year.

Daniel,

When I last spoke to Whipple some time ago I asked them about delivering a supercharger in the same blue color and finish as our valve covers. I'm not a big fan of either the polished or black finishes offered. Are there any other GT Forum members who would be interested in Whipple that matched our valve covers?

I had also seen one sometime back in the same gray finish as our stock supercharger. I wonder if they'll still do that?

Chip

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Chip,

I was advised the stock finish wasn't a problem when I last inquired about the finish on the Whipple.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Daniel,

When I last spoke to Whipple some time ago I asked them about delivering a supercharger in the same blue color and finish as our valve covers. I'm not a big fan of either the polished or black finishes offered. Are there any other GT Forum members who would be interested in Whipple that matched our valve covers?

I had also seen one sometime back in the same gray finish as our stock supercharger. I wonder if they'll still do that?

Chip

Hello Chip,
Last I heard from Dustin they could do the blower in the same blue to match the valve covers,... which is what I would like. Again, that was about this year last time... Hellllloooooo Dustin.......
GBA,
daniel

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I am pretty sure whipple can go any color route anyone wanted.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I'd better start saving $$$.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
bony Awesome! Can't Wait To See The Results As Well As The Install!!! And That Cocktail Sounds Good!

+100000000000000000

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Subscribed! :thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Make it a blue Christmas.

I am pretty sure whipple can go any color route anyone wanted.

As of a year ago they couldn't do our valve cover blue wrinkle finish but they were working on it. I think a SC with that finish would look killer on our cars and that is what I am waiting for. A 4.0 in Ford wrinkle blue. Yeah.....that's the ticket!! :banana :banana :banana

Chip

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
last i heard that is doable.... check with Dustin

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Wow, there are exotics out there whose engines don't even displace as much as this mega Whipple. Looking forward to getting mine too!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Wow, there are exotics out there whose engines don't even displace as much as this mega Whipple. Looking forward to getting mine too!

Don't let the good Dentist know about your plans Sanjay :lol:lol:lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Don't let the good Dentist know about your plans Sanjay :lol:lol:lol

its way too late for that:lol

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Ok guys any further news on this front? It's been well over a month since the last post. MMP told me 30-45 days back on the 11th Dec before they were due out.

Aug 25, 2006
Ok guys any further news on this front? It's been well over a month since the last post. MMP told me 30-45 days back on the 11th Dec before they were due out.

As of a couple days ago the development process continues as the need to redesign the snout is pivotal to the process.

Takes care

Shadowman

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
As of a couple days ago the development process continues as the need to redesign the snout is pivotal to the process.

Takes care

Shadowman

Lightning response, thanks!

Ok cool, I await further developments..

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
No news, but getting closer according to spys :)

doliva

GT Owner
Jan 3, 2009
Philippines
im definitely gonna watch this thread closely. ive just about given up on my supercharger oil leak problem. ive sealed, re-sealed and re-sealed once again almost everything and swapped out the oil seal twice already. :S im thinking whipple is the way to go. haha. :)

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
This sounds like rehearsal speech to us gearheads....:wink
On one of our other threads where we came up with lame/good excuses to spend $ to mod our cars without getting the boss at home upset......: See honey, the damn oil leak problem resurfaced again and I've tried to fix it 3 times to save money.... I'm told the only way to fix it for good is to replace the supercharger to a different brand, something called Whipple or something like that. Yes, really...:bs:rofl:bored

GTED

im definitely gonna watch this thread closely. ive just about given up on my supercharger oil leak problem. ive sealed, re-sealed and re-sealed once again almost everything and swapped out the oil seal twice already. :S im thinking whipple is the way to go. haha. :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
On one of our other threads where we came up with lame/good excuses to spend $ to mod our cars without getting the boss at home upset......: See honey, the damn oil leak problem resurfaced again and I've tried to fix it 3 times to save money.... I'm told the only way to fix it for good is to replace the supercharger to a different brand, something called Whipple or something like that. Yes, really...:bs:rofl:bored

GTED

And don't forget the, "it's a birthday (Christmas?) gift from my best buddy", purchase option!:biggrin