4.0 liter Whipple ????

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Thanks for the info Fubar, I have looked over all of the threads and it would be easyer if some one could give a step by step over view on how they did it and their opinion on what they have purchased. Rember the GT legacy is in our hands and we want to get it right each time we improve our cars. Best regards.

Last edited:

DeMopuar

May 30, 2008
Wisconsin
Anyone know the difference in power and torque with 19 psi pulleys between a Gen II and the Gen III Whipples, on 91 or 93 octane pump gas?

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Merge right.

Incidentally, it might be a good idea to merge these two thread just to keep it all in one place.

I agree and am doing precisely that.

Chip

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the info Fubar, I have looked over all of the threads and it would be easyer if some one could give a step by step over view on how they did it and their opinion on what they have purchased. Rember this is the GT legacy is in our hands and we want to get it right each time we improve our cars. Best regards.

I'm not sure that anyone has had both systems. My guess would be you'll get more info just reading threads about each individual system.

This what I know so far. The 4.0L makes about 30-40 more hp than the 3.4L. I think it makes its power quicker in the power band and holds it to the end. So strictly reading the hp # does not give you the full story. I am having some fuel issues right now but it may be isolated to my car. However, I suspect that the 4.0L is going to make most GT's fuel system operate at peak capacity. If a Boost-A-Pump fixes the problem then it will be a simple solution and I would buy another 4.0L. If I need larger fuel pumps, then I would likely go with the 3.4L, if I had to do it over again.

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Thanks for telling me like it is Fubar, Yes posibly a fuel pump booster and maby modified or replaced injectors will do the trick. My tune will be much diffrent because I am in the Mile high city (Denver, Colorado) I will eventualy need to tune down at a lower altitude so that I dont burn up. I cannot wate till I get use to the power of the 4.0 then the next thing to do is to remove the motor and STROKE the hell out of it. Then I would realy use up some fuel. Best regards. PS. I tried to email you but no luck, would you call me?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
#?

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
I guess I thought you would go to my profile and get the phone number. You will want to go there annway and look at the two pages of cool Ford stuff. Best regards, 303-931-5412.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I guess I thought you would go to my profile and get the phone number. You will want to go there annway and look at the two pages of cool Ford stuff. Best regards, 303-931-5412.

I just read your profile, all I have to say is :thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It was nice talking you today, Rich. I know you will be happy with the new Whipple. Bring us some more pictures of that GT in the winner's circle :thumbsup

I hope you find time to meet us down in Texas for the '09 Rally. Let me know if I can do anything to help you out in the future.

Regards,
Mark M.
FUBAR

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Thanks for the info Mark, I will keep everyone posted on the installation, tune and dyno of my 4.0 Sooooopercharger!!!!! I cannot waite to hang on for the ride. I am a true Horse Power Junkie and I cannot shoot it up my arm fast enough! As far as the Texas mile, I dont know if I can make it this year. I will keep you posted. Best, Rich.:banana

BITURBOAMG

Jan 19, 2007
Can someone give me a price for the 3.4 and 4.0 complete kit. I take it if I dont upgrade the fuel system or pump the 4.0 may not be the best choice?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I have a pair of singles on my car (the dual didn't exist in 2006) but one dual or 2 singles will work.

Would you mind giving me a little more information on your experience with this. Where did you guys connect to the fuel pump wires, where did you set the BAP? If you have any pictures they are always helpful. I just want to make sure I know as much as possible before I start this project tomorrow.

Thanks.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Would you mind giving me a little more information on your experience with this. Where did you guys connect to the fuel pump wires, where did you set the BAP? If you have any pictures they are always helpful. I just want to make sure I know as much as possible before I start this project tomorrow.

Thanks.

There is a large primary wiring harness that you can access under the basket in the nose of the vehicle. I installed mine 3 years ago and don't have the diagrams in front of me here but make sure its wired before the FPDM. You can install them up front near the bracing or in the basket. There are a lot of location options up there.