2013 Boss LS arrives!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Ron, and if opening a pole, I would vote for BOTH!

I am leaning that way as well.

Would like an instructional ride in the Boss through the twisties....

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hey Ron, what's up with the brakes? Kelvin, Terry, and I are using 2-piece floating hat rotors up front with Hawk HTC-60 pads and Motul 600 fluid. NO PROBLEMS! All of the cars have some pretty hard, i.e. high-speed track time. In fact, Tery is now on his second set of rotors - that's what happens when you are a member at a great race track!

When we switch from the track wheels/tires back to the street tires/wheels, we swap pads back to some street ceramics.

We are enjoying the set-up a lot!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I may need one of these for in house development.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I volunteer …..

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hey Ron, what's up with the brakes?

I don't know ? Brakes are always an issue for me.What odd is not like I'm hard on my equipment ,just demanding!

Ron is just a little more demanding of his equipement than most.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Agreed, Ron does know his way around the track (and is fast) but certainly what I have seen,not equipment abusive. Remember his champion track slogan, "Slow is Fast!".

That is why I asked the same question regarding displeasure with the Boss brakes. I too have basically the same setup as Kendall described above, rotors/fluid/pads, and have not experienced ANY sort of brake problems. The front rotors have 3 color band temperature stripes on them and I have only turned color on the first indicator (458C) which to me indicates the brake cooling ducts are performing their cooling function as designed (or I am not driving deep enough into the turns...)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I don't know ? Brakes are always an issue for me.What odd is not like I'm hard on my equipment ,just demanding!
I am going with 302r/s brake set up.I know if I go with that set up I have the best.I also figure if its good enough for the race teams like Gino's ,its good enough for me!Realy I just want the least amount of brake issues .I hate having to bleed my brakes at the end of every day!Really thinking hard about what to bring to the rally.
Maybe I should take a poll!

Bring the GT,,, If I wanted to see a bunch of Mustangs going around the track I would join the Mustang Club.. :bored

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ok Stormy!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Some new videos.
Limerock park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4zSU11FH10
New hampshire Motor speedway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Pf9f1PpOk
I need more track time!

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
new Boss 302s brakes #025

IMG_1705.jpgIMG_1708.jpgIMG_1712.jpgIMG_1713.jpg
now we have even better brakes, just did a 4 hour enduro with Boss 302s and the GT. GT won and boss came 4th :cheers

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I believe what I am getting is the Ford racing 302r/s Brembo set up .But I think the Ap set up looks better.Do I dare ask how much?

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Know you don't really want to Know, but its not that bad if you say it quickly 10k plus disk bells and mounts otherwise all parts included (2 sets pads f/r) rotors and calipers
We only changed because we do lots of enduro's 4/6/12 hrs
you can see the 302r/s caliper still hanging up on the front strut
It will out stop a GT3 we had a ex GT3 driver as a co-driver and he loved it

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Know you don't really want to Know, but its not that bad if you say it quickly 10k plus disk bells and mounts otherwise all parts included (2 sets pads f/r) rotors and calipers
We only changed because we do lots of enduro's 4/6/12 hrs
you can see the 302r/s caliper still hanging up on the front strut
It will out stop a GT3 we had a ex GT3 driver as a co-driver and he loved it

Hi Neal - just got home from Portland HSMA Historics. Tim Brown brought Peter's F-1 down. As Peter didn't have a tailer. What a cool racecar. OMG sounds.

Not quite as fast as the new F-1's but very quick just the same

Also in the group was a McLaren F-1 and an M20, Wolf F-1 WR6, Shadow F-1, and Frisbee Can-Am.And a few other I can't re-call. The fsat group got down to 1:10. Current Cart guys are lapping in the 57 second range. Great vintage week end.

Congrats on your win in the GT. Well Done!

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Racing 07-07-2012 016.jpgHi Jeff
Long time no hear
Good to see you having fun at the races
Just about to order a new RD6S hollinger 6 speed for the boss 302s to help it catch the GT