2013 Boss LS arrives!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As confirmed, yes SBY is the actual color name, and after seeing in person, it is for sure different than grabber orange. Photos lead you to believe they a closer than they actually are.

We always called Grabber Orange "school bus yellow" to distinguish it from Calypso Coral/Competition Orange.
So that is hilarious.....is it really called school bus yellow by Ford?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ok as of now everything is done on my car 302s suspension,Forgeline wheels mounted ,balanced Kendals roll bar and 6 point belts ,sound delete tube K&n air filter detailing is today,clear bra tomorrow, the aim dash comes in today ! I have a bout 500 miles on it now.Spent the day at the shop making sure everything is tight as a drum! I leave for Watkins Glen Thursday for a 3 day event.I will have video to post when I get back.I am very excited to say the least!Will have full track report next week!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks for the polite answer.:thumbsup On Viper Ally this would complete derail topic and we would have pages of post ripping me for asking a dumb question.

Glad to hear he will track the car. Would love to hear his feedback. Seems that Ford has put together a pretty decent track package with this car.

Spend enough time here, and you will be adding a Ford GT to your garage soon! (As well as a Boss 302, Ford Raptor, and modified Taurus SHO!)

Plus, always an enjoyable and fun hearted camaraderie, whether you own one, or are thinking about owning one.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
There is nothing better than owning ,driving and caring for a Ford GT! NOTHING! I describe it like this .Every time I get into my FGT its like I am going out on a date with the hottest woman I have ever seen!
I often describe my wife as the Ford GT of women!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
There is nothing better than owning ,driving and caring for a Ford GT! NOTHING! I describe it like this .Every time I get into my FGT its like I am going out on a date with the hottest woman I have ever seen!
I often describe my wife as the Ford GT of women!
I am going to assume your wife reads the forum, nice statement. I feel the same way about my wife too!!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
She calls the forum my version of face book for car guys!

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Love the color!

Attachments

• P1030423.jpg
    P1030423.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 1,584

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I think you need a new SBY Boss for your collection!

AtomicZ

Sep 22, 2011
MN
Spend enough time here, and you will be adding a Ford GT to your garage soon! (As well as a Boss 302, Ford Raptor, and modified Taurus SHO!)

Plus, always an enjoyable and fun hearted camaraderie, whether you own one, or are thinking about owning one.

Always a possibility. Currently the only Ford I own is a '69 Fastback.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Well now my new Boss is broken in! Took it up to Watkins Glen this past week end for a 3 day event.Perfect weather.Here is some in car video .Feel free to rip me apart!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQGJ_wb5tI4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIlB0Ah-r2o
I really tried to keep up with the 996 cup car .But I couldn't argue with 1200 lbs less and slicks!

AtomicZ

Sep 22, 2011
MN
Thanks for sharing the vids. Trying to keep up with Cup cars can get you in trouble.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Did I hear someone hit the rev limiter at 3:07? :biggrin

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I thought you hung in there pretty darn well considering.....You are in a "Mustang" :wink

Maybe you need slicks too?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
WOW, nice job! Even with the added weight of a passenger.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The Boss is a blast! I did loose my brakes at the end of the last session .I am going to upgrade to 302S/R brakes.
I know brakes only slow you down!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great videos. When I go to the track I like to be by myself and not so close to other cars. You make it look easy!

AtomicZ

Sep 22, 2011
MN
Great videos. When I go to the track I like to be by myself and not so close to other cars. You make it look easy!

"Rubbing is Racing"

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Nice driving, Ron :thumbsup - really nice!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Congrats Ron!

Just got back from a dealer pick up for a friend SBY-LS. Picture below is our caravan stopping for breakfast at an obscure Kentucky watering hole which was excellant.

Hope you will bring the Boss to NOLA.

And the Boss 5.0 (codename "roadrunner") engine has an OE redline of 7,500 rpm.
From Ford, "Both models feature the legendary Mustang 5.0 engine – a 444-horsepower Hi-Po 302 V8 that redlines at 7,500 rpm."

And what happened to the brakes? You went to 2-piece rotors, swapped fluid and went to racing pads. What did not work?

DSC_0780.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I don't know ? Brakes are always an issue for me.What odd is not like I'm hard on my equipment ,just demanding!
I am going with 302r/s brake set up.I know if I go with that set up I have the best.I also figure if its good enough for the race teams like Gino's ,its good enough for me!Realy I just want the least amount of brake issues .I hate having to bleed my brakes at the end of every day!Really thinking hard about what to bring to the rally.
Maybe I should take a poll!

Last edited: