How Many Viper Coupe FE Owners are there?

201MPH

Apr 25, 2006
Toronto
Craig,
Look up at the top of the page, your at THE FORD GT FORUM, this is a civil place, not one where a newbie spectator with half a dozen posts questions the integrity of the owners. You would think that after being banned at FERRARI CHAT and the Viper boards you would have learned something. Obviously not. If you want to learn about Ford GT's this is a great place to read. If you want
to fight, why not try the Vette boards, your kind of behavior seems to be the norm over there. Seems like December is the month to bring out every troll.
Bony
:troll :slap :devil :smash :shrug :troll :slap :devil :shrug :smash :troll :devil :shrug :smash

No trolling intended, just a little inside joke between FF and myself.

I am merely engaging in this thread regarding the Viper, disrespect not included. Great board you have here.

M

Mark O

I know there is no convincing you..or some others. To each his own.

The conv model does absolutely nothing for me, but over time, much like a wart, the coupe model has grown on me. :biggrin It doesn't excite me though.

However,the introduction of the GT had me more excited than the original Viper did back in the early nineties. :cheers

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Hopefully my picture loads. It's a Viper Comp Coupe which I actually purchased from a fellow GT owner in CA.

Attachments

• Comp Coupe on Spruce.jpg
    Comp Coupe on Spruce.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 127

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hey look, its Casa DeYoung.

I'm on vacation. Please cease the bickering, or I will make road trip stops and slap your wrists in person. :willy

SoCal Rebell

Dec 24, 2006
Hopefully my picture loads. It's a Viper Comp Coupe which I actually purchased from a fellow GT owner in CA.

That's Jerry's old car, you got a deal, the car has like no miles on it and the ones it does are easy miles. Factory black with snake decals. I've driven CCs on the track they're GREAT!!!

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
That's Jerry's old car, you got a deal, the car has like no miles on it and the ones it does are easy miles. Factory black with snake decals. I've driven CCs on the track they're GREAT!!!

You are correct! I've never met Jerry but if he is ever selling a car just take him for his word for my purchase of his Comp Coupe was simple and exact. I've since sold it for I could not afford both the GT and the black snake. I will tell you this though, as much as the GT is a head turner the Comp Coupe is a traffic stopper. Yeah yeah, it's not street legal but it was fun driving it on the street a few times.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Here's the problem with the Gen 1/2 versus the Gen 3 Viper. Gen 1 & 2 guys love the sexy curves of that body style, however, most can't stand the Gen 3 body...

The Gen 1 & 2 Vipers were completely outrageous styling-wise in their day & that's what turned people (like me) on...

I agree 100%!

BlackICE

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Lamboman hit it right on the head.

Dodge is the only car company that actually listens to the majority of the people that purchase the car. The new changes and options added this year were from suggestions from Viper owners over the past few years at tech sessions at national Viper events and from those suggestions made on the Viper website. Dodge listens to it's customers and I will continue to be a loyal DC brand and Viper owner.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Indeed. While I'm still not totally sold on the looks of the SRT-10, it has certainly grown on me. But more importantly, I can't get over how people are disappointed the new car will "only" have 600hp :lol 600hp in a factory car is absurd, and it's what the owners want. They want to be back on top of the performance pile, and now they are.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I couldn't wait. I figured I would take advantage of the excellent deals going on right now and picked up my new SRTC last night. I'm gonna take some pics later. It's solid blue, and it matches my GT's stripes!:banana

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Congrats Rocman! Different animal but lots of fun... Now you have to add a Paxton SC so it can keep up with the GT!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Congrats Rocman! Different animal but lots of fun... Now you have to add a Paxton SC so it can keep up with the GT!

Thanks Jerry. Not to hijack this thread, do you have any experience with the STS turbo kit?

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
DAN..that is my All-Time Favorite CC. In fact...I asked Jerry about the car a couple of weeks ago. Congrats man...what a car!! If you ever sell...please keep me in mind.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
I couldn't wait. I figured I would take advantage of the excellent deals going on right now and picked up my new SRTC last night. I'm gonna take some pics later. It's solid blue, and it matches my GT's stripes!:banana

All right. Congrats!! Great color Rocman. You will love the car.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
DAN..that is my All-Time Favorite CC. In fact...I asked Jerry about the car a couple of weeks ago. Congrats man...what a car!! If you ever sell...please keep me in mind.

Lambo, I actually sold the car earlier this year for I could not afford to keep both the GT and CC. The car went to a guy in western LA and he planned on running it the the Texas mile shootout. I haven't heard anything about the car since but you are right in saying it was one of the nastiest looking CC's on the planet.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Here's a couple pics.:banana

Attachments

• eye2.jpg
    eye2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 187
  • front01_med.jpg
    front01_med.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 104
  • rear01_med.jpg
    rear01_med.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 108
  • rear02_med.jpg
    rear02_med.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 104
  • interior_med.jpg
    interior_med.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 103

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Sweet!!!!!!

What are your initial driving impressions?

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Here is a picture of my VOI car, 1 of 100 (mine is # 98). Some guys on this site seems to think a special edition car is worthless. Well I guess if you don't have one it is worthless...Dan

Attachments

• vca raffle car wing 4.jpg
    vca raffle car wing 4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 101

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Here is a picture of my VOI car, 1 of 100 (mine is # 98). Some guys on this site seems to think a special edition car is worthless. Well I guess if you don't have one it is worthless...Dan

Dan , that looks great. Color combo is 2nd to none. Love the front splitter and wing. The wing and splitter are not cheap...but very functional as well as great looking. I got a quote from Prefix to make me two sets. Will do it soon.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Sweet!!!!!!

What are your initial driving impressions?

Well, I only drove home about 15 miles from the dealer, but my first observations are: I sit a little high in the seat (that can be fixed), you have to push the pedal quite far to get any reaction from the motor (but when you do, it great), Fit & Finish is very good (much better than my last 2 Z06's), the paint is actually really smooth, seats are comfortable and I have more room than my GT. Lighting is excellent. Visibility is good. It has a great modern look and feel, but still has an old hot rod vibe to it. So far, it's great!

Big Dan,
Awesome car! The VOI9 cars are the rarest! Don't mind what others have to say. There are always haters in the bunch.