How Many Viper Coupe FE Owners are there?

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
DAN..that is my All-Time Favorite CC. In fact...I asked Jerry about the car a couple of weeks ago. Congrats man...what a car!! If you ever sell...please keep me in mind.
Lambo, I actually sold the car earlier this year for I could not afford to keep both the GT and CC. The car went to a guy in western LA and he planned on running it the the Texas mile shootout. I haven't heard anything about the car since but you are right in saying it was one of the nastiest looking CC's on the planet.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Here's a couple pics.:banana

Attachments

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Sweet!!!!!!

What are your initial driving impressions?

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Here is a picture of my VOI car, 1 of 100 (mine is # 98). Some guys on this site seems to think a special edition car is worthless. Well I guess if you don't have one it is worthless...Dan

Attachments

M

Mark O

The current platform is 4 years old. All of the new styling on this car took place in the Engine
It's older than that considering the original SRT (conv) is a cross between a Camaro & a Stratus in styling. I lovingly call it the Stratamaro. :biggrin

...and appearance options. 4 interior colors to choose from, 5 new colors,
That's the problem with this car is since it's restyling, DC has elected to go with decor packages all of which are just silly. Everytime they come out with a new color, it's a new a "limited edition". You've got the Black Mamba, White Mamba, Flanders Edition, White/Blue VCA Edition, New Tire Tread Edition, Chicita Banana Yellow VCA Edition :banana Red Caliper Edition (you get the picture). It's about time that they pony up some more hp. These days, for the amount of cubic inches the V10 has, it's pretty inefficient compaired to what its main competitor, the Vette is squeezing out for power.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
During our rally in August while cruising the parking garage with several fellow GT Owners admiring the beauty, several guys were talking about their other car(s). One of the GT Forum members asked me, "Does everyone here own a Viper too?" Like many of you I own a bunch or cars (18 cars and 12 motorcycles). I have met many of you who own one of the 200 FE Viper Coupes. I own number 167, and know of about four more on this forum. My son believes that most of the 200 are among the ranks of our GT bretheren. So, if you own a 2006 FE, let us know. If you own a Viper, let us know. I would be interested in knowing how many of us have the same blue/white Viper in the garage.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Here is a picture of my VOI car, 1 of 100 (mine is # 98). Some guys on this site seems to think a special edition car is worthless. Well I guess if you don't have one it is worthless...Dan
Dan , that looks great. Color combo is 2nd to none. Love the front splitter and wing. The wing and splitter are not cheap...but very functional as well as great looking. I got a quote from Prefix to make me two sets. Will do it soon.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
It's older than that considering the original SRT (conv) is a cross between a Camaro & a Stratus in styling. I lovingly call it the Stratamaro. :biggrin

That's the problem with this car is since it's restyling, DC has elected to go with decor packages all of which are just silly. Everytime they come out with a new color, it's a new a "limited edition". You've got the Black Mamba, White Mamba, Flanders Edition, White/Blue VCA Edition, New Tire Tread Edition, Chicita Banana Yellow VCA Edition :banana Red Caliper Edition (you get the picture). It's about time that they pony up some more hp. These days, for the amount of cubic inches the V10 has, it's pretty inefficient compaired to what its main competitor, the Vette is squeezing out for power.
The motor is now at 600HP...new clutch, upgraded tranny, rear-end,VVT,....etc. A motor that is now capable of 900BHP N.A. How much more do you want to do before the major remake in 2 years? Quite frankly, with the problems that Ford, DC, GM are having, it is amazing to me that DC is committing the funds that they have to this car already. The cosmetic options are just a plus on top of that. I agree on the "special editions". It has been non-sense. But now you can select your interior color, new interesting exterior colors, new wheel options. They have made it possible to build your own unique car. In 14 years of Viper ownership, this is one of the better days. I applaud DC for their efforts. It appears that you don't like the Gen3...to each his own. I have always enjoyed the styling. Guess I will go jump in my "Stratamaro" TT, and go for a ride.

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
No Road Rash for Me

Tim, does that mean you prefer road rash to a Gurney?

To give you an idea of how to avoid road rash, here's me preparing to mow the lawn with me Huskavarna "GT" Heritage Livery Tractor:

Attachments

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Sweet!!!!!!

What are your initial driving impressions?
Well, I only drove home about 15 miles from the dealer, but my first observations are: I sit a little high in the seat (that can be fixed), you have to push the pedal quite far to get any reaction from the motor (but when you do, it great), Fit & Finish is very good (much better than my last 2 Z06's), the paint is actually really smooth, seats are comfortable and I have more room than my GT. Lighting is excellent. Visibility is good. It has a great modern look and feel, but still has an old hot rod vibe to it. So far, it's great!

Big Dan,
Awesome car! The VOI9 cars are the rarest! Don't mind what others have to say. There are always haters in the bunch.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Don't know why my pictures came out so small. hope that fixed it...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Tim,
That outfit might work in Ohio, but never in California, if you tried to swim accross the Rio Grande you would surely drown. Also, I ass-ume you speak Spanish (official language of California) otherwise you could not talk to other gardeners and state officials.
Happy New Year!
Daniel:cheers :banana :cheers

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
you have to push the pedal quite far to get any reaction from the motor
Yes, I understand. I went to a Comp Coupe flywheel in my '06 FE...and it revved up much quicker. Didn't need as much pedal to get it moving quickly. I switched back because I was so used to the situation you mention. 3.55 gears are ideal street gears for a Viper also. The 3.07's take awhile to get moving. Mopar offers the 3.55 set if you are ever interested. You can actually use 5 gears with the 3.55's.

Last edited:

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
I've owned several Vipers, but I don't have one now. My best friend has a beautiful FE that he is looking to sell if anyone wants to join the FE/GT ranks.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Yes, I understand. I went to a Comp Coupe flywheel in my '06 FE...and it revved up much quicker. Didn't need as much pedal to get it moving quickly. I switched back because I was so used to the situation you mention. 3.55 gears are ideal street gears for a Viper also. The 3.07's take awhile to get moving. Mopar offers the 3.55 set if you are ever interested. You can actually use 5 gears with the 3.55's.
Interesting. Does it make a difference in 0-60 or 1/4 mile times?
I will get used to it. The only thing that worries my is that the pedals are so close together. At least 10 times, I hit the gas at the same time as I applied the brakes.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Roc, I don't want to hijack this thread but to answer your question the car was all pro-built (like Chip Foose pro) by Dennis Taylor in Arkansas. This car was the first high end Willys roadster he ever built and it took 2 1/2 years. The bottom of the car is nicer then the top. 528 inch Hemi, 727 torque-flite, 9 inch rear, air ride, all the best went into this car. Top show winner everywhere it went. If interested I can send you some more pics, I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers by posting more on this thread although I think the true car guys would love it...Dan
Yes, maybe post some pics in the "what else you have" thread, so nobody says anything. I love looking at cars!:biggrin
That car is awesome!

Well, I drove my new Viper Coupe to work today. Here are some of my thoughts on the SRT-C. My knee is 1/4" away from the dash. When I hit a bump, my knee knocks the lower dash. There is wind noise from the drivers window, but not too much. The sub seems to have a slight vibration to it.
I love how you can go 80 at only 1500 RPM's.:thumbsup
The torque is right there, at all times. I had some lady pull up to me asking how much, and if she could have a ride. Well, she looked like the Witch from Popeye, so I politely said no. Then she asked if her daughter could have a ride. Again, I said no.:lol
I was actually surprised how much attention this car gets!

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Interesting. Does it make a difference in 0-60 or 1/4 mile times?
I will get used to it. The only thing that worries my is that the pedals are so close together. At least 10 times, I hit the gas at the same time as I applied the brakes.
The gears will make a difference if you can shift quickly. I have always shaved .2-.3 off of 1320 times...but I can shift a Viper. It requires one more shift in the quarter with the 3.55's. The real benefit is street speeds. 30-80 call it. The 3.55's add what equates to 83HP avg in that range...although of course it would not show that on a dyno. It puts the torque curve and HP where you need it.

The flywheel is more of a road racing thing...no strip or street benefits, other than feel. A little weight savings. The Road racing guys swear by it for higher revs early.

Last edited:

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
I used to have one...traded it and kept the included car cover though...

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
I have three Vipers(two ORECA) but don't know what an FE is? What is it?

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
First Edition = Blue car white stripes 2006 coupe