How Many Viper Coupe FE Owners are there?

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Dan...that is a SWEET ride!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it. That 528 Hemi powerplant is beyond words.

Thanks Lambo!!! Actually pictures don't show the detail of this car. The paint is so deep you can see the cracks in your teeth from 30 feet away...:biggrin
Had I known I was going to sell it I would have kept the Comp Coupe!!!
P.S. The Hemi is crank rated at 610 HP and 650 ft. lbs. The wheel pictured is a 22x10 Intro Radicalli fully chromed from beed to beed. The fronts are 18x8.

P.S.S. Sorry guys, I got carried away and officially hijacked this thread. My apologies, I hope no one is offended!!! BD40...

Attachments

• Swoopster Rear Wheel.jpg
    Swoopster Rear Wheel.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Thanks Lambo!!! Actually pictures don't show the detail of this car. The paint is so deep you can see the cracks in your teeth from 30 feet away...:biggrin
Had I known I was going to sell it I would have kept the Comp Coupe!!!
P.S. The Hemi is crank rated at 610 HP and 650 ft. lbs. The wheel pictured is a 22x10 Intro Radicalli fully chromed from beed to beed. The fronts are 18x8.

P.S.S. Sorry guys, I got carried away and officially hijacked this thread. My apologies, I hope no one is offended!!! BD40...

Hey Dan..here is a pic of the Black/Red. The wheels are black chromed now...and all the emblems are red.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very nice Lamboman!

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Hey Dan..here is a pic of the Black/Red. The wheels are black chromed now...and all the emblems are red.

That car must be smoking with the black chrome and red emblems. Are those factory stripes or did you have them done? I don't think I've ever seen a Viper accented the way yours is, congrats man on a super sweet ride.:thumbsup

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
That car must be smoking with the black chrome and red emblems. Are those factory stripes or did you have them done? I don't think I've ever seen a Viper accented the way yours is, congrats man on a super sweet ride.:thumbsup

Thank you Dan!!. Officially, it is factory striped by Prefix.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Thank you Dan!!. Officially, it is factory striped by Prefix.

Same as my VOI car! Prefix does all the striping for the Vipers. Ron is a real nice guy. I wish though that they had cleared the whole car after the striping was done. I hate that little lip edge between the stripes and paint. My GT is the same friggin way...Dan

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Belated Congratulations

I couldn't wait. I figured I would take advantage of the excellent deals going on right now and picked up my new SRTC last night. I'm gonna take some pics later. It's solid blue, and it matches my GT's stripes!:banana

Mark,

Congrats on the new Viper. This Forum is mightly powerful from a marketing perspective. I post a question about Vipers, and you go out and buy one. Another member posted a question about Lotus, and I went out and bought one! All in a two week span!! If we could only harness this power!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Mark,

Congrats on the new Viper. This Forum is mightly powerful from a marketing perspective. I post a question about Vipers, and you go out and buy one. Another member posted a question about Lotus, and I went out and bought one! All in a two week span!! If we could only harness this power!

Haha! So true!
As a matter of fact, I am also looking at getting a lotus Exige S also.:lol

Here's an update.
The more I drive the Viper, the more I love it. Throttle response has improved a lot. Overall, the car is proving to be a great addition to the GT.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Mark,

Hey Tim. I'll bet when you started a Viper thread here...you wouldn't have thought it would be one of the highest response threads in months. Alot of GT owners have Vipers!! Great thread.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Just so this thread won't die...part 2 of the New Viper. My inside sources tell me that select performance friendly Dodge dealers will be outlets. Just order the base 600HP Viper...tell them what SRT/Mopar parts you want on it...and presto. No cost estimate for the whole package yet.

SRT and Mopar Showcase Viper Possibilities at NAIAS
Tuesday January 9, 12:01 am ET

Custom Viper displays tweaks from Mopar Performance Parts – and 675 horsepower!

Farmington Hills, Mich., January 9 /EXCLUSIVE from viperclub.org/ -- Much speculation has been made since the first details were released on the 2008 Dodge Viper scheduled to appear this week at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Of course today is the day you were supposed to be reading about it, however some magazine editions hit the newsstands – and websites – a little earlier. Viper buyers, already giddy over the addition of a whopping 90 horsepower (yes, 600 total ponies under that revised hood) still had one nagging worry in the back of their minds: What about this long-rumored “Blue Devil” from the “other” American super car camp?

They needn’t have worried. In a surprise addition to this weeks show, DaimlerChrysler’s Mopar and SRT (Street & Racing Technology) Division have added a third Viper in concept form, joining the Venom Red SRT10 Roadster and Viper Red SRT10 Coupe with white racing stripes. Reminiscent of the SRT10 Carbon shown at SEMA in 2003, this latest Coupe variation showcases the many possibilities of this potent platform.

“We at SRT, along with our counterparts at Mopar Performance, wanted to build something for NAIAS that would show what can be done with the new '08 Viper,” said Steve Sharples, Viper Brand Manager at SRT. “This includes many of the new Mopar Performance parts which will be available for the car when it starts shipping to showrooms later this year.”

The Mopar Performance Parts featured are:

- Tubular Exhaust Header Package
- High-flowing, Cat-Back Exhaust System
- Low-restriction, functional Cold Air Intake System
- Fully adjustable Coilover Suspension Kit
- "Sidewinder" Lightweight Wheels (with anodized finish)

And don’t forget the “Racing” in SRT, as they added these race-inspired parts as well:

- Titanium Valves and Connecting Rods
- Cast Litex Pistons and Lightened Crankshaft
- High Flow Intake Manifold with Polished Upper
- Carbon Fiber Coil Covers and Crinkle Black Valve Covers
- Adapted Dodge Viper Competition Coupe Rear Wing and Front Splitter
- Michelin Racing Slicks, 18" in front and 19" in back
- 6 point racing restraints
- Viper "Driver's Stripe" paint scheme

The results? Well besides one of the most stunning Vipers ever to greet the public, it also satisfies the Viper faithful. With a few Mopar Performance parts and some additional internal engine tweaks the car makes an incredible 675 horsepower, with the torque climbing even more – from the impressive stock 2008 number of 560 ft lbs to a mind-boggling 650 ft lbs. You would be hard-pressed to find another exotic from any continent making those kind of numbers.

Will these modifications ever make it to a production car? SRT will not comment on future product. But if what is shown here can be done by visiting your local Mopar parts counter, we already like what we see. Blue Devil shmevil!

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
Wicked.
I just hope it would come from the factory built this way as the new ACR instead of being dealer installed options.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Wicked.
I just hope it would come from the factory built this way as the new ACR instead of being dealer installed options.

Not initially...for sure. The strong rumor is that the '09 model (out early '08) will be factory made this way. The '08 will be available to be "made" this way...through dealer or individual.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I love it, except for the skinny red stripe. I was looking to do something like this to mine. I wanted to do flat black, extra wide racing stripes, and flat black wheels. Glad to see something close to what I wanted to do, look so damn mean!:devil

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I've never been a Viper man but if they build one like that, I'll buy it. That's one hooligan looking car!

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Colors? You want colors?? Here is the full run of available color options for the new Viper.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Colors? You want colors?? Here is the full run of available color options for the new Viper.

i'll take the black with grey stripes. 3rd row down, 1 from the end........

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
i'll take the black with grey stripes. 3rd row down, 1 from the end........

Is that Lambo green or Pea Green? :ack

I still love the original '96 Viper Coupe Blue with the white stripes. My favorite factory car color combo ever.

The Black white Red stripes (like Lambo Man's) is pretty hot also. :thumbsup

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Hey Tim. I'll bet when you started a Viper thread here...you wouldn't have thought it would be one of the highest response threads in months. Alot of GT owners have Vipers!! Great thread.

No kidding!!! I am shocked!!! But I guess I should have known, as you see in my post that started this thread, one of our members asked the question, "Do all you guys own Vipers?". Maybe at the end of this thread we all WILL own a Viper.:biggrin :biggrin

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

By the way, in my typical fashion, I always think of one more point after I post a reply. I forgot that with all the great pictures, I never posted a shot of my Viper - 2006 FE #176/200. Here it is.

Attachments

• IMGP0821.jpg
    IMGP0821.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 94

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I have #72 of 200... Hennessey 600R package at 580 rwhp.

Here are a couple of pics...

L0M5557-2.jpg

L0M5641-2.jpg

it and my 97 GTS 650R together...

Last edited: