I'll go wherever the tracks have no noise limitations - :lol

Utah works for me! :thumbsup

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Its always good to visit other places, but Utah was really great. I would go back gladly if thats what is decided.:thumbsup

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
I would only go back to Miller if the rally were held in the cooler months because 3 laps at a time without overheating is no fun. I am working on the cooling issue but have not solved it as yet. Running the normal race configuration would also make more sense because the laps would be shorter and the track would be easier to learn. I would prefer Sears Point (Infineon)
because it is more challenging (can you say elevation changes) and there are so many places to visit in the area.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Need to mix it up. Loved Miller, and would love to drive it again, But there are lots of other great tracks also (as you know of course), not to mention the areas that surround them.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Need to mix it up. Loved Miller, and would love to drive it again, But there are lots of other great tracks also (as you know of course), not to mention the areas that surround them.

Well said!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Loved Utah, but not sure it's a good idea to do same place two years in a row...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
September would be my choice for the rally.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
The draw of the rally is that it moves each year. I've been able to drive some great parts of the country, that while I've been for work, have never been able to drive and enjoy.

If you put the rally is September I think you will lose some attendance. Remember school starts late August so it makes it difficult on those of us with young kids.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN

I agree with above.

And I really liked Miller! Perhaps a repeat in the future when a "west" venue is again presented.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Vegas!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Just post where it will be and the dates as early as possible so I can make arrangements to be there. Have car will follow (unless your too slow, then I will pass you). Have a great time at the rallies thanks to all the hard work and preparation Dave puts into them.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Just post where it will be and the dates as early as possible so I can make arrangements to be there. Have car will follow (unless your too slow, then I will pass you). Have a great time at the rallies thanks to all the hard work and preparation Dave puts into them.

What Blake said.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I beleive that moving the Rally to a different area is best to allow more GT owners to attend. The time/travel required to attend the Rally is not always availiable for many GT owners. And for most of the Texas and Florida owners, traveling over 500 to 750 miles seems to be the limit they are willing to go.

And has been said prior "there are many tracks and locals to left to explore in our GT's".

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Ohio is sort of centrally located and in June, the Ohio Cobra Club hosts a fun event in London Ohio with over 200 Cobras and the Strawberry Festival. It is close to the Mid-Ohio Race Track where they usually are conducting historic races at the same time as the London event. Check it out on line http://www.londoncobrashow.com/ . Maybe folks would like to join forces for a Ford GT and Cobra event. They usually have Daytona Coupes and GT-40 replicas at the event also.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm up for anywhere. The more suggestions the better.

The demand for California will always be high. Perfect weather, great roads, a general lack of critters, lots to do, an abundance of first class lodging and dining. Most importantly, the biggest group of the owners are there. It's simply more conducive to events that involve driving. You just can't beat driving on beautiful roads in good weather without the risk of hitting the entire cast of Bambi. I'm worn out from trailering 1800 miles at a time, but I get enough driving from stoplight to stoplight in traffic while dodging and squirrels in Detroit.

The bulk of our owners are in California, Texas and Florida. We would also always get a big turnout in Vegas because it's Vegas. Miller was fantastic because the logistics of getting from point A to B were simple.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I too am getting worn out regarding 'trailering.' Margaret and I have not missed a single Rallye and we don't plan to miss, but three to four days of 750 miles each day --towing out ....and then towing back to Detroit, is loosing its mystique..

I put in a general vote for "East of the Mississippi" . It would really be nice to just drive one day to the rallye in the FGT from Detoit and have a suitcase shipped....ie NO Trailer needed. The idea of Ohio sounds nice..
AJB (andy)

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Barber. It is halfway between TX and FL... sorta. :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I've also just had an epiphany on an additional Rally plan and will spend this weekend working on it. It could be ridiculous.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I've also just had an epiphany on an additional Rally plan and will spend this weekend working on it. It could be ridiculous.
RIDICULOUS is always interesting.......