Next rally

GO BACK TO UTAH ?

• Total voters

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes but w a 93 db max correct? I would LOVE LRP beautiful!! I can get there for the day from home (been there MANY MANY MANY times). Doubt it would ever happen. Nice slow track with lots of runoff...... (NOT!!!, very very fast, not forgiving at all...)

We may want to consider Lime Rock Park in CT.:confused

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Yes but w a 93 db max correct? I would LOVE LRP beautiful!! I can get there for the day from home (been there MANY MANY MANY times). Doubt it would ever happen. Nice slow track with lots of runoff...... (NOT!!!, very very fast, not forgiving at all...)

There are a few days a year the Laguna Seca has a higher sound limit. However they are usually reserved for professional racing events. I doubt than many would pass the 93 limit without lifting near the sound meter on turn 6.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
He was talking about Lime Rock. But odds are high against doing any place with a decibel limit. Ford had to use turn downs when testing stock FGTs at Laguna, so we'd be toast. We have guys that would be tripping the limits from the parking lot across the street.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Here's an additional question: what location interests you that isn't within 300 miles of your own house?

Except for Thunderhill Raceway (Willows, CA) and Reno-Fernley Raceway (Fernley, NV), about every track is farther than 300 miles. However, Dave, I'll run on any track you choose, as long as they'll accommodate my FRPP exhaust system - :lol

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Didn't you say you've been booted from Sears Point for dba?

I drove the GT to Sears Point on Saturday to spectate a NASA pro race.

I can drive there on sound limited days but I have to go a gear higher & with a lighter foot around the sound meter corner (turn 11). If we ever rent the track lets see what an open sound day would cost & see if everyone is willing to chip in for the added fee.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Laguna Seca is my personal choice. Classic track and almost always cool weather - rare for CA and most other places in the summer. The only thing it lacks is a classic looonng straightaway, if that's what floats your boat. North of the GG bridge, Infineon is an option. Lots of elevation changes but typically warmer. However some of the finest dining, wines and lodging on the planet.
If the group were to pick Laguna Seca (well, Mazda Raceway actually), I'd be happy to help out as a relative local.
That said, and unless I missed, I'm still intrigued to hear the 'ridiculous' option :)

92db = Laguna Seca

A stock Viper off the showroom floor will not pass 92db on a typical Laguna morning.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
There are 90db, 92db & open sound days at Laguna (Mazda Raceway) Seca. You chose which day you (your wallet) would like.

Ed

PS Thunderhill & Sears Point can be driven quiet past the meter but it won't work at Laguna as they will black flag you if they think you are lifting or going a gear higher (lower rpm).

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
There are 90db, 92db & open sound days at Laguna (Mazda Raceway) Seca. You chose which day you (your wallet) would like.

Ed

PS Thunderhill & Sears Point can be driven quiet past the meter but it won't work at Laguna as they will black flag you if they think you are lifting or going a gear higher (lower rpm).

Ed, I think most here are running an X-pipe with stock cats, would this get us busted on the db meter at these tracks?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed, I think most here are running an X-pipe with stock cats, would this get us busted on the db meter at these tracks?

I think you'll be ok with that setup at T-hill & Sears but not 92db Laguna.

Ed

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
open sound days at Laguna (Mazda Raceway) Seca. You chose which day you (your wallet) would like.

Is that really an option?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
However, Dave, I'll run on any track you choose, as long as they'll accommodate my FRPP exhaust system - :lol

It wouldn't be the same without the loud ass number 2. I have as much fun watching you and the other maniacs with the louder-than-race-car street cars driving around as I do driving myself.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I know that the loudness is a substitute for something!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Is that really an option?

There are a limited number of open sound days available for purchase at Laguna.

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
There are a limited number of open sound days available for purchase at Laguna.

Ed

I wonder what the price premium is. It is a wonderful track and I am sure with the number of attendees the cost could be covered. I don't think anyone is going to take the shortcut on turn 7. :lol

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I wonder what the price premium is. It is a wonderful track and I am sure with the number of attendees the cost could be covered. I don't think anyone is going to take the shortcut on turn 7. :lol

Big bucks I guess unless there is a cancellation, etc.

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Big bucks I guess unless there is a cancellation, etc.

Ed

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/track-rentals

Track Rental Fees
Anticipated Associated Costs

Track fees are all-inclusive and include the paddock, classroom, six radios and the public restrooms in the Garage/Suite building.

Track & Paddock Rental Fees:
•November - April ◦Monday - Thursday - $8,000
◦Friday - Sunday - $10,000

•May - October ◦Monday - Thursday - $15,000
◦Friday - Sunday - $15,000

Team practice days are available at an unlimited sound level. These track days rent for $12,500.00 per day, plus associated costs, such as insurance, workers and ambulances, etc. These days are exclusively for teams that need to practice for a scheduled event here.

There is a maximum of 30 vehicles or motorcycles permitted on track at any one time. Additional fees of $2,000 per day for 31-35 per race group are also available.

Associated Track/Paddock Rental Costs:
•Track Rental Supervisor - $200.00 per day - Direct pay day of rental
•Sound Tester - $100.00 per day - Direct pay day of rental
•Independent Turn Workers/Track Worker - $100.00 per day/per person
•Gate Workers - $100.00 per day/per person
•Paddock Camping (Club Rate) - $1,000.00 per night
•Radios (additional) Peninsula Communications - Direct
•Standby ALS Ambulance American Medical Response - Direct
•Standby Fire Crew/Truck (Salinas Rural Fire Dept.) - $1,800.00 (Approx.) per day
•Standby Tow Truck - $800.00 (Approx) per day
•Fuel Available ◦Unleaded Premium 91 Octane - $5/Gallon
◦Race Gas 110 Octane Leaded - $8/Gallon
◦Race Gas 71 Octane Unleaded - $8/Gallon

All checks are payable to Monterey County Parks.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
FYI for Sears Point, just trying to be helpful. :lol

Note that Sears Point can also be used as a drag strip as well. Just think one day on a road course followed by the next day and the drag races.

I love to see Mullet line up against Soroush for pinks.

I mean pink underwear, the loser models for youtube! :lol

http://www.infineonraceway.com/raceway/rental/information/

Track Rental Information

Infineon Raceway is available on a rental basis and typically must be reserved at least six months to one year in advance. Occasionally dates do become available on short notice.

The main track layout is a 2.52-mile, 12-turn road course. Infineon Raceway also features a world famous quarter-mile drag strip.

Rates vary depending on the season and additional costs include (but are not limited to): ambulance, fire safety crew, security, turn workers and insurance. Infineon Raceway is located just 35 minutes north of San Francisco at the intersection of Highways 37 and 121.

To inquire about availability, rates or additional information, please call Jerry Wheeler at 707-933-3980.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I bet Soroush has a pink g string!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I bet Soroush has a pink g string!

I wouldn't know, but Stunts has a pink tutu. :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Team practice days are available at an unlimited sound level. These track days rent for $12,500.00 per day, plus associated costs, such as insurance, workers and ambulances, etc. These days are exclusively for teams that need to practice for a scheduled event here.

I don't think we qualify as a team.