Next rally

GO BACK TO UTAH ?

• Total voters

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
What about a re-visit to Dearborn? Would FoMoCo like to see a gathering of its premier car owners? And, Mid-Ohio is less than 3 hours away (155 miles). We could locate at Mid-Ohio for 2 days and relocate to visit Ford, the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village for a couple more and throw in a cruise.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Can you say US 1 and Laguna Seca?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What about a re-visit to Dearborn? Would FoMoCo like to see a gathering of its premier car owners? And, Mid-Ohio is less than 3 hours away (155 miles). We could locate at Mid-Ohio for 2 days and relocate to visit Ford, the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village for a couple more and throw in a cruise.

I actually talked to Jim Farley about this earlier this week. Even if we don't do it next year, I'd really like to do it in the next 2-3 years. He said he would check on what the OGC would be willing to tolerate if they allowed us on MPG. It probably wouldn't be much, but it's worth a shot.

Re-locating is too hard for a lot of people with luggage and guests.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I had to miss this year due to timing issues - I was taking our daughter back to university, so my vote is anywhere so long as its a little later in the year (or earlier). I don't mind long drives in the GT but understand if other folk wish to avoid it. for what its worth, Pittsburgh has a really cool vintage grand prix and car rally in Schenley Park during July (I think). Would be fun if we could flange up with this event, although there's certainly many others.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I didn't vote for it in the survey but Dearborn sounds good to me.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I actually talked to Jim Farley about this earlier this week. Even if we don't do it next year, I'd really like to do it in the next 2-3 years. He said he would check on what the OGC would be willing to tolerate if they allowed us on MPG. It probably wouldn't be much, but it's worth a shot.

Like this idea. FYI for OGC, MPG works for Aston Martin, there should be a way to swing it.

Farley would have been 'on-board' if he had a GT. :shrug

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Seems to me the Midwest is due. I've attended every Rally and will keep attending no matter where. It's the only real vacation I get. Birmingham might be nice, never been to the track. Never tried Newton, Iowa either.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I would absolutely attend if it were at Miller. Most likely would attend a western or midwestern, but would not a east coast - just too far.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have said many times love to go back to Detroit. As it is halloween, the thought of doing ghost tours of wixom, and SSV seem appropriate......

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Wine country, Pacific Coast Hwy, Sears Point Raceway, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Sierra Nevada mountains & more!!! All within a 1 to 4 hour drive of each other.
August to September is 99% chance of no rain in NorCal. Anywhere other than CA or the SW will be 50:50 chance of rain for the Rally.

Ed

PS I went to Sears Point yesterday & on a fun drive today in the foothills. 80 degrees & sunny here in NorCal!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wine country, Pacific Coast Hwy, Sears Point Raceway, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Sierra Nevada mountains & more!!! All within a 1 to 4 hour drive of each other.
August to September is 99% chance of no rain in NorCal. Anywhere other than CA or the SW will be 50:50 chance of rain for the Rally.

Ed

PS I went to Sears Point yesterday & on a fun drive today in the foothills. 80 degrees & sunny here in NorCal!

Didn't you say you've been booted from Sears Point for dba?

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Ditto Wine Country!! Beautiful-lots to see and do.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Here's an additional question: what location interests you that isn't within 300 miles of your own house?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Here's an additional question: what location interests you that isn't within 300 miles of your own house?

You have such a fun job!

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Rally Location

We may want to consider Lime Rock Park in CT.:confused
Great lodging and excellent touring roads.:thumbsup:driving:
The folks who run the track are very accommodating to car clubs.:usa

Alternating between the east & west coast areas seems fair. However, I will gladly trailer to Sears Point and the beautiful S.F. Bay area.:biggrin
With so many wonderful places in the U.S. it is not necessary to go back to the same place twice.......:ack

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Seems to me the Midwest is due. I've attended every Rally and will keep attending no matter where. It's the only real vacation I get. Birmingham might be nice, never been to the track. Never tried Newton, Iowa either.

+ 1 Barber is a beautiful facility

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

vegas!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
As it is halloween, the thought of doing ghost tours of wixom, and SSV seem appropriate......

Come on out - I can set you up. And be careful of what you wish.... :biggrin

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
What location interests you that isn't within 300 miles of your own house?

I guess you must also stay awake nights torturing yourself... :lol:lol

So, here it is ....

Back to MMP, BUT, this time unfettered access (read: reasonable economics) to the Boss Track Attack fleet or FR500 equivalents. Damn fine place!

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Laguna Seca is my personal choice. Classic track and almost always cool weather - rare for CA and most other places in the summer. The only thing it lacks is a classic looonng straightaway, if that's what floats your boat. North of the GG bridge, Infineon is an option. Lots of elevation changes but typically warmer. However some of the finest dining, wines and lodging on the planet.
If the group were to pick Laguna Seca (well, Mazda Raceway actually), I'd be happy to help out as a relative local.
That said, and unless I missed, I'm still intrigued to hear the 'ridiculous' option :)

Can you say US 1 and Laguna Seca?

Last edited: