Ford GT Forum 200 mph Club & Standing Mile Results

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
When time allows, I'm in at 210.1, Mojave Mile extended run. Thanks!

Done.

So after the last Mojave Mile my husband comes home telling me of this great couple he spent the weekend with and how I am going to have to drive in the next event. Hmmmm.....I have no desire to drive so I tell him. His response is to bribe me with a new digital camera that I have been wanting if I go. Well we settled that issue well didn't we.

Then Terry and Monica came out to visit us in Las Vegas. To say that Monica and I hit if off would be an understatement. To quote Forrest Gump, "We went together like peas and carrots". The whole weekend she kept encouraging me about how fun it was going to be to have another girl driving and that it would be the best time. Well over our next few visits together my Monica bond grew, but my overall desire to drive did not. I went into the weekend expecting fun with the people more than fun with the driving.

Oh was I wrong. The driving was insanely fun. I admit I was nervous at first. I did my qual pass at 143 and then Tom sent me right back out for my next pass. Nerves still in effect I ran a 198.5. Man I was having fun, but I thought about taking a break. I tried to get out of the car, but my husband would not allow it. I had to go right back out. He teased me to stop acting like a girl, and then propped my confidence with some sound advice. Boom, 209.6!!! I love this stuff.

Exhausted and spent I got out of the car and all of my friends, new and old, were waiting for me. Congrats and hugs were everywhere. Then the next day in the regular mile I improved over the shorter distance to 212.6. I am hooked. I have been pestering Tom since then about when we are going to organize another special event. He keeps telling me to relax, but I am just so excited. Thanks to all of my new friends I made this weekend and to Terry and Monica. Monica it is great to join you as a 200mph woman and I can't wait till we all go out and do it again. I think I scared Tom though when I told him I wanted my own car. So here I am. Please add me to this special list that I hope to be climbing soon.

Attachments

• _MG_4154.jpg
    _MG_4154.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 234

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Summer asked me to upload a few extra photos as her account is still new. Here they are. I could not be prouder of her efforts this weekend!!

Way to go babe!!!

Attachments

• Summer 212.6.jpg
    Summer 212.6.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 236
  • group 3.jpg
    group 3.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 225
  • group 2.jpg
    group 2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Group 1.jpg
    Group 1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 233

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Summer, you and Tom got matching Race Suits? Awwwww, now THAT'S love!!! How sweet!!! 212.6 MPH, oh yeah Summer, you earned that ride. Congrats!!!

Tom, it's sweet for her, for you, I'm saving my teasing and taunting for the next time we get together!! LOL Yaya, I know, she earned it, 212.6 MPH!!! That's one fast ride!!!

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Congratulations to everyone who participated. It sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly and drove away with memories, and friendships, that will last a lifetime. This is absolutely what it is all about.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
So after the last Mojave Mile my husband comes home telling me of this great couple he spent the weekend with and how I am going to have to drive in the next event. Hmmmm.....I have no desire to drive so I tell him. His response is to bribe me with a new digital camera that I have been wanting if I go. Well we settled that issue well didn't we.

Then Terry and Monica came out to visit us in Las Vegas. To say that Monica and I hit if off would be an understatement. To quote Forrest Gump, "We went together like peas and carrots". The whole weekend she kept encouraging me about how fun it was going to be to have another girl driving and that it would be the best time. Well over our next few visits together my Monica bond grew, but my overall desire to drive did not. I went into the weekend expecting fun with the people more than fun with the driving.

Oh was I wrong. The driving was insanely fun. I admit I was nervous at first. I did my qual pass at 143 and then Tom sent me right back out for my next pass. Nerves still in effect I ran a 198.5. Man I was having fun, but I thought about taking a break. I tried to get out of the car, but my husband would not allow it. I had to go right back out. He teased me to stop acting like a girl, and then propped my confidence with some sound advice. Boom, 209.6!!! I love this stuff.

Exhausted and spent I got out of the car and all of my friends, new and old, were waiting for me. Congrats and hugs were everywhere. Then the next day in the regular mile I improved over the shorter distance to 212.6. I am hooked. I have been pestering Tom since then about when we are going to organize another special event. He keeps telling me to relax, but I am just so excited. Thanks to all of my new friends I made this weekend and to Terry and Monica. Monica it is great to join you as a 200mph woman and I can't wait till we all go out and do it again. I think I scared Tom though when I told him I wanted my own car. So here I am. Please add me to this special list that I hope to be climbing soon.

I love you, Summer! :thumbsup
Almost more fun than shopping :banana....well, almost! :lol :rofl
Monica

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Summer......

I absolutely love the part where you said the first run you did 143 then the next one BAM!!!! 198

I knew you were hooked at that point.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
We were all hooked at that point !

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hi Chip,
I noticed, Mrs. Skyrex (Summer), hasn't yet been added to the 200+mph list.

Here are her fastest runs:
209.6 mph on the Ford GT 200mph Club extended mile day. :biggrin
212.6 mph on the Mojave Mile (standing mile day). :thumbsup

I can't wait to see my fellow speedy girl up on the list!! :banana

Thank you very much!
Monica

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Chip Sandman's brother drove one of Sandman's cars to a 211.X during the Mojave event. It was a GenII Whipple car. He edged out Sandman by 1 MPH.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Chip Sandman's brother drove one of Sandman's cars to a 211.X during the Mojave event. It was a GenII Whipple car. He edged out Sandman by 1 MPH.

I am pretty sure there are at least a couple of more Forum members who made the list but have yet to post. (Does sandman's brother have a Forum name) Once I have the final results (hopefully today) I will scan for any Forum members not on the list and post their names and best run times exactly that way the list can be updated. I also think there were at least 6 or 7 non-Forum members who got in 200mph runs. Lots of speed floating around on that day.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Summer......

I absolutely love the part where you said the first run you did 143 then the next one BAM!!!! 198

I knew you were hooked at that point.

Terry and Monica stopped by to watch vids and have lunch yesterday. Summer is very hooked. There are two turn offs on standing mile events when braking. To make the first one you have to do a "Texas Mile Stop". Well Summer got confused on the flags and has done something I have not. Performed a Texas Mile stop from 204.6, which has only encouraged her more. "Are you sure we can't make the Texas event??" was a question I got a couple of days ago. :lol

To top it off she joked that she wanted her own GT after the event so we would not have to share. I asked her strictly out of curiousity what color?? "I really like the Heritage ones now that I have seen them in person. Kelvin's is really great." :eek Typical woman, unknowingly picking the most expensive color out there. Thanks for that AlohaGT. :lol

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Terry and Monica stopped by to watch vids and have lunch yesterday. Summer is very hooked. There are two turn offs on standing mile events when braking. To make the first one you have to do a "Texas Mile Stop". Well Summer got confused on the flags and has done something I have not. Performed a Texas Mile stop from 204.6, which has only encouraged her more. "Are you sure we can't make the Texas event??" was a question I got a couple of days ago. :lol

To top it off she joked that she wanted her own GT after the event so we would not have to share. I asked her strictly out of curiousity what color?? "I really like the Heritage ones now that I have seen them in person. Kelvin's is really great." :eek Typical woman, unknowingly picking the most expensive color out there. Thanks for that AlohaGT. :lol

looks like the Mojave Mile is going to cost you $180,000 plus a TT kit install.

lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

lol

Wow and I thought wives only wanted diamonds.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008

lol

Wow and I thought wives only wanted diamonds.

:bored........................:lol :cheers

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I think Chip said it best... "most expensive t shirt I ever bought."
Skyrex, we had a great time watching the replays. Couldn't stop talking about it all the way home. Maybe she will settle for an Audi R8.:biggrin

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/1005_everest_for_wheels_200_mph_quest/index.html

Just to put into perspective what this incredible car we have does, these cars were using the entire runway, we were were hitting these speeds in just over a third of that distance!:thumbsup:banana

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Great link! Can you imagine what the TT cars would have done using the full length of the runway? 260s or more? Wow. Ray's car; 300s? At that point, stopping becomes a real issue :)

Given what happened in the clip, it seems that the Lambo and Ferrari at our event did a pretty good job given the shorter run; as I recall, they were in the 190s. Cool.

FORD GT RULES!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Great link! Can you imagine what the TT cars would have done using the full length of the runway? 260s or more? Wow. Ray's car; 300s? At that point, stopping becomes a real issue :)

Given what happened in the clip, it seems that the Lambo and Ferrari at our event did a pretty good job given the shorter run; as I recall, they were in the 190s. Cool.

FORD GT RULES!

That last 5 or 10mph will take several more miles for those cars to achieve. We have really incredible capabilities with the Ford GT and there are very few cars at any price that can accomplish what this car does with relative ease. :thumbsup

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
I am pretty sure there are at least a couple of more Forum members who made the list but have yet to post. (Does sandman's brother have a Forum name) Once I have the final results (hopefully today) I will scan for any Forum members not on the list and post their names and best run times exactly that way the list can be updated. I also think there were at least 6 or 7 non-Forum members who got in 200mph runs. Lots of speed floating around on that day.

Me 210.3 Whipple 3.90's
My LITTLE brother (Raptor Guy) 211 something...Whipple, stock gears.