Why Has HHGT Been Put On Permanet Vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
Why is a forum member put on "permanet vacation" . My daily routine is to view all new and recent post on our forum, interestingly enough noticed that HHGT, has been put on "Permanet Vacation". I have not spoken with Sam, I will try and reach out to him today.

I have known Sam for a couple years,He has a heart of gold,he is always out there setting up meeting places, helping other forum members, extended his welcome to me when I was in California, what would cause a standing member to be banned?

Is this over the recent post with the pictures . This needs to be revisited by the moderators.

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
Apparently the freedom of expression is not a right on this forum. :confused

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
He's on a 7 day vacation for continued failure to adhere to the policy of not starting posts that are political in nature. We've discussed this, and he stands by the decision. It will likely get shortened for good behavior and time served. We all know each other in real life, so it's not like we take any pleasure in doling out vacations to friends.

If you want to talk politics and start people in on Mexicans who can't pay their mortgages or David Letterman ragging on Sarah Palin, do it elsewhere. Since it seems to be the only thing that keeps people from attempting to run rampant, let me remind you that Bony and I had the conversation many times that the only reason he personally stayed on this forum as opposed to others was because it didn't devolve into a bunch of people calling each other cocksucking mother****er 100 times a day over political policy arguments. And you can go to Huffington Post and see who we both gave our money to in the election cycle. That snowball will remain at the top of the mountain, because once it is rolling, it does not stop.

I am done arguing about this, and I'm done warning "no more warnings" 500 times. If you want to get involved in politics, do it in real life, not *this* car forum.

Good times if you want to have civil discussions. Coming soon to Ford GT Forum?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
That is Classic VA.......

If anyone can't view that thread then please join VA so you can see what DBK is talking about.

With that said....please bring back Sam A.S.A.P.:driving:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
DBK,
THANK YOU for keeping politics off the forum (this is in general - not pertaining to HHGT).

I'd much rather have a nice chat with folks about cars, mods, and other positive things.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
If its not GT realted,

it should be about beer, booty, babes

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

Here Here! :cheers

As for HH, I am sure he will be back soon enough. Hes probably ridding around in a BMW wearing his speedo! HH is a FAMILY member.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
DBK - thanks for keeping the snowball on the mountaintop.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Wow, you guys are quick to rally against an old forum member. I do not know the circumstances involved in HHGT's suspension and don't feel that it is any of my business.

However, I really wish that we didn't air out our dirty laundry this way. This is Dave's forum and he does and should manage it the way he feels is best. However, I have been rather disappointed with the manner in which long time members are being "corrected" here. This entire thread, along with many other post should just be deleted... IMHO.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If its not GT realted,

I think posts should be related to

1. FGTs
2. Cars (BMWs included, government auto policies questionable)
3. If none of above beer, booze and booty and headlights!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It's very easy to get all the politics you want or ever care to hear on all the national television and radio stations across the USA. Lets please leave this Forum to what it was originally designed. Leave the snowball at the top of the mountain forever! Tomy Hamon

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
This entire thread, along with many other post should just be deleted... IMHO.

I'll second that.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I have a rule at my shop, no one talks about politics or religion. Keeps the guys from wrestling on the floor. :lol

John

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
However, I really wish that we didn't air out our dirty laundry this way. This is Dave's forum and he does and should manage it the way he feels is best. However, I have been rather disappointed with the manner in which long time members are being "corrected" here. This entire thread, along with many other post should just be deleted... IMHO.

I agree, and 99% of the time I just delete all political stuff. However, ninja deleting stuff and making repeated posts asking that people refrain from starting politically oriented topics has not worked. I've been disappointed having to constantly babysit topics and delete threads in which people attempt to toe the line. This is not directed at any specific person.

I'm just tired of it dude. If I have to end my participation in the site and just be the silent police, I'll do it, but this is in no way fun for me at this point.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
DBK: Hang in there. We agree with your stance.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I agree... hang in there buddy...

want a politics fix... turn on the news for 1/2 hour or less and get your fill....

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I just wanted to apologize for responding to said deleted thread..... It did stir the pot a little and it got my mind wondering........

I went back to look for it later and it was gone...... I was like, what up with my computer!!!!

.... then I found this thread.......

DBK, I have read your posts and somehow got sucked in to responding to some of the political stuff...... Very sorry.....

Obviously, I totally agree with you on this.... it can start as a bacteria the spreads quickly and strongly...... we definitely don't want that here......

Keeping it real :thumbsup

L8R :cheers

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I'm another member who has stepped over the political line a couple times and been deleted, as I should have been.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Three things you never talk about ;politics,relgion and sex,because everyone has a different opinion on all of them.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Here Here! :cheers

As for HH, I am sure he will be back soon enough. Hes probably ridding around in a BMW wearing his speedo! HH is a FAMILY member.

That is a mental picture I'm trying to forget!:eek:ack

Status
Not open for further replies.