whipple 4.0

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
p.s. EP thought he drove his car adequately.

Uh, no. Actually, he had no such delusions...

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Chris Amon who won the 66 lemans in the black GT40 lives 15 mins from me and in a way I built our GT as a tribute to Chris Amon and with talking to him about what they found out when developing the original GT40s cooling was a major factor in there reliability hense the oil cooler scoop between the brake cooling scoops.with our supercharged engines cooling is even more crucial for us as we only do long distance races i.e. 4hr to 12hrs.

ps I still think the original design of our GTs is second to none for what Ford designed it to do. some of us are just pushing the design to the limit.
:cheers
Neil

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
look at the pics in post #203 it shows the cold air box around the filters.
The coolers are feed cold air from the scoops on the clamshell

Right, don't know how I missed that. Thanks for the pix, so cool :thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Either way it looks great to me!

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Thanks to Dustin and Dennis at Whipple I have sucessfuly compleated the installation on the new 4.0 Supercharger. They were great thru the whole process. This is the way my car is equiped for the results I am about to tell you. 4.0 Supercharger, stock exhaust manifolds that have been extrude honed, Heffner cat back pipe, Aquafab throtal body, sleve, Mafia, fuel pump booster, K&N filters, 105 octane fuel and modified air box.
Not to boar you with all of the numberous dyno runs and adjustments this is what we came up with. At a conservative 6,400 RPM, 19.65 LBS of boost, 18 degrees of timming we achieved 785.98 RWHP and 726.83 LBS of torque on a Dynojet. Our injectors were maxed out at 99.2 so we could not throw any more fuel or timming at it. We were going to remove the filters and do another pull but my tech feared a lean condition. I also modified my air box so as to get more clean air from the vents in the clamshell. My next step is to replace the injectors and throw more fuel and timming at it, we hope to achieve 820- 850 RWHP.
IT IS ONE BAD ASS RIDE, I CANNOT WATE TO GET INTO A STREET RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a preview of my next addition,

Attachments

• ford gt 4.0 002.jpg
    ford gt 4.0 002.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 335
  • ford gt 4.0 003.jpg
    ford gt 4.0 003.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 337
  • ford gt 4.0 004.jpg
    ford gt 4.0 004.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 337

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
IT IS ONE BAD ASS RIDE, I CANNOT WATE TO GET INTO A STREET RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully we will not be reading about any unintended consequences stemming from same...

"Descretion is the better part of valor."

Be CAREFUL out there...

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Congrats on the numbers... very impressive. Did you get those numbers on 105 or pump gas?

Also, for anyone to answer: what is the expected fuel pressure on the stock GT system?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Congrats on the numbers... very impressive. Did you get those numbers on 105 or pump gas?

Also, for anyone to answer: what is the expected fuel pressure on the stock GT system?

Target RAP is 39 psi unless changed in the calibration.

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado

That was 105 race fuel we are using. Pump gas is about 23 HP less.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I see that you cheated and are running nitrous to get that power.

http://www.reddi-wip.com/real_cream.html

reddiwip_comparison.jpg

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And I thought I'd seen everything.

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
I see that you cheated and are running nitrous to get that power.

http://www.reddi-wip.com/real_cream.html

reddiwip_comparison.jpg

Actualy, the power comes from the Whip cream. Joe and Barbie use the laughing gas for kicks!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime

Whipple 21 psi, Penske's, Ceramic coated Ford Racing headers and muffler 792RWHP on 93 octane.... with the second generation Whipple 3ltr:wink

pretty much feel the car is maxed out with this, need to change the brakes though.. Had it in Monza for an afternoon on the track, and boys, the plastic piece around the exhaust thru hole melted... ! For whom it is interesting, the car was glued onto the track around the Parabolica curve I just nailed everyone else, had to get off the gas just before the start and finish, to make it with the brakes at the end of the straight, ate the brakepads and needed to stay off the curbs cause the car is so heavy it hurt to smash it on them like I love to do with the Challenge Stradale..:rofl

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
My 4.0 just landed this morning. Now to see how long takes to get installed. I hope my tuner does not have one of his usual backlogs....

EDIT: Seems I need a new belt, as the old one from the 3.4l won't fit! Why does this stuff always happen to me, as if I haven't had enough delays with just getting 4.0! So again with the waiting game....

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Seems I need a new belt, as the old one from the 3.4l won't fit! Why does this stuff always happen to me, as if I haven't had enough delays with just getting 4.0! So again with the waiting game....

It doesn't come with the blower????????????

:frown :frown :frown

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
It doesn't come with the blower????????????

:frown :frown :frown

Nope no sign of it...:frown

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
My 4.0 just landed this morning. Now to see how long takes to get installed. I hope my tuner does not have one of his usual backlogs....

EDIT: Seems I need a new belt, as the old one from the 3.4l won't fit! Why does this stuff always happen to me, as if I haven't had enough delays with just getting 4.0! So again with the waiting game....

I sympathize with your frustration, hang in there!

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I sympathize with your frustration, hang in there!

Yeah thanks mate. It just seems there's always something when I'm trying to get stuff down with either my GT or Cobra that delays things way beyond what it should be. Insult to injury it took that long for me to get the 4.0 shipped and my car has been out of action now since June!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Nope no sign of it...:frown

I have an extra one. If you have any problems getting one let me know and I'll express this one out to you.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I have an extra one. If you have any problems getting one let me know and I'll express this one out to you.

No probs, but thanks. I just have to get a measurement to MMP so they can send the right one.