Thanks, Frank

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I guess I'll scan and email my docs.
On the form there is a question about "delivery location".
I assume this is the designation of a dealership where the car will be picked up.
Are you guys picking a dealer?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I guess I'll scan and email my docs.
On the form there is a question about "delivery location".
I assume this is the designation of a dealership where the car will be picked up.
Are you guys picking a dealer?

I just filled out, scanned and emailed back to Ford.
I didnt list a dealer as I dont know who will be certified in my area.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I just filled out, scanned and emailed back to Ford.
I didnt list a dealer as I dont know who will be certified in my area.

care to share questions on doc from ford just wondering what they asking but not asking any personal info

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
care to share questions on doc from ford just wondering what they asking but not asking any personal info

It's very simple - contact information, area of delivery/use, and then some initial impressions on a few options.

It's an initial contact to gather some introductory info on where the car will be used and what you might be thinking of ordering.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The forms were short and straightforward. A disclaimer/release in affidavit form and some preference/selection documents. Ford will send Welcome Guides next.

Dave beat me to it.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
It's very simple - contact information, area of delivery/use, and then some initial impressions on a few options.

It's an initial contact to gather some introductory info on where the car will be used and what you might be thinking of ordering.

thank you for info
wonder when they will ask for deposit and how much
mine only hope is some cant afford it and they go to next person on the list and pray that's me got my wire all ready

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Congrats peeps!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I was rejected...oh well...

Congratulations to all of you who were fortunate enough to be chosen!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Congrat's to all!.....I didn't make the cut but nothing to be bummed about as I see I'm in some pretty good company! :)

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Fred,

You have most eloquently expressed my exact feelings.

I came home late from work yesterday and didn't check my phone or emails till after 9 pm. My phone had a few texts from FGT buddies (you know who you are!) and then I checked in on the forum and saw the start of this thread. I subsequently checked my email and saw that I had been offered an allocation. I was quite shocked at first...sitting there staring at my iPad. Once it registered with me and I convinced Mary that it was for real, I definitely felt thankful, lucky, blessed, and mostly humbled. I wanted to celebrate somehow but being a work night, I had a small shot of tequila, and just sat there watching the posts roll in on this thread. It was certainly much more fun than watching results coming in on election night. The rest of the night was tossing and turning...the worst case of "configurator insomnia" ever seen. Definitely a first world problem, worrying about what cars to sell, in order to create garage and "salary cap" space.

Today was a full day of surgery and it has been a blur walking around on cloud 9. I'm exhausted but can now finally sit down and think about all this.

I refrained from posting initially as I was concerned that some of my friends, wonderful people I have come to know through this Forum, might not get the call. As DBK has explained, and Spirit has echoed, "keep throwing your hat in the ring". The selection process was unique for sure. Ford wanted to put these cars in the hands of enthusiasts.

I have enjoyed almost 11 years of ownership of my '05. The greatest pleasure has been sharing my joy of ownership with others. I plan to drive the heck out of the new FGT like I've done with my '05. The offer is open for any friend on the Forum to come drive it once it arrives in Fort Worth.

Thank you DBK for running a class act (our Forum) and for arranging top notch gatherings (Le Mans was off the hook!). Ownership has led to many lifelong friendships.
Raj, Thanks for gracing us with your well wishes in this thread. Thank you Ford for letting me be a caretaker of a magnificent machine!

Now its off to dinner with the Mrs. to celebrate....do I go Liquid Blue with orange stripes....or the Black #2?

Great post!! Congrats to you AJ and everyone! Looking forward to hearing more about the process and keeping my fingers crossed.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Unfortunately I got the dreaded rejection letter (after I finally found it in my spam file). Oh well, congratulations to all the lucky ones. I guess I'll just leave that $500K invested for the day when my luck changes. I still count myself as one of the luckiest people in the world just to have owned a couple of the previous generation GT's!

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Check with all the Alaskan people I know that applied, looks like there will be no new GT coming here.

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
No Luck for me I am afraid. Congratulations to those who have been lucky. I will have to hold out for the next allocation!

D one

FORD GT OWNER - PHILLIPINES
May 17, 2007
Thank you Ford GT HQ for giving me another chance to own another amazing car!

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Fred,

You have most eloquently expressed my exact feelings.

I came home late from work yesterday and didn't check my phone or emails till after 9 pm. My phone had a few texts from FGT buddies (you know who you are!) and then I checked in on the forum and saw the start of this thread. I subsequently checked my email and saw that I had been offered an allocation. I was quite shocked at first...sitting there staring at my iPad. Once it registered with me and I convinced Mary that it was for real, I definitely felt thankful, lucky, blessed, and mostly humbled. I wanted to celebrate somehow but being a work night, I had a small shot of tequila, and just sat there watching the posts roll in on this thread. It was certainly much more fun than watching results coming in on election night. The rest of the night was tossing and turning...the worst case of "configurator insomnia" ever seen. Definitely a first world problem, worrying about what cars to sell, in order to create garage and "salary cap" space.

Today was a full day of surgery and it has been a blur walking around on cloud 9. I'm exhausted but can now finally sit down and think about all this.

I refrained from posting initially as I was concerned that some of my friends, wonderful people I have come to know through this Forum, might not get the call. As DBK has explained, and Spirit has echoed, "keep throwing your hat in the ring". The selection process was unique for sure. Ford wanted to put these cars in the hands of enthusiasts.

I have enjoyed almost 11 years of ownership of my '05. The greatest pleasure has been sharing my joy of ownership with others. I plan to drive the heck out of the new FGT like I've done with my '05. The offer is open for any friend on the Forum to come drive it once it arrives in Fort Worth.

Thank you DBK for running a class act (our Forum) and for arranging top notch gatherings (Le Mans was off the hook!). Ownership has led to many lifelong friendships.
Raj, Thanks for gracing us with your well wishes in this thread. Thank you Ford for letting me be a caretaker of a magnificent machine!

Now its off to dinner with the Mrs. to celebrate....do I go Liquid Blue with orange stripes....or the Black #2?

Very happy you are getting one Doc, as I know you will get it out and about DFW often ! Great addition to your collection !

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
OK, if I counted correctly only 36 of us were lucky enough to get one so far.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Man, what an incredible journey it's been! The morning of January 12th 2015. I remember reading DBK's play by play posts of the GT reveal and watching the incredible live video of that beautiful blue beast as it roared onto the stage. By 3pm that afternoon, Danielle and I had flights for an emergency trip to Detroit, we just had to see this thing in person. We met up with Scott Ahlman, Dave Bannister, and a few other forum members to witness history in the making.

The next six months simply flew by. In June, we decided to follow DBK and Steve Nesta around France in case Ford had another big announcement at Le Mans. As fate would have it, they did, and it was a big one. Raj Nair, Mark Fields, Bill Ford, and Chip Ganassi announced that Ford would be back with a factory supported effort to enter the GT in the 24H of Le Mans, what an incredible commitment. A year later the IMSA season-opening race at Daytona came and went, then the 12 Hours of Sebring and LBC. After only 3 attempts, Ford snatched their first victory at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. In June, we somehow squeezed another trip to Europe in (this time with our GT), witnessed history once more with a 1st & 3rd place class victory at Le Mans...and now here we are, fewer than 20 months later, with a letter inviting us to continue the journey and offering what will surely be the opportunity of a lifetime.

To all the folks at Ford, a most sincere thank you. Thank you for the opportunity and thank you for building such an incredible machine. It is truly without rival.

Also to DBK, thank you for putting up with all of our shit (some more than others) and for maintaining this incredible forum that we all enjoy so much. Your next Arby's is on me brosef ;-)

Congrats, Matt!

W

Wheelin it

I got my letter, and I'm in.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Denied.