The NEW GT Key! All in one Key and Remote fob.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Remember, the original Andrew keys are collector's items and as such will be keeping them as part of my ever growing FGT collection.

Saves me buying 2 of the new ones, I reckon!

Aug 25, 2006
*** UPDATE ***

I share the following not as a concern but as a suggestion

Andrew was informed that one person had the key by a local locksmith and the results were less than stellar; it is as the result of this that I suggest that the dealer be used for this service as they typically have the key machine designed to be used with the all in one keys.

I have had three of the keys cut and all work flawlessly

Takes care

Shadowman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, ShadowMan, and to whose cars are they cut and matched? Pretty soon we'll be seeing "ShadowCars" for sale.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Any So Cal'ers get their keys cut yet? Where at and how much? I just rec'd my new key - thanks! I need to cut and program it...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Any So Cal'ers get their keys cut yet? Where at and how much? I just rec'd my new key - thanks! I need to cut and program it...

went to home depot, got it done today and the guy didnt even charge me!:thumbsup

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Key Cutting and Programming Instructions

For Anyone that's lost or can't find the instructions - here you go:

NEW GT KEY INSTRUCTIONS:

CUTTING THE KEY

Once you receive your key - try to have the key cut at a local FORD DEALER or reputable locksmith's shop.
Most locksmith's will have the proper equipment to have the key cut while still within the key shell.
If you are unable to have the key cut within the remote shell - by locksmith or key cutter you will need to remove the key blade.

(IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO HAVE THE KEY CUT WITHIN THE SHELL)

Please view this video that shows in detail the key blade removal process http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFSe8rpRoU8

PROGRAMMING THE KEY

You will be ready to program the key once it has been cut.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR TWO ORIGINAL GT KEYS AND REMOTES TO PROGRAM YOURSELF. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE BOTH ORIGINAL KEYS, A DEALER VISIT MAY BE REQUIRED FOR SECURTIY PURPOSES.

Once your key has been cut, test the key in to door lock, as well as the ignition to see if it turns smoothly (the car will not start yet!)

PROGRAMMING THE KEY FOR IGNITION:

Obtain 2 original GT keys (A and B).
- Insert key A into ignition switch.
- Turn ignition switch ON. Wait 1 second.
- Switch ignition OFF. Remove key A.
Within 5 seconds:
- Insert key B into ignition switch.
- Switch ignition OFF. Remove key B.
Within 10 seconds:
- Insert new GT key to be programmed into ignition switch.
- Switch ignition OFF.
Start engine. (REMEMBER TO USE START BUTTON!!)
If engine does not start and system warning lamp flashes:
Switch ignition OFF. Repeat programming procedure.
Repeat above procedure to program remaining keys.
Keys can also be programmed using diagnostic equipment.

PROGRAMMING THE REMOTE CONTROL BUTTONS:

Programming the Remote Buttons:
Once again you will need both original GT Keys + the new GT remote

1. Using one of the original GT keys, Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle (Beep) to confirm programming mode.

2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote (A). Door locks will cycle (beep) to confirm programming, then within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote (B). Door locks will cycle (beep) again to confirm programming, then within 20 seconds, press any button on New GT Key keyless remote (C). Door locks will cycle (beep) again

3. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle (beep) to indicate end of programming mode.

IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OR QUESTIONS OR NEED ANY HELP, PLEASE PM OR CALL ME

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Is it possible to disassemble the key (further than the youtube video indicates) so that the silver parts can be repainted easily? If so, a few quick instructions would be very helpful.

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Just received and opened my box-o-key. Three minutes later it was successfully programmed. Amazing. And a really nice piece.
No one who spots my keys will think I'm driving a rental anymore. Whew!
(Nice work. Many thanks).

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
went to home depot, got it done today and the guy didnt even charge me!:thumbsup

Did you test the functionality?

Sounds like a good option, I might just do that. I would think they should have good equipment, for the amount of volume they must do.

Thanks for the tip.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
I have tried to disassemble the key a bit more than what's shown in the video. I think it's a no go!! Your on your own for that venture :biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Did you test the functionality?

Sounds like a good option, I might just do that. I would think they should have good equipment, for the amount of volume they must do.

Thanks for the tip.

works fine Randy,

Lew

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2006
South Florida
Paypal for the GT Key just sent to droid@rogers.com
The pictures look awesome!

-Lew

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
For anyone who opened their key fob, is the battery plus sign facing up or down? signed nimble fingers.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
You have a 50/ 50 shot..... It will only work one way!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
BTW - my local Ford dealer did not charge me to cut the key. They also were able to leave it in the case (no disassembly). I'll program tonight when I get home.....

50/ 50 shot on the battery as I to don't remember if + was up but more than likely it is as the connector on the edge of the PC Board is for +

BTW - Andrew - I really thanks you for the tuxedo version being Silver and Black as it truly does match my Blk/ Slvr car perfectly!...

probably looks like shit with a red car though.................

a little influence by Shadowman eh?

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Battery Goes + side Down.... (Completely smooth side down)

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
BTW - my local Ford dealer did not charge me to cut the key. They also were able to leave it in the case (no disassembly). I'll program tonight when I get home.....

50/ 50 shot on the battery as I to don't remember if + was up but more than likely it is as the connector on the edge of the PC Board is for +

BTW - Andrew - I really thanks you for the tuxedo version being Silver and Black as it truly does match my Blk/ Slvr car perfectly!...

probably looks like shit with a red car though.................

a little influence by Shadowman eh?

I am starting to feel a little neglected here:bored Mike yours had to pass by Maryland to get to you so they should have dropped mine here before you got yours:biggrin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Key to happiness.

I am starting to feel a little neglected here:bored Mike yours had to pass by Maryland to get to you so they should have dropped mine here before you got yours. :biggrin

Yeah....and where is mine! I ain't got no new switchblade key satification.

Chip

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I just got my key cut and I noticed that I do not have the instructions for programing the new key. I probably threw it away. Any chance you could PM the instructions?

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
See post number 86 in this thread :cheers