The Ford GT Application Process Begins

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Am i reading this correctly?So the dealer gets to determine the price of the car and right of first refusal if one wishes to sell?I thought one of the reasons for the application process was to get the car in a Ford enthusiasts hand without the additional dealer markup?

Yep, read it about 5 times, with time between and came to the same conclusion: I have this nagging feeling that this will be the way for ADMs to be snuck in. We'll see how it works out.

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
So in other words there will be a dealer markup if the dealer so chooses?I am not worried about the right of first refusal cause i won't need to or intend to sell but it does leave an opportunity for the dealer to gouge the customer with the allocation.Many car manufacturers make it policy for a dealer not to markup above retail price i thought Ford was gonna do the same here.

If the customer is in control of choosing the delivery dealer, I guess I don’t understand why the customer would choose a dealer who wouldn’t agree to sell the car at MSRP?

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I wouldn't nor do i think my dealer of choice would markup or atleast they told me they would not in a prior convo i had with the owner as i have bought about 30 Ford cars and trucks there over the last twenty years.I have a great relationship with them but.......Money makes people do strange things sometimes and leaves an open door.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Website is probably getting pounded this evening. I filled out the application earlier today and went back in to attach 2 FB pics to the last section. I edited my little "statement" at the end. Now when I log in the application is empty. Looks like I never was there. That's despite getting a confirmation email from GTAPPSUP@ford.com each time I tweaked the application.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Website is probably getting pounded this evening. I filled out the application earlier today and went back in to attach 2 FB pics to the last section. I edited my little "statement" at the end. Now when I log in the application is empty. Looks like I never was there. That's despite getting a confirmation email from GTAPPSUP@ford.com each time I tweaked the application.

I also came back later to add links and everything previously done was gone. Has anybody been able to do a SAVE on the first pages and then came back later with it still there?

Mar 15, 2006
I submitted my application around 11am central time. Took a little bit to figure out a few things, but overall pretty easy. I am glad that ford is doing the process the way they are, even if I do not get approved for the car. Nice to know that they care enough to try to place these cars in the hands of enthusiast. Hats off to ford for bringing us many exciting cars over the last couple years.

Agreed 100%. Well done Ford!

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Do you suppose there's any consideration to geographically spreading out the US allocation (is your address & demographics considered in the application)? If the committee see's 12 going to So Cal but only 2 to Colorado for example, might they skew the ap reviews to add cars to the underserved region?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Do you suppose there's any consideration to geographically spreading out the US allocation (is your address & demographics considered in the application)? If the committee see's 12 going to So Cal but only 2 to Colorado for example, might they skew the ap reviews to add cars to the underserved region?
Yeah I'm sure it will work out like that:) maybe ypu should get an apartment in Brentwood (just kidding. Vegas doesn't fit the profile either).

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Just wondering Tony if I should go rent a place in Fargo...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I clicked on the webb site and I can't find anywhere to apply!

Ha, I knew we would hear from you eventually Flatrod! I was in Anchorage in January & tried to see you! Don't give up!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

No.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I also came back later to add links and everything previously done was gone. Has anybody been able to do a SAVE on the first pages and then came back later with it still there?

I also went to check today & my application was blank. Nothing saved but each time I fill it out it gets better! LOL

Ed

PS Chip is right - I am going to wait a bit & redo it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I also went to check today & my application was blank. Nothing saved but each time I fill it out it gets better! LOL

Ed

PS Chip is right - I am going to wait a bit & redo it.

At this rate there will be 1500 applications filled out by 16 people

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Yep, read it about 5 times, with time between and came to the same conclusion: I have this nagging feeling that this will be the way for ADMs to be snuck in. We'll see how it works out.
Get ready for 5-figure "dealer preparation fees"

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I completed my application at least three times late last night before it showed completed and saved. I received my confirmation email and then "checked in" on it earlier today and all was well. I just checked in on it before going to bed, again using the link from my confirmation email. All fields blank. Tried logging out and logging in but still nothing.

Screen shot will be my friend next time, just to make entry quicker going forward...

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I emailed their tech support and actually got an answer back! They say my application is submitted, although as of 6 am today, when I log in, all info is blank. I'll probably repeat the whole process in a couple of weeks, as I have no proof that a human will actually read my app at this point.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Some info on the dealer notice. This is for Canada not sure if applies to the USA.

Still states 250 world wide. So maybe the 150 # in the app is USA/North America only. Don't know.
App process open for 30 days.
Within 90 days of closing (May 12) individuals will be notified.

Dealers can apply. 2 draws- Diamond Club Dealer and All Dealer. Feb 2017 is the Diamond club draw. The other is TBD.
Dealer Principals who purchase a Ford GT must agree to register personally and own vehicle for at least two years (just as other customers); the warranty period automatically starts on day of delivery.
Limit will be ONE unit per qualifying Ford dealership.
Dealers not selected in the above draws may also apply through the normal customer application process.
So there you have it.
Say nothing about ADM.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

*Important FYI*

Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to the Ford GT online customer application, additional site maintenance is being performed which is preventing applicants from reviewing their data when they log in again. Please know that all data has been saved securely and applicants will be able to review their data again once the maintenance has been completed. Thank you for your patience and your interest in the all-new Ford GT.

:cheers

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I hoped it was something like that Dave. Thanks for the info, as always!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
+1