Feb 15, 2006
I'm hoping that;

1. Kayvan is kind enough to share his video(s) with us and;
2. The video(s) do not make the evaluaters blush too badly

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
No doubt we will all submit. With such few folks going to be able to secure a spot, I see my personal chances as slim to none but that still will not stop me from submitting. As for all the videos, link, etc, I have hundreds of thousands of videos/article/interviews we have done with the Ford GT and the speeds we have accomplished, just not sure how to get all of that out there. I highly doubt they would google a catch phrase and see what all we have done and give us a serious thought BUT if they do, you will see this car down the track and not put up in my garage I can guarantee.

Mark H.

The application has a place to attach LINKS for two videos and two photos. The media must be in a public location, e.g., youtube or PhotoBucket, etc.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Well, mine is done and application confirmed...but they haven't sent me an e-mail saying I'm getting one yet...and the wait is killing me...LOL

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
View attachment 41876

Black/Black w/ Carbon wheels :thumbsup

Yes please

Holy smokes! Wicked!

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
Wow, what a let-down. First, I registered with Ford to get updates and have had an online account with Ford Motors for years. They sent no news or information about the application process to me (even though I am registered to receive FGT updates). Second, their website sucks. It is cumbersome to navigate. It did not recognize my login, which I have used for years and asked me to set up a new account.

After finishing the re-submission process, I filled out the application. There were several "error" messages, but the site would not direct me to where the errors were located, so I did my best to submit my honest answers without embellishment. I also skipped the steps of producing and linking videos, photos, etc. I have a real "hang-up" about posting any videos and photos of myself online due to security and confidentiality issues. If Ford wants a video or photo, then they will have to send a reporter or private detective out to interview me. I guess they will just have to take me or leave me with or without videos before accepting my half-million dollars.

I've been stating that for some years now about privacy. At one time owned a higher level security company and advised the same to clients when applicable. Even this site I sent an email asking about confidentiality of serial numbers and personal intel and never received a reply(registry) so I never applied for the owner's badge and I understand it's an owners site. That's one of the reasons I rarely post any longer.

What about the people that own multiple GT's any trying for multiple purchases? Be nice now I'm only asking. That use to be a Jay Leno routine before The Tonight Show gig...."You ever wonder"

If anyone watches Solomondrin vids on utube how the hell did he get a hookup for one of these? He just sold his GT and could never handle driving it anyway.

I've put together a pile of invoices over the years must be several hundred Ford Trucks over a long spam of years plus the two '05 GT's. Will be going on the app site this evening and if they want to consider all Ford purchases there's a shit load of trucks purchased over the years for mega ranch/herd there.

As far as social media & photos send a Ford employee to my place but leave your camera we have over 115 years of automotive history.

Good luck to all and as I stated some time ago if I don't fit in the car I'll delete my application.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
A submitted my application and was somewhat disappointed that I was unable to put pictures or videos in application. Wasn't very user friendly or was it just my lack of computer skills? Oh well did the best I could with verbal explanations, guess that will have to work. At least I put "shot" in the air. Maybe I'll hit one?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I did not submit a video or photo on the basis that they might add a question:

"Tell us why you think you can fit into a 2017 GT"

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I had the errors as well, and it took a while to figure out where they were. I got through it though...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
A submitted my application and was somewhat disappointed that I was unable to put pictures or videos in application. Wasn't very user friendly or was it just my lack of computer skills? Oh well did the best I could with verbal explanations, guess that will have to work. At least I put "shot" in the air. Maybe I'll hit one?

Regarding the pictures and videos, I assume it's a matter of practicality. It would be really unwieldy if thousands of people all submitted attachment files of pictures and videos. I also think you're safe to assume that a picture or video submission is just icing for the cake, and not enough to bake it...

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
application submitted successfully. Mine was smooth, no issues or errors at all.

Zachary,
You have successfully submitted your application.

What’s next:

You can return and edit your application up until the application submission deadline of approximately 3:59 AM GMT on May 12, 2016 for applicants in the participating territories other than China, Macau and Philippines, and up to 3:59 AM GMT on May 24, 2016 for applicants in China, Macau and Philippines.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
application submitted successfully. Mine was smooth, no issues or errors at all.

Zachary,
You have successfully submitted your application.

What’s next:

You can return and edit your application up until the application submission deadline of approximately 3:59 AM GMT on May 12, 2016 for applicants in the participating territories other than China, Macau and Philippines, and up to 3:59 AM GMT on May 24, 2016 for applicants in China, Macau and Philippines.

I just went back through and it is all working smooth for me now as well. The crush definitely had it skittish. Good luck!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Done, no problems.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Ha! Love the last line in this Wall Street Journal article...and not just because it's mine. :lol

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-wants-buyers-to-actually-drive-the-new-gt-1460581467

Ford Wants Buyers to Actually Drive the New GT
Company seeking enthusiasts who will take car on the road, not keep it under a cover
By CHRISTINA ROGERS and GAUTHAM NAGESH
April 13, 2016 5:04 p.m. ET
3 COMMENTS
For buyers angling to get on the wait list for Ford Motor Co.’s new GT super car, having enough in the bank to cover the roughly $450,000 asking price isn’t enough. They also need to convince the company they are ready to drive.

In a rare move for the domestic auto industry, the Dearborn, Mich., auto maker is taking applications for the latest iteration of its mid-engine sports car. Ford will produce only 250 a year, but the company doesn’t want them collecting dust in garages.

The No. 2 U.S. car maker opened up the application process early Wednesday morning. The move comes about two weeks after Tesla Motors Inc. began taking $1,000 deposits for the Model 3, a much less expensive electric sedan that will bow next year.

To get a GT, candidates must lay out enthusiast credentials. If they have owned a previous-generation GT, for instance, Ford wants to know how many miles on that car’s odometer.

Prospects also have the chance to plead their case in writing and add supporting material, such as video and social media posts, that show dedication.

RELATED

Podcast: Henry Ford III on the New GT, Returning to Le Mans
“We really want to find those customers who will use this car and drive this car and be true ambassadors for Ford,” said Henry Ford III, great-great grandson of founder Henry Ford and global marketing manager for Ford’s performance division. Mr. Ford spoke to The Wall Street Journal in a podcast.

The reservation deadline for the first two years of production is May 12. Tesla’s Model collected 300,000 refundable deposits reservations in the first week of reservations—but that car is aiming for the mass market.

Ford’s application process “is the velvet rope line at the incredibly trendy club,” said Dave Kinney, who publishes the price guide for Hagerty Insurance Agency LLC, the largest insurer of classic and collector’s cars in the U.S. “For a lot of people, it’s very appealing.”

This latest GT, to be built with carbon fiber body panels and a 600-horsepower engine, made a big splash in 2015 at the Detroit auto show. The company had discontinued a prior edition it had started selling in 2004, and it backed away from investing in its gaudiest models during the financial crisis amid a cash shortage.

It isn’t uncommon for high-end cars to have lengthy wait lists or aim for handpicked clientele. Italy’s Ferrari NV, a sports car maker capping annual output at about 7,000, has multiyear waits and often allocates models based on how many Ferraris a buyer has purchased already.

The GT nameplate dates back to the 1960s, when the GT40 bolstered Ford’s racing chops by sweeping the 24 hours of LeMans. Original GT40s routinely sell for more than $1 million.

Ford revived the GT about a decade ago. It was designed to be an American-made, mid-engine supercar rivaling European exotics like Ferrari and Lamborghini SpA, but with a much lower price tag.

Early in its production run, demand was strong with the car selling over its $150,000 list price. Sales cooled, however after the initial rush.

Several years later, however, the GT is considered a favorite among collectors. Prices for low-mileage used models began to soar in late 2012, and today the average 2005-06 Ford GT is worth more than $250,000, according to Hagerty.

Karl Brauer, a 2005 Ford GT owner and senior analyst for car-research firm Kelley Blue Book, wasted no time to put in his application for the new one.

When he bought his first GT, it took three-and-a-half years for the company to fill his order.

Paying $165,000 originally, he estimates the car is worth about $230,000 with 28,000 miles on the odometer. He argues he’s the type of person Ford is looking for in an owner: someone who will drive the car and show it off.

All too often these kinds of cars are kept locked away in a garage somewhere as if they’re a trophy, Mr. Brauer said.

“[Ford is] trying to prevent them from becoming objects of the super wealthy to be stored away,” Mr. Brauer added. “It’s not a statement car if it sits under a cover.”

Write to Christina Rogers at christina.rogers@wsj.com and Gautham Nagesh at gautham.nagesh@wsj.com

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Ha! Love the last line in this Wall Street Journal article...and not just because it's mine. :lol

“[Ford is] trying to prevent them from becoming objects of the super wealthy to be stored away,” Mr. Brauer added. “It’s not a statement car if it sits under a cover.”

Carl, I hope history repeats itself for you! I remember talking at Rally 1 with you about what you went through to get one...

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
so the wait begins

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 292

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I submitted my application around 11am central time. Took a little bit to figure out a few things, but overall pretty easy. I am glad that ford is doing the process the way they are, even if I do not get approved for the car. Nice to know that they care enough to try to place these cars in the hands of enthusiast. Hats off to ford for bringing us many exciting cars over the last couple years.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Did anybody read the "Terms and Conditions"?
The Ford dealers that are involved in sales of the GT outside of the countries specified in the prior sentence are not employees, affiliates or subsidiaries of Ford. Applicants who will be invited to discuss with a Ford dealer a potential purchase of a GT (“Selected Applicants”) will be directed to Ford dealers. The purchase price and all other terms of sale will be determined by the seller in accordance with such terms and processes as the seller may establish. Each seller of a GT will have the right to condition the sale on the purchaser’s agreement to restrictions on resale or transfer of the GT or to a right of the seller to repurchase the GT within specified time periods, to the extent such restrictions or requirements are permitted under applicable law.

Am i reading this correctly?So the dealer gets to determine the price of the car and right of first refusal if one wishes to sell?I thought one of the reasons for the application process was to get the car in a Ford enthusiasts hand without the additional dealer markup?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
By law, dealers set the sale price. The customer is granted the allocation, and the choice of delivery dealer. Without the customer allocation, there is no car to mark up. Dealer agrees to sale price, customer chooses dealer to deliver, dealer receives compensation, everybody wins.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
By law, dealers set the sale price. The customer is granted the allocation, and the choice of delivery dealer. Without the customer allocation, there is no car to mark up. Dealer agrees to sale price, customer chooses dealer to deliver, dealer receives compensation, everybody wins.

So in other words there will be a dealer markup if the dealer so chooses?I am not worried about the right of first refusal cause i won't need to or intend to sell but it does leave an opportunity for the dealer to gouge the customer with the allocation.Many car manufacturers make it policy for a dealer not to markup above retail price i thought Ford was gonna do the same here.

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
Got mine in this morning. I felt like I was back in school taking a test!