The Ford GT Application Process Begins

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Wow, what a let-down. First, I registered with Ford to get updates and have had an online account with Ford Motors for years. They sent no news or information about the application process to me (even though I am registered to receive FGT updates). Second, their website sucks. It is cumbersome to navigate. It did not recognize my login, which I have used for years and asked me to set up a new account.

After finishing the re-submission process, I filled out the application. There were several "error" messages, but the site would not direct me to where the errors were located, so I did my best to submit my honest answers without embellishment. I also skipped the steps of producing and linking videos, photos, etc. I have a real "hang-up" about posting any videos and photos of myself online due to security and confidentiality issues. If Ford wants a video or photo, then they will have to send a reporter or private detective out to interview me. I guess they will just have to take me or leave me with or without videos before accepting my half-million dollars.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Price?

I tried and get lots of undefined displays starting on the config page. I'll look later. Maybe the server load will get sane by morning

Nothing. This morning I go to www.fordgt.com and the configurator is gone. Did they take it down?

Edit: Hmmm, now it's there.

Edit edit: Hmmm, well the configurator is down further on the page (last night I was on my phone) but the application thing still says "The Ford GT application process will begin soon. Please continue to check back at this space for further details."

Edit edit edit: I forced a page reload/refresh using CTRL+F5 and now it's there. If you are having problems the page seems to not reload if you have a stale cache.

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Tim, I had to register with Ford again like you, after having an account for 11 years.....

its there Tony.. just filled it out. I imagine Brian will be at it all day long...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I can see this moving from "good luck" to F-U in just a matter of months.

You are certainly correct, but as long as people are realistic, they shouldn't be. At 250 units per year globally, it was always gonna be very difficult to get one. An employee procured tickets for one of the owners coming to the GT Owner Hospitality at Le Mans a few weeks ago and noted that his employer's company had bought 6 figures worth of Ford fleet vehicles. Except he meant six figures not as in "$500,000 worth" but as in "over 100,000 units." The ocean is big out there...

What amazes me is how tailor made the application is for a lot of people on this website. I have to like a number of our member's chances. Here's to hoping!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
As you know Dave, that was as always, my poor attempt at humor. As in, "good luck, oh hey you got yours , that's awesome" ("dic$head" ).

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
As you know Dave, that was as always, my poor attempt at humor. As in, "good luck, oh hey you got yours , that's awesome" ("dickhead" ).

Humor or not, truth was in there!

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
application touches on a lot of different areas, hopefully they are sold to a well rounded group of lucky car enthusiasts..... hopefully my social media presence helps!

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Humor or not, truth was in there!

The best humor is always rooted in truth.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I can see this moving from "good luck" to F-U in just a matter of months.

It'll be more like a game of Survivor on steroids.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What the heck do you do about Videos?

Joe

Hand your wife the iPhone & start driving around town! LOL. Or you could use a video of bikini girls washing your GT!

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I plan on submitting 59 seconds of me in a white suit doing interpretive ice dances of my life's journey.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I feel like its a trick question when they ask to name the most significant cars in your collection and you dont name every Ford you own :confused

But anyway...yes please!

download.jpg

Last edited:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
What the heck do you do about Videos?

Joe

60 second burnout!

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I clicked on the webb site and I can't find anywhere to apply!

09redviper

Dec 14, 2012
Maybe the 500 applications were received ??

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Way down at the bottom

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Tim, I had to register with Ford again like you, after having an account for 11 years.....

its there Tony.. just filled it out. I imagine Brian will be at it all day long...

Got my app completed around 4:00am been playing with the configurator.. Look like there is going to be some type of " Special Series " models . Maybe a race car paint scheme would be my guess..

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...Process-Begins?p=417754&viewfull=1#post417754

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
No doubt we will all submit. With such few folks going to be able to secure a spot, I see my personal chances as slim to none but that still will not stop me from submitting. As for all the videos, link, etc, I have hundreds of thousands of videos/article/interviews we have done with the Ford GT and the speeds we have accomplished, just not sure how to get all of that out there. I highly doubt they would google a catch phrase and see what all we have done and give us a serious thought BUT if they do, you will see this car down the track and not put up in my garage I can guarantee.

Mark H.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I plan on submitting 59 seconds of me in a white suit doing interpretive ice dances of my life's journey.

We'll be waiting for that !! :biggrin :pop:pop

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Wow, what a let-down. First, I registered with Ford to get updates and have had an online account with Ford Motors for years. They sent no news or information about the application process to me (even though I am registered to receive FGT updates). Second, their website sucks. It is cumbersome to navigate. It did not recognize my login, which I have used for years and asked me to set up a new account.

After finishing the re-submission process, I filled out the application. There were several "error" messages, but the site would not direct me to where the errors were located, so I did my best to submit my honest answers without embellishment. I also skipped the steps of producing and linking videos, photos, etc. I have a real "hang-up" about posting any videos and photos of myself online due to security and confidentiality issues. If Ford wants a video or photo, then they will have to send a reporter or private detective out to interview me. I guess they will just have to take me or leave me with or without videos before accepting my half-million dollars.

I understand your frustration went thru the same events, I don't do Facebook or Instagram etc.. similar concerns.
I do understand Ford will create a lot of Media Hype with this process and internet exposure witch will be great marketing and I applaud that effort. This is a halo car to bring awareness to the Ford brand so I am sure this is going to pay dividends in that respect so.. Go Ford !!