Shadowman's Gal Arrives in Florida

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
In part, because we have no children, my wife names all of our cars. She has heard me discussing our new arrival over the phone and read some of my e-mail messages where I referred to her as Shadowman’s car or the Shadow car. Shadowman, in your honor your gal has been named, and forever hereafter will be referred to as SHADOW. SHADOW will be sporting a USAF license plate issued by the State of Florida which compliments your reference to Area 51 on your Discovery Automotive website.

Below Image 1 is SHADOW being unloaded from transport after road trip from Shelby Smith’s Elite Auto, Jonesboro, Arkansas.

UFO welcomes her new best girlfriend SHADOW to Florida. In the parlance of cars with scissor doors, it is a well known fact, that sitting side by side with both drivers and passenger doors fully extended indicates immediate acceptance of each others beauty and mutual respect for the others performance capabilities. See Image 2.

By raising both doors along with their rear bonnets, in the scissor door world, reflects, an opening of their hearts and souls to the other and the first step in the formation of a long lasting, deep, meaningful relationship, or so I have been told. See Image 3.

Shadowman rest assured your Gal will be happy in her new environment. For the foreseeable future, she will be parked (see image 4) where I will be adding some personal touches to make her ours and hopefully compliment your efforts. She will have a perfect view of beautiful palm trees, other Florida vegetation, a small lake and the 2nd tee of the Bobcat golf course. Since, the cart path runs along side our property, no doubt, many members and guests will be stopping by to admire her and take cell phone picture as they make their way to the 2nd tee box (It has happend already). It has been a regular occurrence over the years when children and grandchildren of members visit the area that a request is made to come see the cars. Therefore, SHADOW will also be exposed to admirers of all ages. Shadowman, you may sleep in peace. All is well with your gal.

Shadowman IMO the quality of your workmanship might be equalled in a few cases. It will not be surpassed, ever.

Shelby thank you for concern and dedication though the entire sales and delivery process.

UFO74
Al

Attachments

• IMG_4800.jpg
    IMG_4800.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 690
  • IMG_4830.jpg
    IMG_4830.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_4836.jpg
    IMG_4836.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_4843.jpg
    IMG_4843.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 691

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
My friend , you will be happy once again, the GT bug has bit you again...ENJOY GTJOEY 1314:thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
WOW!
Those two cars compliment each other VERY well.
It was a true pleasure working with you Al! Now, cant wait to see you at the Rally. You truely should consider bringing SHADOW!!! :thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
I am very happy to see this thread and know that "Shadow" has arrived.

UFO74; your personal comments and plans for "Shadow" were very well received, appreciated, and enjoyed.

I have to agree with Shelby as the gals look like a perfect match and I have no doubt that she has been adopted by a wonderful family.

I am now at ease

Thank you and takes care

Shadowman

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Congrats...and I want to hear more about the Ultima! What's under the hood of that beast?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I wonder what color Shadowman will buy next.

you know it's coming

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Congrats...and I want to hear more about the Ultima! What's under the hood of that beast?

dont even think about buying an Ultima sanjay, Im buying one:biggrin

Al, congrats on your new gal, love the ultima too :thumbsup

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL

Dart Block, 627HP, 507Ft-Pds Torque at 6500 RPM on Engine Dyno. Built by Gail Trent at American Speed Enterprises, Moline, IL. Car weighs 2100pds.
www.ultimasports.co.uk. From this site can access American Speed. Car in above pictures can be found in the USA section of the site. (top of page)

Thank you all for your kind comments.

UFO
Al

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Congratulations Al

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Congratulations Al

Thanks Chris. Hope all well. If your down this way, lets have lunch. Will give you call next time heading your way.

UFO74
Al

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Chris and Al, my GT stays in Jersey all winter while I'm in Venice. I'd love to join the two of you for a brew.

Howard

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Chris and Al, my GT stays in Jersey all winter while I'm in Venice. I'd love to join the two of you for a brew.

Howard

Howard if you coming down in Ft. Myers, give me call. Let me know and I will PM you my phone. I seldom get up to Venice or Sarasota, but will PM you and get you phone number, if I am coming. Would enjoy lunch and discussion. :cheers

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I won't be in Florida until December, and I'm looking foward to visiting "snaproll" in Naples, who is kindly storing a splitter for me. Ft Myers would be a convenient stop on the way. I autocross a Miata in Ft Myers once a month in the winter. Let's exchange numbers by PM.

Howard

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
An Ultima (CanAm) is at the top of my list for next project. I've been to the UK factory with my son and took a (right seat) test drive. They gave my son a drive as well. Boy, was he beaming.
I just have to find the time and space for the assembly.
Congrats on the pair.

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
An Ultima (CanAm) is at the top of my list for next project. I've been to the UK factory with my son and took a (right seat) test drive. They gave my son a drive as well. Boy, was he beaming.
I just have to find the time and space for the assembly.
Congrats on the pair.

t32b

You will love the Ultima. It is like driving a race car on the street. If you have any questions send me an email. Have a friend who built one with an LS7 (Z06 engine with dry sump) Probably the most modern way to go. He could answer any of your questions about this option. I have found Ted and Richard Marlow of Ultima Sports honorable Gentlemen, easy to deal with and always extremely quick to respond to any question.

Thanks for you note of congratulations.

UFO74

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
You've got some good ones! Take care of them both and enjoy!

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Thank you. I'll likely take you up on your offer. I met Ted and he was exactly as you describe. Also provides an impressive demo drive. And the LS7 will be the way I go. Nostalgia takes a back seat to reliable fuel injections and Ti connecting rods!
The only other thing I'd like to know is, on any given day, with those two beautiful cars, how do you decide?? :)

t32b

You will love the Ultima. It is like driving a race car on the street. If you have any questions send me an email. Have a friend who built one with an LS7 (Z06 engine with dry sump) Probably the most modern way to go. He could answer any of your questions about this option. I have found Ted and Richard Marlow of Ultima Sports honorable Gentlemen, easy to deal with and always extremely quick to respond to any question.

Thanks for you note of congratulations.

UFO74

smallblk400

May 17, 2009
Phoenix, AZ.
I love your babies!!! they both look amazing side by side!!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great cars ! Great Story !! Enjoy,,!! :thumbsup

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Appreciate you alls comments.

You've got some good ones! Take care of them both and enjoy!

Thank you. I loved cars in the 50's and I still do. Keeps me young at heart!

I love your babies!!! they both look amazing side by side!!!

I am one proud puppy!

Great cars ! Great Story !! Enjoy,,!! :thumbsup

I believe it may be non-fiction. Also a sick puppy!