Shadowman's Gal Arrives in Florida

CobraChamp

Aug 21, 2006
Carlsbad, CA
Sweet rides. How do you compare the 2 cars. I've always loved the FGT and would hate to part with my GTR but very well might someday.... If the wind blows the right direction.
Paul

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Sweet rides. How do you compare the 2 cars. I've always loved the FGT and would hate to part with my GTR but very well might someday.... If the wind blows the right direction.
Paul

Paul:

Very broad and difficult question, Let me qualify my answer as follows:

1. Your Ultima with the LS7 and mine with the a big cam and carb and the Getrag transaxle will be very different beasts and our point of references may be quite different.

2. I have only driven my Ford GT a couple of times. I never have driven my Ultima anywhere close to its limits. I do not possess the capability to do so. The same will be true for the Ford GT. The performance numbers of the ultimate Ultima and the stock Ford GT are well published and speak for themselves. These do not take into consideration a modified GT nor a lesser Ultima.

With above in mind, I will answer your question as follows: IMO< IMO< IMO

The Ultima is primarily designed as a race car that can be used on the street. Maybe that is why it is designated a GTR.

The Ford GT is primarily designed as a sophisticated grand touring car, that can be modified and used for racing. Maybe that is why it is desigated a GT.

I am proud to own both of them.

UFO74
Al

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I never have driven my Ultima anywhere close to its limits. I do not possess the capability to do so. The same will be true for the Ford GT.

UFO74
Al

...and you'll never wake up in a hospital for holding that view! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Whomever it was who said, "Just because you're qualified to write the check for a supercar doesn't mean you're qualified to drive it", was right on the money IMHO.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...and you'll never wake up in a hospital for holding that view! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Whomever it was who said, "Just because you're qualified to write the check for a supercar doesn't mean you're qualified to drive it", was right on the money IMHO.

I guess that is why yours never left the garage! :lol

Really almost anyone can drive a supercar, just remember what Dirty Harry said, "I man's got to know his limitations."

I guess EP's lives by that too, but his limitations are greater than most.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I guess EP's lives by that too, but his limitations are greater than most.

yeeeeeeeew have no idea how right you are!!!!!!!:willy:willy:willy

CobraChamp

Aug 21, 2006
Carlsbad, CA
Paul:

Very broad and difficult question, Let me qualify my answer as follows:

1. Your Ultima with the LS7 and mine with the a big cam and carb and the Getrag transaxle will be very different beasts and our point of references may be quite different.

2. I have only driven my Ford GT a couple of times. I never have driven my Ultima anywhere close to its limits. I do not possess the capability to do so. The same will be true for the Ford GT. The performance numbers of the ultimate Ultima and the stock Ford GT are well published and speak for themselves. These do not take into consideration a modified GT nor a lesser Ultima.

With above in mind, I will answer your question as follows: IMO< IMO< IMO

The Ultima is primarily designed as a race car that can be used on the street. Maybe that is why it is designated a GTR.

The Ford GT is primarily designed as a sophisticated grand touring car, that can be modified and used for racing. Maybe that is why it is desigated a GT.

I am proud to own both of them.

UFO74
Al

Thank you Al. I am glad you read my question properly. I wasn't asking which is faster and you were spot on with your answer. I totally agree with your summary but wanted another persons confirmation.

For those of us that can't afford both cars, I guess another way to put it would be if you're going to have a track car that you occasionally take on the street, the Ultima is the way to go. If you're primarily going to use it on the streets and occasionally as a track car, the FGT is the way to go.

How much of a problem, practically speaking, do the FGT doors become in parking lots? Have you ever been in a situation where you couldn't get into your GT because some numbnuts parked too close?

Thanks,
Paul

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Have you ever been in a situation where you couldn't get into your GT because some numbnuts parked too close?

'Til Al chimes in:

If you always grab an END spot such that the driver's door can't BE blocked by somebody, you'll never have that pblm (and park as far over from the stall next to you as you can as well to DECREASE the odds of a door dent on the passenger side). That, or only use curbside parking places...preferably END spots there too for several reasons.

If I couldn't find one of the above - I didn't park the car. That was just a flat out RULE.

If you use just any ol' side-by-side parking lot 'spaces - logic demands it's just a matter of time B4U get hemmed in.

CobraChamp

Aug 21, 2006
Carlsbad, CA
That sounds like a good set of runs to park by. It wouldn't be any fun getting pinned up next to another car and not be able to get in.

Paul

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Shadow to get some Bling

She arrived about 1 week ago, could not leave her alone. Pictures 1 and 2 Shadow prepared for surgery and items removed. Pictures 3 and 4 items off to chrome.

By the way if any of you are seeking to have any parts chromed. I have been using Spacecoast Plating in Melbourne, FL for years. They do many of the top show cars and motorcycles in FL. www.spacecoast-plating.com

UFO74

Attachments

• IMG_4890.jpg
    IMG_4890.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4892.jpg
    IMG_4892.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4905.jpg
    IMG_4905.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4908.jpg
    IMG_4908.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 137

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I can't wait to see the custom vents done in chrome and installed:banana:eek

Aug 25, 2006
She arrived about 1 week ago, could not leave her alone. Pictures 1 and 2 Shadow prepared for surgery and items removed. Pictures 3 and 4 items off to chrome.

By the way if any of you are seeking to have any parts chromed. I have been using Spacecoast Plating in Melbourne, FL for years. They do many of the top show cars and motorcycles in FL. www.spacecoast-plating.com

UFO74

UFO74

Very nice personal touches; BTW I smiled as I saw the blue tape.

I am both happy and excited for you as you migrate through the process of personal touch items thus making "Shadow" truly your dream gal.

Thank you for sharing

Shadowman

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Why do I feel that seeing the photos is going to result in my spending money?

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
UFO74

Very nice personal touches; BTW I smiled as I saw the blue tape.

I am both happy and excited for you as you migrate through the process of personal touch items thus making "Shadow" truly your dream gal.

Thank you for sharing

Shadowman

Shadowman:

I was going to do more chrome, but once she arrived found the color of the stripes matched the color of the interior and engine compartment so well, had second thoughts, and considered painting the aluminum vents I purchased black and leaving well enough alone. Besides the stealth look is respentative of her name, history and heritage. But once I saw how well the highly polished throttle body looking against the black SC, decided that a bit more chrome might add something. I hope so. Anyway, show judges love chrome and she will find herself in shows from time to time.

Will post pictures when reassembled.

The fire extinguisher system you designed and incorporated is a work of art.

Regards,

UFO

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I was hoping you would have a better hand model. Please fix this flaw in your next set of pictures.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
You are thinking to to small... put chrome stripes on it.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Why do I feel that seeing the photos is going to result in my spending money?

I have that same feeling every time I see a TT setup, and now everytime I see a Midnight Blue GT.....:eek :banana

You are thinking to to small... put chrome stripes on it.
:lol:lol:lol :thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
I was hoping you would have a better hand model. Please fix this flaw in your next set of pictures.

ROFL

All the best

Shadowman

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Shadow gets door panel treatment

Had some suede left over from a Pantera job a few years ago. Color blended with Shadow's beautiful coloring, so decided on a little project after UPS'd parts for chroming. Also used some ultra leather and constructed the arm rests. Suede may get dirty quickly, no problem. Everything held together with Velco for quick change and modification. Pictures below:

Have a good weekend.

Only the Shadow knows :banana

Attachments

• IMG_4914.jpg
    IMG_4914.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4915.jpg
    IMG_4915.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 112
Aug 25, 2006
Had some suede left over from a Pantera job a few years ago. Color blended with Shadow's beautiful coloring, so decided on a little project after UPS'd parts for chroming. Also used some ultra leather and constructed the arm rests. Suede may get dirty quickly, no problem. Everything held together with Velco for quick change and modification. Pictures below:

Have a good weekend.

Only the Shadow knows :banana

Very nice personal touches to the gal

Takes care

Shadowman

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Looks great Al!

And Shadowman, I havent forgotten you on the pics. Plan to make you a CD this week! :)