Shadowman's Gal Arrives in Florida

Aug 25, 2006
Looks great Al!

And Shadowman, I havent forgotten you on the pics. Plan to make you a CD this week! :)

LOL Shelby

Thank you

Shadowman

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Very nice personal touches to the gal

Takes care

Shadowman

Looks great Al!

And Shadowman, I havent forgotten you on the pics. Plan to make you a CD this week! :)

The arm rest is fine, not completely satisfied with the fit and finish of the diamond background. Figured a better way, back to shop to work on prototype. If what I am planning works, should be able to make them with multi colors and materials. Shelby could probably even make one in red, white and blue for your TT.

UFO and the Shadow know!

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
On first attempt at door panels used some left over suede which did not posses sufficient body to hold a true crisp line (see above). Although it was ok, it did not match the standard of detail excellence that Shadowman had performed on every other aspect of SHADOW. Before began second attempt was informed by the boss and co-owner that she thought the diamond design did not go with the sleek modern look of the GT. Being the intellectual giant I am, (you might refer to it as something else) I immediately changed course. Both of us are satisfied with the second attempt. All that is left is embroidery on the material of her choosing and a final remake. See pictures below:

Attachments

• IMG_4922.jpg
    IMG_4922.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4924.jpg
    IMG_4924.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 159

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Shadow Update

Superficial upgrades to Shadow are well on the way. As promised will attempt to document what has been done in the form of pictures for comparison sake. Per usual there is always one supplier that does not deliver as promised, in this case it has been the embroidery guy with the suede door material for my inserts. The person he uses to transfer the pictures to patterns has been hold up, he says. If he does not come through shortly, we may part ways.
Picture 1: Disassembled parts before chrome.
Picture 2: Disassembled parts after the completion of chrome process.
Picture 3 & 4: Engine compartment before disassembly.
Picture 5: Engine compartment with chrome parts.

Please see next post. Was only allowed to put up 5 pictures.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 131
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 131

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Shadow Update 2

Picture 6: Billet aluminum rear vents before chrome.
Picture 7 & 8: Billet aluminum rear vents after chrome. All of the machining marks were eliminated by the chrome process.
Picture 9: Polished seat buttons installed. They do add something to the interior.
Picture 10: While waiting for return of chrome, machined a billet aluminum piece to add body to the Ford short throw shifter and also sewed up an ultra leather covers for the standard rubber shifter boot and the standard emergency brake rubber boot.

Weather permitting; two Ft. Myers Ford GT owners and their ladies will meet for breakfast Sunday morning and for a little cruise from Ft. Myers Beach to Bonita Beach.

Any other owners in the area are welcome to join us.

Will keep you posted on future upgrades or downgrades, depending on how you look at it!

Regards,

UFO and the Shadow

Attachments

• Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 9.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture 10.jpg
    Picture 10.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
WOW !!!!

My gal from days gone past received a wonderful array of personal touch items; she looks fresh and crisp.

You have done well

All the best

Shadowman

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Looks great Al!!!

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Finally the Embroidery

Been working with the embroidery shop for some time now. Finally have a correct pattern. The embroidery is done in black on Silver/Gray Suede which matches the silver stripes on the black car. Because of the nap in the Suede, they look better in person than they do in pictures.

No further upgrades until Washington makes a final decision on my application for a bailout. :lol:thumbsdow

Have a great day.

UFO

Attachments

• Door Insert.jpg
    Door Insert.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Passenger Side.jpg
    Passenger Side.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Drivers Side.jpg
    Drivers Side.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 75