Rally 7 will be in...

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
2012******somewhere, sometime****I'll be there!

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Doctr V -

While I can understand your frustration, and I wouldn't mind coming to the east - I'm a bit disappointed in your somewhat selfish desires. It sounds like you'll only go if the Rally is close to you, while many of us go to all the Rallies no matter where they are located. It's a National Rally, not a local get together, and I would hope that you would join us wherever it is held.

I've met so many Ford GT owners from all over the country by attending these events, and come to love and respect them for their attributes other than owning a Ford GT. While it's the car that brought us together, the rallies have broadened my interests, acquaintances and friendships. I encourage you to go to the Rally wherever it is held.

Ralphie, I agree with you totally. Without the help of you guys 2 years ago I probably would have been totally blind buying one of these beauties. None the less, I have one and want to bring it to a Rally either driving or in a trailer. Time is my only constraint. Last summer was my first summer with my girl and Utah was just a bit out of reach. If its on the east coast its just a lot easier for me to close my practice for a week and get the inlaws to come watch the 4 babies. I have no associates with me at work and any longer than a week away is almost unreachable. Going without my wife to the rally isnt an option, Unless im in the mood to split 9 cars in half at the divorce. :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Translation: Don't bend over if Ralphie or Jeff drop something.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Translation: Don't bend over if Ralphie or Jeff drop something.

geez frankie be nice.

you talk like we're related to stormkitty?

Dr V- we retired folks really don't have the same logistics as you that have a real job.

The Rally will be where ever DBK decides. Hope it's near enough for you to take a day or three off.

Even the esteemed Dr. Pickled Cucumber finds a way to attend. But then his patients are no longer in a hurry to go anywhere.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Jacksonville, Florida !
The weather is usually rainy, there are no nice hotels, and there is no track near by, but at least it's close to my house.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
geez frankie be nice.

you talk like we're related to stormkitty?

Dr V- we retired folks really don't have the same logistics as you that have a real job.

The Rally will be where ever DBK decides. Hope it's near enough for you to take a day or three off.

Even the esteemed Dr. Pickled Cucumber finds a way to attend. But then his patients are no longer in a hurry to go anywhere.

As soon as the date is established by DBK Im going to try and make it happen. Dont worry, Ive got thick skin.:lol

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mitch, Im in!!!

Jacksonville, Florida !
The weather is usually rainy, there are no nice hotels, and there is no track near by, but at least it's close to my house.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Mitch, Im in!!!

Awesome. I'll supply the beer !

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Jacksonville, Florida !

Well, one out of four isn't that bad. I'll make sure it's on the Rally list!

Ed

Cobra63

GT Owner
Dec 30, 2007
Edina, MN
How many of you have put your car on Road America? I have 4 times (8 days) with Northwoods Shelby Club. For our type of car it is the ideal road course in the US. 4 miles of HIGH SPEED action, 150' of elevation (VIR was 135'--but not as noticeable as RA). Bugs have never been a problem, but it can rain (as at VIR 2 years ago) so they run in the rain. Accomodations in the area are numerous. Do we really need $200-300 nightly rates? There are some nice accomodations in Sheboygan--13 to 15 miles away. If we can't get the track, why not piggyback with Northwoods? Their tentative dates are July 27-29 (up to 3 days of track time) this year. If you want the Osthoff's facilitites for meeting and dinner events, I doubt the Shelby Club will be using it. There's always Siebkens next door--a real racer's bar like the Seneca Lodge at Watkins Glen. Registration details should be coming out in about a month. They run 4 groups with about 120-150 cars total. Register early and help keep the Corvettes and Porsches out of a FORD event. It'll be less lonely as the only GT running. See nwshelbyclub.com

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
+5 for Road America.

Otis

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Only problem with Road America is concrete walls all over the place. Track looks wicked though and I could actually be there with less than 30 hours of driving! :ack

Anybody else?

- Barber in Alabama
- Infineon in Northern California
- Road America in Wisconsin (except for Frank)
- Jacksonville at Mitch's place
- Any location within 1 hour of everyone's house

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Jonesboro Arkansas! There is already like 20 GTs here (ok, ok.... I own 17 of the 20), there is ASU, who is playing in the GoDaddy bowl as we speak, plenty of farm land, no tracks, Plenty of Hotels (I have no idea why), and Arkansas is the Land of Bill Clinton. Whatelse could you guy ask for??? :)

H

HHGT

Arkansas is the Land of Bill Clinton. Whatelse could you guy ask for??? :)

Cigars and Fat Women :willy:willy:willy

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Here's a suggestion:

If we're looking something that's centrally located, a good location for wives and girlfriends, close to a large contingent of GT owners, and has lots of non-car stuff to do...

I've made the acquaintance at a car event I've done the last couple years of the owner of a brand new track in New Orleans. It's called NOLA Motorsports Park. It's a big money project and they have just opened the North Course which is just under 3 miles. The track was designed by Alan Wilson, who also designed MMP, so the safety level is similar. It's got a 3300' straight as well, so maybe we could even get some roll racing going.

It's only 15 miles from the French Quarter so we wouldn't be hurting for entertainment.

6521553163_f4a8e9f229.jpg

6493041561_b0c6ce12e2.jpg

5943745169_55d23440fc.jpg

[video=youtube;pU2-uu7xBFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2-uu7xBFw&list=UUmb6kmcufYoXeV2byNhMeqg&index=1&feat ure=plcp[/video]

[video=youtube;n8zNTlmJtEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8zNTlmJtEE&feature=autoplay&list=UUmb6kmcufYoXeV2byNhMeqg&lf=plcp&playnext=1[/video]

Just throwing it out there for late in the year. Would be quite a party. Only a few hours from Houston, Dallas, close to the midwest, Florida. Just don't bring beads.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
:thumbsupNOLA = Always good times!

Big fan of having fun with the long straight also!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
My vote is for New Orleans!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Looks OK to me. Get us someplace with covered parking? I only know the French quarter and Riverwalk.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Looks easy enough to get to from Jakarta. Might even be able to fly in and drive my car to the Rally!

Started my career in New Orleans many, many years ago, but haven't been back since. Several fond memories of times spent in the French Quarter as office was just a few blocks away from there. Almost killed myself on I-10 coming back into town at 3:00 am just barely missing hitting a huge alligator crossing the interstate. Amazing how fast your heart can beat after something like that!

Magic

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Dave - New Orleans looks fine to me. A lot better than a ""long Trailer-tow"" from Detroit to the West Coast. (NewOrleans seems to be about 1100 miles from Detroit.)

Also, Margaret and I are fine with a good hotel between the Track and the City. We have found it unnecessary to drive back to the City each night after the day at the Track. She typically hangs out at the track with the other women who attend. But that is just our personal opinion. I know some folks like to be in the city to shop etc.during the day.

After attending Rally I, II, III, IV, V and VI, we certainly plan to attend Rally VII !!!

andy (AJB)