New Z06

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Rumor has it that it's going to be a blower car with 500RWHP.
LMR just posted about their heads, cam, blower C7 that made 720RWHP.
I would say that that is pretty serious!
Best,
Mark

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The LT4 is in fact supercharged.

SuperChargedZ06Emblem.jpg

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
With the alleged "slip" of the photo above posted by DBK which surfaced on the net a few days ago, it looks like the induction will in fact be a SC. Several weeks ago I had heard from what I thought was a very reliable source that the cars would be TT. I was soooo hoping the tt would be true.

Hopefully they've done a lot more for engine cooling than they did in the ZR1. The ZR1 is good for only a couple of hot laps before overheating becomes an issue whereas the NA Z06's are much more immune.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
They may be saving the TT for the next version of the ZR1.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Looks great compared to the stingray. The Z06 was my daily driver for the past 3 years. I sold it and the Cobra in exchange for a Raptor and my GT. Definitely an upgrade, although the Z06 was a great car for the price. Plus I sold it for what I bought it for. I miss the heads up display most.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Evidently an 8-gear automatic will be offered too...along with 3 'levels' of aero goodies...the top level being designated the ZO7:

http://jalopnik.com/2015-corvette-z06-more-specs-leak-out-1499947862

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not digging the clear tails...

Corvette-2Stingray-2%5B3%5D.jpg

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Good aftermarket potential.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That was probably the worst automotive reveal I've ever seen. They barely showed the car.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
That was probably the worst automotive reveal I've ever seen. They barely showed the car.
But, they have Mary. :wink

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I would love to take a look at one of these in the flesh.

Vince H

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Kick as car for the money.Not everyone can afford silly money for F or P cars.Its a bang for your dollar thing!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Not digging the clear tails...

Corvette-2Stingray-2%5B3%5D.jpg
How bout the clear center to the rear spoiler?
Looks aside, (seems too busy for me), I think they did their homework on this one.
Should be world class for the money spent.
Mark

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I don't like the rear end. It looks like the new Camaro.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I agree with DBK...disappointing reveal on the website. My everyday driver is a 2011 ZR1 but this car will make it to my garage in 2015. the back end is too busy for me but I think it could be toned down buy painting the back end all one color instead of the contrast. Makes you wonder if a ZR1 will come out in 2015 at all too. I love 'Merican HP!!!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Too bad they didn't let form follow function. So many overwrought details. Once again, world class performance on the cheap. Just avert your eyes until you get behind the wheel. Get black, which helps relieve some of the discordant notes.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Kick as car for the money.Not everyone can afford silly money for F or P cars.Its a bang for your dollar thing!

I've driven Corvettes at Bondurant twice. I thought they were more or less poorly built - inside panels were loose and flapped in the breeze with the windows open. That aside they were kick ass to drive. So I concur with the "bang for the buck" assessment. I think that's been true for quite a while. If you're looking for a car that can handle on the track and just want to drive the ever livin' snot out of it, I think a 'vette is probably your car.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Like this a lot better

FT1-03.jpg

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I agree with DBK...disappointing reveal on the website. My everyday driver is a 2011 ZR1 but this car will make it to my garage in 2015. the back end is too busy for me but I think it could be toned down buy painting the back end all one color instead of the contrast. Makes you wonder if a ZR1 will come out in 2015 at all too. I love 'Merican HP!!!
I agree.
Back all one color, and lose the clear rears will work much better.