New Z06

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
It was suggested to me that the clear rear portion of the spoiler was for visibility through the rear view mirror. Made sense especially for short guys like me. :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I've driven Corvettes at Bondurant twice....they were more or less poorly built - inside panels were loose and flapped in the breeze with the windows open.

...but, how old were they and how many miles of continual 'flogging' had they received before exibiting those 'imperfections', Tony? :wink

Like this a lot better

FT1-03.jpg

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Say WHAT?! :eek :frown

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
The new Z06 is one butt ugly car. my GT is gonna rape it....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The new Z06 is one butt ugly car. my GT is gonna rape it....

:agree: The butt is UGLY!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I would have thought dark gray would have looked better. The yellow with black wheels looks better to me.

Bd8_JuOCMAAOhBx.jpg:large

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I would have thought dark gray would have looked better. The yellow with black wheels looks better to me.

Bd8_JuOCMAAOhBx.jpg:large
This car would look a lot better with the black wheels.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
...but, how old were they and how many miles of continual 'flogging' had they received before exibiting those 'imperfections', Tony? :wink

Indeed they were flogged. The car was less than one year old and had maybe 4000-5000 miles on it. The issues I had were on inside trim. The driver's door panel was falling off. On one car the only thing that held it in place was the door lock button. On the inside back hatch a piece of weather stripping was hanging down and flapping in the breeze so it created an "eye catch" in the rear view mirror. The car locks when you put it in gear and the electric door lock on the driver's side would catch and sometimes require several tries to be able to exit. Granted, these are probably cosmetic and a normal owner would have taken them in for adjustment. But the other cars in the fleet had similar (although not as egregious) cosmetic defects. On the up side they were amazing cars on the track. Turn off the nannies and they are pretty fun cars. Suspensions (upgraded from Z06 components) were very good.

I've not gotten the chance to take the GT out on the same circumstance. I could have used my car for last spring's class but the weather didn't cooperate for me to bring it. Next class will be a little later in the spring.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Indeed they were flogged. The car was less than one year old and had maybe 4000-5000 miles on it. The issues I had were on inside trim. The driver's door panel was falling off. On one car the only thing that held it in place was the door lock button. On the inside back hatch a piece of weather stripping was hanging down and flapping in the breeze so it created an "eye catch" in the rear view mirror. The car locks when you put it in gear and the electric door lock on the driver's side would catch and sometimes require several tries to be able to exit. Granted, these are probably cosmetic and a normal owner would have taken them in for adjustment. But the other cars in the fleet had similar (although not as egregious) cosmetic defects. On the up side they were amazing cars on the track. Turn off the nannies and they are pretty fun cars. Suspensions (upgraded from Z06 components) were very good.

I've not gotten the chance to take the GT out on the same circumstance. I could have used my car for last spring's class but the weather didn't cooperate for me to bring it. Next class will be a little later in the spring.
I have attended quite a few of their classes and they really beat the crap out of their cars. Much more so then any of our cars would see on a regular basis. I'm really not surprised that there were pieces falling off. Hate to say that our GT's have had door panels falling off with a lot less abuse.
Best,
Mark

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Aesthetic preferences aside, I'm rooting for the Z06. Cardom is better with it in the mix.

Hate to say that our GT's have had door panels falling off with a lot less abuse.
Best,
Mark

Yes. Usually when you are feeling very proud of yourself in your pristine supercar and someone who you admire gets in, closes the door, and the panel falls on his leg. :ack :rolleyes :mad

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Aesthetic preferences aside, I'm rooting for the Z06. Cardom is better with it in the mix.

Yes. Usually when you are feeling very proud of yourself in your pristine supercar and someone who you admire gets in, closes the door, and the panel falls on his leg. :ack :rolleyes :mad
Hahaha!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I think it looks very good in the dark gray, but then again I love the sterling grey metallic on my new GT500.

The plastic front fender arch extension on the Z06 is terrible. Has GM given some technical explanation for its purpose, other than the fact they didn't want to spend money on new front fenders?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
No it isn’t! Very racy .Look at the race cars ,they do the same thing.
I think it looks very good in the dark gray, but then again I love the sterling grey metallic on my new GT500.

The plastic front fender arch extension on the Z06 is terrible. Has GM given some technical explanation for its purpose, other than the fact they didn't want to spend money on new front fenders?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
One in white, please

1512115_10200374813011802_1406128244_o.jpg

1523724_10200373758745446_818616287_o.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, that is the paint job to have. That and black.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

To clarify, GM is offering an aero package (or two) for the Z06. While I'm sure there is functionality in the splitter/wheel arch piece, you don't want to be parking this thing around town. And on a similar note, the 25 series (aspect ratio) rear tires will be totally unusable here in Michigan.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Yes, that is the paint job to have. That and black.

The white is juuuuuust right.

Vince H

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
I haven't driven a corvette in years....but this one looks really special. Is this the first production vette to have a supercharger?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I haven't driven a corvette in years....but this one looks really special. Is this the first production vette to have a supercharger?

ZR1 has a SC.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Black will fix the rear.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Black will fix the rear.

doesn't fix fat chix....