Jul 10, 2006
Miami
That's a $12,000 paint job !

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Alrighty. Revisiting the Zed thread. Gotta be a few owners here by now. So now we know it can be a bit of performance turd on the track due to overheating. But I wouldn't be doing much of that anyway. Any real world experiences as a DD?

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Yes, I have a 2016 Z06. Purchased from the dealer here in Bowling Green, KY one week ago. As a daily driver, it is a sweet, well built car. Solid, no squeaks, etc. I have to put another 400 miles on it before I take it to the track. As for overheating, I spent two hours with a Corvette plant rep, personal friend. They are very much aware of the potential overheating issue and have taken steps to eliminate the problem. I shall see. For the moment, I am extremely satisfied with the car.

image.jpg

Tom Fisher

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2015
I have a new Blade Silver ZO6 it is a bad ass car !

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Yes, I have a 2016 Z06. Purchased from the dealer here in Bowling Green, KY one week ago. As a daily driver, it is a sweet, well built car. Solid, no squeaks, etc. I have to put another 400 miles on it before I take it to the track. As for overheating, I spent two hours with a Corvette plant rep, personal friend. They are very much aware of the potential overheating issue and have taken steps to eliminate the problem. I shall see. For the moment, I am extremely satisfied with the car.

View attachment 40250

And what steps would those be?

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I have a new Blade Silver ZO6 it is a bad ass car !

Tom, welcome aboard to the best car forum!!!

Your Z06 is nice!!

Rob ( in AL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
If you are worried about overheating at the track, make sure you opt for the manual trans. The auto is much more susceptible to overheating - but to be fair this is only in extreme track usage by very experienced drivers.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
If you are worried about overheating at the track, make sure you opt for the manual trans. The auto is much more susceptible to overheating - but to be fair this is only in extreme track usage by very experienced drivers.

Auto is and never will be a consideration, Kendall. Watched a vid by KBB where the reviewer took a 2015 manual trans around Big Willow. Hardly looked like he was thrashing it. Overheated after one lap. That's a bit concerning, esp since I live in one of the hottest and most humid places on earth.
I'd like to know what exactly they've done to try to alleviate this issue.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I wouldn't want any forced induction car for serious track use. GM supercharged the Z06 only because they had no other viable options.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I wouldn't want any forced induction car for serious track use. GM supercharged the Z06 only because they had no other viable options.
The new FGT uses forced induction.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

He meant positive displacement supercharging (didn't he?)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Very true, but my personal preference remains the same.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
He meant positive displacement supercharging (didn't he?)

In my view, supercharging is not the way to go for track work. GM had an excellent track car in the last N/A Z06.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Alrighty. Revisiting the Zed thread. Gotta be a few owners here by now. So now we know it can be a bit of performance turd on the track due to overheating. But I wouldn't be doing much of that anyway. Any real world experiences as a DD?

Do you own any tracksuits?