New GT website live, purchase process begins January 2016

DieselDr

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
I had to buy used as well. I was changing oil and helping a diesel tech at the local ford dealer in 05...over 10 years later still doing the same tasks! What happened.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
There are a lot of places out there that loan money!

Ed

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
By my calculations if you put $50,000 down on a $400,000 car at 5% interest rate (optimistic) for 5 years your monthly payments would be $6600.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
By my calculations if you put $50,000 down on a $400,000 car at 5% interest rate (optimistic) for 5 years your monthly payments would be $6600.

5%? That the going rate for good credit?

GTeddy

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2006
January 2016 is just about over...... well?

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
5%? That the going rate for good credit?

I don't have any idea what the going rate is for good credit. I just arbitrarily picked 5%, as everyone would qualify for different rates unless subsidized by Ford finance. The bad news is I didn't allow for sales tax in the $400K price. Figure with sales tax we round it up to $425K. We put down $50K and borrow $375K @ 5% for 5 years it will be $7,076 per month.

Even at 2% to borrow $375K for 5 years will result in a $6,572 payment per month. I'm sure a good number of people here will be paying cash.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sales tax in the places I've lived in the past 20 years have been in excess of 8% (state + local) so that number hovers between 430-440K.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
If one had to get a loan to buy one, don't forget the insurance, as the insurance company will likely want monthly or quarterly payments from the loan company.

Then, there's also registration, which, of course, will include your yearly personalized license plate fee.

All of which says, if you cant pay cash for it, forget it!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If one had to get a loan to buy one, don't forget the insurance, as the insurance company will likely want monthly or quarterly payments from the loan company.

Then, there's also registration, which, of course, will include your yearly personalized license plate fee.

All of which says, if you cant pay cash for it, forget it!

:agree: More allocation for those that can pay cash. :biggrin

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
In CA there will also be a "luxury" tax on top of sales tax & DMV fees. How about a 4% loan for 10 years?

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
http://www.bankrate.com/calculators...=+Mar+2016&ic_id=auto_loan_calc_calculate_btn

I don't think you will find any takers for a 10 year car loan. Maybe a 10 year home equity loan used for a FGt.

The CA taxes, registration and insurance is going to add a lot to the bite as well.

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Yeah that sucks.... Is this where I should post some pics of the snow in my yard to make you Ca guys feel better?:devil

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I don't think you will find any takers for a 10 year car loan.

There are companies that will finance a car that long. It doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do, but they are out there.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Sales tax in the places I've lived in the past 20 years have been in excess of 8% (state + local) so that number hovers between 430-440K.
13% here in Ontario. This one is gonna be out of my budget. The one thing I refuse (disciplined) to do is borrow money for toys.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The one thing I refuse (disciplined) to do is borrow money for toys.

I learned that a long time ago!!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Oops - I've done that a lot & paid them off which will probably not bother me much on my death bed! It will most likely put a smile on my face on all the fun I had! LOL

Ed

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
i was told if you stay away from the forum for a while and return the chances of getting a car will improve.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Yeah that sucks.... Is this where I should post some pics of the snow in my yard to make you Ca guys feel better?:devil

Ha!

Go ahead!

I'll show you snow...in California!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
i was told if you stay away from the forum for a while and return the chances of getting a car will improve.

Welcome back Soroush! So you want a new GT! LOL Miss you man :)

Ed

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Welcome back Soroush! So you want a new GT! LOL Miss you man :)

Ed

Thanks for the welcome back Ed and yes I have my eyes on the the new car, and well with the possibility of the rally being back in Austin this year, its looking good for me to catch up with some old buddies ;)