May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Great news !

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Are there any news about the buying process for Europeans ? Or are we applying to the same program like the US guys?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Will this be posted in the member's/owner's section only, or does everyone get to see it?

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It'll be everywhere.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Take my money!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You will be in line right after Special Ed.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Check your PM's! :biggrin

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Is the application going to be an annual event for each years allotment or is this a one time only and te lucky 1000 will get theirs sometime over the 4 year run?

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Is the application going to be an annual event for each years allotment or is this a one time only and te lucky 1000 will get theirs sometime over the 4 year run?
I wanna know too!!! Great question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Holy Moly............................that's an awesome video!!!

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
You will be in line right after Special Ed.
Ha, that is not my line! I buy only new!

Ed

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I was still in residency in 2005-2006. Couldn't quite swing the $ for a new GT on a resident's salary, even with moonlighting.

DieselDr

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
I had to buy used as well. I was changing oil and helping a diesel tech at the local ford dealer in 05...over 10 years later still doing the same tasks! What happened.

cobraownr

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2007
Annapolis, MD
Another rumor, this one posted January 6, 2016 on www.gt40s.com. So, does anyone know of any outreach by Ford to FGT owners or anyone else yet?

<< ============ >>

I understand original 05-06 GT owners were contacted and a process was offered. They are NOT being done via dealers and so far there is no option for a Ford dealer who wants a car for themselves (and I suspect Ford would rather the cars go to public owners as opposed to a dealer). You can go here: Ford - Cars, SUVs, Trucks & Crossovers | Ford Vehicles | The Official Site of Ford Vehicles | Ford.com and register your interest in updates and I suspect you will get the application details.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
There are a lot of places out there that loan money!

Ed

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Another rumor, this one posted January 6, 2016 on www.gt40s.com. So, does anyone know of any outreach by Ford to FGT owners or anyone else yet?

<< ============ >>

I understand original 05-06 GT owners were contacted and a process was offered. They are NOT being done via dealers and so far there is no option for a Ford dealer who wants a car for themselves (and I suspect Ford would rather the cars go to public owners as opposed to a dealer). You can go here: Ford - Cars, SUVs, Trucks & Crossovers | Ford Vehicles | The Official Site of Ford Vehicles | Ford.com and register your interest in updates and I suspect you will get the application details.

NO. NOT TRUE.

The only outreach was Raj announcing the allocation broad outlines in front of owners that came to the Rally.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Special Ed, are you still going to buy one, or let me have your slot? I know you how you dislike those fake plastic engine covers. That's something they would do on a Vette.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1101870_heres-what-changed-on-the-ford-gt-for-production

Lastly, the engine now sports a plastic cover that proudly reads "EcoBoost."

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Yes, it's true I am not an engine cover fan. I've mentioned in another thread that the packaging constraints would not make the engine bay a thing of esthetic pleasure but would be an area of practicality. So, in this case a cover is needed.

I am an EcoBoost fan. Both Dr Frank & I will be getting EcoBoost tatoos at Daytona.

Ed

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
UUUUhhhhhhh, cobraownr, where have you been???:confused

A member here on the Forum from July 2007 and amassed 88 posts. You need to spend a little more time here if you have a real interest in following either the 2005-2006 or the new 2016 Ford GT.

Dave states the obvious in his above post. Raj Nair gave us owners at the Ford Product Development Center how Ford intended to "outreach" to current FGT owners. Go to Youtube and look up his presentation to us owners at the rally. This way you will know the details exactly as they were presented.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
There is no shortage of people who will tell others what they want to hear.
Amen.

Ed