New GT website live, purchase process begins January 2016

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Well, not really. There's an application process. Some unknown weight is given to prior Ford owners, perhaps some heavier weight if one of those vehicles happens to be a 05-06 FGT. Aside from that, at least speaking for myself, I have no idea what else the process involves or considers.

And yes, many pesos have been spent in the hope of jumping that line.
I've heard that Orthopods with a P-car fetish are automatically excluded from consideration.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Yes.

And the site is a joke. You have to use your "Real Name" but that just means a screen name like most of use here won't work. I was tempted to sign up as Fred Ziffel to see if they cared.
based on that rule "Mr. Ziffel", I'll guess for the win and say Larry L over there is also known here as "empty pockets"

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
And yes, many pesos have been spent in the hope of jumping that line.
60168133.jpg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So when I was told I was in after the head-tapping-belly-rubbing-dancing-naked-on-Las-Vegas-blvd-during-New-Year's-Eve-Fireworks with "I want a 2016 Ford GT" painted on my back was all a ruse?

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Incredible! Will need to add another garage!! Better yet maybe my wife will allow me to put it in the living room, after all it can be considered an "art piece"!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
DBK, do you think/know if Ford will give some credit to FGT owners who bought them used, or just those who purchased new FGTs?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I've heard that Orthopods with a P-car fetish are automatically excluded from consideration.
Hopefully, 'P-car' doesn't translate to - Pinto. :confused

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So when I was told I was in after the head-tapping-belly-rubbing-dancing-naked-on-Las-Vegas-blvd-during-New-Year's-Eve-Fireworks with "I want a 2016 Ford GT" painted on my back was all a ruse?
You were in until "2016." Fail.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
DBK, do you think/know if Ford will give some credit to FGT owners who bought them used, or just those who purchased new FGTs?
DakotaGT...can you post one more time...that number of post's scares the "hell" out of me.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Very cool. Can't wait.

Ed

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
DakotaGT...can you post one more time...that number of post's scares the "hell" out of me.
:devil

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
So the honeymoon is over? LOL. The Rally will now be epic! Soroush is back!

Ed
The honeymoon hast even begun ;) the rally will be my honeymoon :)

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Of my many fetishes, counselor, I assure you that P-cars won't be the one that excludes me from consideration......wait......inner voice fails me again......:leaving:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Who among us will be one of the lucky few ???

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Oops - I've done that a lot & paid them off which will probably not bother me much on my death bed! It will most likely put a smile on my face on all the fun I had! LOL

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think you will be in line for a used new GT when they are available!

Ed

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Welcome back Soroush! So you want a new GT! LOL Miss you man :)

Ed

Thanks for the welcome back Ed and yes I have my eyes on the the new car, and well with the possibility of the rally being back in Austin this year, its looking good for me to catch up with some old buddies ;)

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
http://www.fordgtforum.com/2015/12/30/new-ford-gt-website-goes-live-adds-details/

There's a nice video Ford put on Facebook, had to embed it at above link, vB does not support.

Ford GT Website reveals new details, expands on previous information:

Headlines:
  • Ford GT purchase process begins in January 2016 (details will be posted in full as soon as appropriate)
  • Ford GT active ride height features a drop of ~50 mm (~ 2 inches) to lower center of gravity and further improve aerodynamic performance
  • The rear wing is built into the overall aerodynamic design of the fuselage to enhance airflow even when not deployed
  • The air inlets ahead of the rear wheels feed cooling air to the intercoolers, and also channel air through the flying buttresses to act as an inlet for engine air intake
  • Ford GT headlamps feature all-LED technology for reliable long-lasting luminosity
  • Signature round tail lamps open to vent transmission and oil coolers

One of the key questions answered by the site and video above is how “active” the active suspension in the car really is. The new GT, which is already an extremely low car to begin with, can lower itself an additional ~50 mm to further increase performance. Coupled with active aero, expect levels of grip mere mortals lack the confidence to safely explore. Previously, Ford Global Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer told Hot Rod Magazine that the new GT was somewhere around 42″ tall, meaning that in race mode the new GT could return to (or even drop below) the iconic 40″ height of its forefathers.

If this sounds similar, it’s because the same modus operandi is employed in the $1.1 million hypercar, the McLaren P1. The big Mac ultimately produces a maximum of 600 kg when in race mode with the chassis 50 mm down and wing at maximum attack. Whether or not the new GT hits those levels of grip-inducing force remains to be seen, but the new detail reveals a little bit more of where the GT fits in the performance landscape.

Clearly the GT will be no match for the acceleration of the hypercar class, but is there a car more similar to the GT than the McLaren P1…if you removed the hybrid bits? The cars both sport a carbon fiber tub with aluminum subframes, full carbon fiber body work, a suite of active aerodynamic enhancements, and an extremely sophisticated race-inspired active suspension. It seems obvious the GT occupies a space somewhere north of more expected rivals like the Ferrari 488 GTB, but won’t keep pace with cars whose power output flirts with 4 digits.

Perhaps Ford is producing something both new and old. An ultra-high tech carbon fiber supercar that pushes the boundaries of aerodynamics, materials, lightweighting, and engine technology, but in a pure less-is-more package that harkens back to simplified supercars of eras past. It certainly looks that way.
:cheers

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Video is cool!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
I think you will be in line for a used new GT when they are available!

Ed
:tongue